Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,047

    Swimming Pool costs

    I would like to know the approx cost for building the following:

    a concrete, above ground, plunge pool

    dimensions 6m x 2.5m x 1.5m (depth)

    this will have a overflow filtration unit at one end, and a salt filtration system

    no need for drains, lights, jacuzzis or fancy stuff

    I would tile it, and have wooden decking around it, eventually, so those not included in the cost
    I have reported your post

  2. #2
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Posts
    27,789
    Actually to build the main pool is not too expensive doctor and I would suggest you have it sunk into the ground as the excavation cost is normally included in the price. Then you could save the cost and maintenance of the wooden decking which I really dislike.

    I would also go for a gradually deepening floor angle going from 1.2 metres to 1.7 at the deep end.

    I would expect that the construction of such a pool should cost around 80,000.00 Baht with double skin walls and plumbing and with a decent tile.

    The costs start to rise and depending on the pump and filtration you select and of course if you go for more expensive pool tiles.

    I have a really great pool building guy who has just moved back up your way and if you need his contact details just PM me!

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Posts
    27,789


    From memory this one cost me around 220,000.00 Baht with pumps etc.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    Actually to build the main pool is not too expensive doctor and I would suggest you have it sunk into the ground as the excavation cost is normally included in the price. Then you could save the cost and maintenance of the wooden decking which I really dislike.

    I would also go for a gradually deepening floor angle going from 1.2 metres to 1.7 at the deep end.

    I would expect that the construction of such a pool should cost around 80,000.00 Baht with double skin walls and plumbing and with a decent tile.

    The costs start to rise and depending on the pump and filtration you select and of course if you go for more expensive pool tiles.

    I have a really great pool building guy who has just moved back up your way and if you need his contact details just PM me!

    Good luck!

    thanks for that

    why do you need the gradual deepening? does that make cleaning easier. or what?

    What sort of pump and filtration would be best for this small pool? approx costs?

    I will PM you for the guys details, thanks

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    29-02-2012 @ 08:44 PM
    Posts
    3,539
    And what is the approximative yearly cost in maintenance and electricity for such a pool ? Just curious.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,047
    it should be

    pump 3 hrs daily, [at]750watt approx 2 Kw depending on number of days to be used : all year 700Kw x B6 = B4200

    chemicals a bag or two a month, depending on useage B3000pa

    OK? maybe not

  7. #7
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Posts
    27,789
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    why do you need the gradual deepening? does that make cleaning easier. or what?
    Well, you will need steps to get in the pool and a shallow end for kids and Thai woman who can't swim!

    Also it is quite nice to stand in chin deep water and to have a shallow and a deeper end is the way to go IMO, but up to you Andy!

    Have received your PM and responded and good luck!

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Airportwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:56 PM
    Location
    Flat Earth
    Posts
    3,318
    I have a medium sized (45,000 Ltrs) salt water system pool, cost for chemicals per annum is less than 1,000 Baht, powerbill - no idea!

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,047
    Is the salt water system better than the old type of chlorination? seems so

    if so, does it cost more? to buy and to run?

  10. #10
    Boxed Member
    Nawty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    Location
    in a state of mind
    Posts
    9,711
    Not to run for sure, maybe to buy....the chlorinator cost a little bit to setup. Mine was 20k I think from memory.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Airportwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:56 PM
    Location
    Flat Earth
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    Is the salt water system better than the old type of chlorination? seems so

    if so, does it cost more? to buy and to run?
    Saltwater is the only way to go, cells are priced on size of pool, for 45k ltrs, believe mine was 35k, be cheaper for a smaller pool.

  12. #12
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Burning Down a Pikey Caravan
    Posts
    17,229


    B220,000, what are the dimensions of the pool, LT?

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,776
    190cm by 310cm

  14. #14
    Boxed Member
    Nawty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    Location
    in a state of mind
    Posts
    9,711
    nice pool..

  15. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    02-02-2010 @ 06:53 AM
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Airportwo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    Is the salt water system better than the old type of chlorination? seems so

    if so, does it cost more? to buy and to run?
    Saltwater is the only way to go, cells are priced on size of pool, for 45k ltrs, believe mine was 35k, be cheaper for a smaller pool.
    Make sure you get a self cleaning saltwater chlorinator & stay away from pumps made in China.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,047
    yes, all in hand now, thanks

    although the poolman is now recommending the latest Magnesium filtration system

    too expensive for my small tank

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,136
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mr.TK/Desktop/PALM%20GROVE.jpg[/IMG] Here is a fibreglass swimming pool

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,018
    Mr TK,

    We cannot see a picture that is on your desktop. You'll need to upload it to either the Teakdoor gallery or something like ficker, or photobucket to show us.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,136


    Here we go ca not make the picture any larger

  20. #20
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Location
    Thermae
    Posts
    19,915
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    yes, all in hand now, thanks
    are you building it on the roof ? if so what extras did you do as to provide for the weight of the water ?

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,047
    Baldrick, the pillars and beams are a lot bigger under the pool area, as well as the iron being massive

    I think it was discussed in my "Concrete Box" thread in Famous hreads forum

    the pool structure is heavy as well as the water. The latter will be about 18,000 kilos

    2m x 6m x 1.5m = 18 cu.m. with 1000 litres per cu. m.

  22. #22
    Boxed Member
    Nawty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    Location
    in a state of mind
    Posts
    9,711
    did they factor in the fat bastards swimming in it ?

  23. #23
    Member BKKBILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    21-03-2018 @ 10:48 AM
    Location
    Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawty View Post
    did they factor in the fat bastards swimming in it ?
    Water is heaver than fat and I don't think bastards are any heaver than regular folk so it should balance out.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    thehighlander959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    29-01-2013 @ 05:54 PM
    Posts
    1,784
    Just a question???

    Does anyone on here know someone that has experience of building or constructing pools in the Korat/Buriram area.

    I am looking to build a pool at the side of my new house when its completed.
    Nothing to grand just enjoy a dip when it gets to hot.

    Any suggestions?
    "Don,t f*ck with the baldies*

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,136
    Quote Originally Posted by thehighlander959 View Post
    Just a question???

    Does anyone on here know someone that has experience of building or constructing pools in the Korat/Buriram area.

    I am looking to build a pool at the side of my new house when its completed.
    Nothing to grand just enjoy a dip when it gets to hot.

    Any suggestions?

    What about a fibreglass swimming pool .
    try www.bctcon.com they install all over thailand
    5 days for the insalation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •