Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Member wichenburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    04-10-2011 @ 09:40 PM
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    75

    Euro Style Kitchen

    Is index and Homepro the only place to buy a Euro style Kitchen in Bangkok. I had a nightmare in Index. Saw a nice fridge on the way in reduced price good. asked about the kitchen, We will do you a quote. Every thing in the quote I did not ask for including a fridge at more than double the one in store. but you cannot have that it must be a smeg thats the only brand we do that comes complete with a fitted kitchen. The extractor fan must of been made of gold it was so expensive. I told them what they can do with the kitchen.
    wichianburi

  2. #2
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by wichenburi
    I told them what they can do with the kitchen.
    well done.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    good2bhappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    11-11-2018 @ 05:44 PM
    Location
    Klong Samwa
    Posts
    15,309
    we had a Thai one made for us after we visited Home pro.
    Extended the kitchen by about 4 metres new windows doors etc total cost around 120K bht

  4. #4
    Tonguin for a beer
    Bung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    25-09-2016 @ 09:58 PM
    Location
    Wat Bung
    Posts
    3,846
    You can get custom fitted kitchens by the guys that build the wood furniture you see in all the towns.The ones I have seen are really very good, they normally have a photo album of their work to show you but this is probably the most expensive option. Fit's perfectly though and better wood than the big store stuff.

    Then you can get locals to knock you up cupboards in cement and a counter top surface in marble there's varying quality of stuff around. You then just buy a fridge etc and put them where you ikeI did mine like the this, nothing flash but it works and I'm up country so easily impresses!
    Fahn Cahn's

  5. #5
    Sprayed On Member
    The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Not in the willage
    Posts
    11,684
    Have ojne custom made. It's gotta be cheaper than the ones you see in Homepro and the like for 100k+.

    I'm gonna go stainless steel from Allied Metals, and just have work tops made with a couple of draws and shelves and then fit everything else my self.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    made mine myself, easy

    make a wooden skeleton frame, get a granite top fitted (including any holes you need for sink, hob etc.), get some teak doors made up, put together

    nice solid kitchen and a quarter the price, also exactly what you want

  7. #7
    Sprayed On Member
    The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Not in the willage
    Posts
    11,684
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    get some teak doors made up
    DD's very good at this!

  8. #8
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    made mine myself, easy

    make a wooden skeleton frame, get a granite top fitted (including any holes you need for sink, hob etc.), get some teak doors made up, put together

    nice solid kitchen and a quarter the price, also exactly what you want
    smart arse.

    definitely the way to go though if you are in any way competent.

    I'd rather pay for someone to do a job I could live with.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    yes, sometimes...

    I reckon if you can find a decent carpenter, then it is much better to get one made up. Better quality materials, exactly what you want, fits in the room perfectly etc etc

  10. #10
    Member wichenburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    04-10-2011 @ 09:40 PM
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    75

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    made mine myself, easy

    make a wooden skeleton frame, get a granite top fitted (including any holes you need for sink, hob etc.), get some teak doors made up, put together

    nice solid kitchen and a quarter the price, also exactly what you want
    smart arse.

    definitely the way to go though if you are in any way competent.

    I'd rather pay for someone to do a job I could live with.
    I think your right. I saw some lovely work in Pare ( Not sure of the spelling). Thanks for the tips.

  11. #11
    Member wichenburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    04-10-2011 @ 09:40 PM
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    75
    Thanks for the help boys. I think if I stayed outside while the wife went in, I would of been quoted half the price.

  12. #12
    Member
    Sakeopete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    18-09-2016 @ 08:36 PM
    Location
    Canadian living in Hua Hin
    Posts
    364
    I just did my own kitchen after no companies from Bangkok would come to Aran to do it for me. I made my own measurement and ordered cup boards from Kitchzo who delivered them to my house. I had locals make the counters from cement and I found a granite shop to lay black granite on my tops and island. Picked up the tile, hob and hood in Bangkok.








  13. #13
    Member
    Deck Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    22-11-2017 @ 10:42 PM
    Location
    Adrift
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    made mine myself, easy

    make a wooden skeleton frame, get a granite top fitted (including any holes you need for sink, hob etc.), get some teak doors made up, put together

    nice solid kitchen and a quarter the price, also exactly what you want
    Ditto.

  14. #14
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^^ Nice. Is there an oven? Tim Horton's coffee, eh? I'm a little wary about that Pam or whatever aerosol can above the cooker tho.

  15. #15
    Member
    Sakeopete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    18-09-2016 @ 08:36 PM
    Location
    Canadian living in Hua Hin
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Gorgon View Post
    ^^ Nice. Is there an oven? Tim Horton's coffee, eh? I'm a little wary about that Pam or whatever aerosol can above the cooker tho.
    Tim Hortons is available as my back to back offshore is Canadian and brings me some when I want. Any fellow Canadians passing by are welcome to pop in for a cup when I'm home, sorry no doughnuts though :-(. I debated having an oven but after 7 years in Thailand I have never needed one so it would have been a waste. Instead we store the cooking pots below the hob. The picture makes it look like the Pam is close but it isn't.

  16. #16
    Member wichenburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    04-10-2011 @ 09:40 PM
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakeopete View Post
    I just did my own kitchen after no companies from Bangkok would come to Aran to do it for me. I made my own measurement and ordered cup boards from Kitchzo who delivered them to my house. I had locals make the counters from cement and I found a granite shop to lay black granite on my tops and island. Picked up the tile, hob and hood in Bangkok.







    I like it, last longer than Index, I bet

  17. #17
    Boxed Member
    Nawty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    Location
    in a state of mind
    Posts
    9,711
    How much was the Index quote.

    We got ours from SB and would never recommend them to anyone.

    Design and style was fine, because I designed it and picked materials, but installation was a joke from these twurps.

    There are plenty of kitchen places around, problem is they charge them as a luxury item, so the minute you mention 'western' style or standard the ticket meter starts tickin over tenfold.

    Thonglor has some kitchen places, but expensive, 3/500k mark.

    So if you just want simple, do it yourself with a local cabinet maker, just try to view some of his work first.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    There's a place on Ekkamai that makes MEK Kitchens under licence here called Acmen. They've got some lovely stuff there.

  19. #19
    Member wichenburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    04-10-2011 @ 09:40 PM
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    75
    Thank you all for your time and trouble. Great advice.

  20. #20
    Member wichenburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    04-10-2011 @ 09:40 PM
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawty View Post
    How much was the Index quote.

    We got ours from SB and would never recommend them to anyone.

    Design and style was fine, because I designed it and picked materials, but installation was a joke from these twurps.

    There are plenty of kitchen places around, problem is they charge them as a luxury item, so the minute you mention 'western' style or standard the ticket meter starts tickin over tenfold.

    Thonglor has some kitchen places, but expensive, 3/500k mark.

    So if you just want simple, do it yourself with a local cabinet maker, just try to view some of his work first.

    How much was the Index quote. 1.25. I tell you they put every effort into selling me the most expensive kitchen they could put togather. My wife nearly died when the english in me started to come out in Index. I trully Fuked the saleman and the manager. The fridge I wanted was 54000. The Smeg quoted was over 100000, but the extractor was the best I said I need not want one But again they qouted me for the top of the range at 85000. You get the idea.


    you get that box from Index you live in.

  21. #21
    Boxed Member
    Nawty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    Location
    in a state of mind
    Posts
    9,711
    lol, no never been to index to buy anything, dont really like their style of anything I have seen.

    My kitchen was ...below... 215k excluding appliances. The fridge was 79k, stove 115k, hood 15k, sink 5k.

    The granite tops, SB wanted 110k to do them, these you see were around 40k.

    All the draws and cupboards have the air cushioned closing mechanisms and stainless stell dividers, racks inside draws etc.

    I had a cabinet maker quote me 150k for the same, but I think he was planning to simply paint the inside which looks very shitty, not use formica or high pressured laminate.


  22. #22
    Boxed Member
    Nawty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    Location
    in a state of mind
    Posts
    9,711
    Excuse me, just read your post again, is the 1.25....125,000 or 1,250,000 ??

    Was little confused as thought 125k and that not so bad, depending on size, but then you said the fridge and hood etc, not sure if you meant the price included or excluded that.

    If 1.25 million, then holy fcuk my black dog.

    You can go to top of the line kitchen joints in ekkamaia and thonglor and the nicest one I saw in there, they quoted me 500k, excluding appliances.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat Bobcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,842
    C'mon Nawty, you got better pics than that of your kitchen.

  24. #24
    Boxed Member
    Nawty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    Location
    in a state of mind
    Posts
    9,711
    You're right, thanks for asking to see my much better photos that I have...




  25. #25
    Member wichenburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    04-10-2011 @ 09:40 PM
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawty View Post
    lol, no never been to index to buy anything, dont really like their style of anything I have seen.

    My kitchen was ...below... 215k excluding appliances. The fridge was 79k, stove 115k, hood 15k, sink 5k.

    The granite tops, SB wanted 110k to do them, these you see were around 40k.

    All the draws and cupboards have the air cushioned closing mechanisms and stainless stell dividers, racks inside draws etc.

    I had a cabinet maker quote me 150k for the same, but I think he was planning to simply paint the inside which looks very shitty, not use formica or high pressured laminate.

    You kitchen would do for me. Yes the fridge is exactly what I am looking for. Loverly clean lines looks the dogs Boll....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •