Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,075
    ^
    Sounds good. PM me anytime.

  2. #27
    Member WeallyWong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    31-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Today i had a meeting with a building team who built more of the higher end houses around here. I give him a print of this plan to give me a price, and he told 13k/m2 with 7cm quality concrete block and 15k/m2 with 2 x cinderblock wall. Building is around 130m2 he said ( when i check i get 116m2) so total around 1.69/1.950. Expensive or not? i will check more builders offcource, im not in hurry..

    Pink


    About twice as much per sqm than I paid. I presume having a roof more suitable for temperate climates adds a fair bit to the cost?

  3. #28
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    28-11-2017 @ 10:03 PM
    Posts
    63
    I belive what drive the price up is when getting price for all. Currently im working with alternative to be responsible for building and buying myself, and getting help from some local workers hired per day. I started collecting some info and prices on what i need... Roofing is the part im not shure on, if going for the heavy betong tiles or roof or going for a lighter solution.. My wife told the lighter roofs not strong, but i want to check more on it. I would guess i can use less and cheaper steel on a light plated roof.

    Pink

  4. #29
    CCBW
    JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    4,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink
    My wife told the lighter roofs not strong, but i want to check more on it. I would guess i can use less and cheaper steel on a light plated roof.
    A few comments on the roofing materials, going lower cost is doable but things to consider, When it rains here, it REALLY rains and those thin plated roofs are incredibly loud coupled with they do not help with heat deflection. IMHO, its OK to go lower price on some things on a house build but a top quality roof will pay for itself years over.

  5. #30
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    29-10-2017 @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink
    My wife told the lighter roofs not strong, but i want to check more on it. I would guess i can use less and cheaper steel on a light plated roof.
    A few comments on the roofing materials, going lower cost is doable but things to consider, When it rains here, it REALLY rains and those thin plated roofs are incredibly loud coupled with they do not help with heat deflection. IMHO, its OK to go lower price on some things on a house build but a top quality roof will pay for itself years over.

    ....yeah mate you are 100% right...staying in the upper floor by my parents in law with such a roof is no worries this time of a year....
    it gets cooler quick,no rain......but still a bit warm at daytime....no worries

    ....but wait until it gets to the warm season....
    it gets hot as f*&@ and when it rains,you get a hearing loss.....so loud,i think it is over a 100dB....very very noisy.......you cant sleep.....

    so my 5 cents is,go cheap and you will regret it later....if you have a sleep of a bear in his winter-sleep....than no worries....

  6. #31
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    28-11-2017 @ 10:03 PM
    Posts
    63
    ok i will think more about this. i was at Global House today and i see cement roof tiles from 13 to 30 bath...i did not see why the 30 bath tiles should cost more than the 13 bath, and look almost same. Any idea whats the difference?

    Pink

  7. #32
    CCBW
    JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    4,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    ok i will think more about this. i was at Global House today and i see cement roof tiles from 13 to 30 bath...i did not see why the 30 bath tiles should cost more than the 13 bath, and look almost same. Any idea whats the difference?

    Pink
    Do you happen to remember the brand. Some cost variance can be materials or warranty. A 10 year tile will be significantly less then a premiere 25 or 30 year roof.

  8. #33
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    28-11-2017 @ 10:03 PM
    Posts
    63
    MAGMA Is the brand



    Pink

    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    ok i will think more about this. i was at Global House today and i see cement roof tiles from 13 to 30 bath...i did not see why the 30 bath tiles should cost more than the 13 bath, and look almost same. Any idea whats the difference?

    Pink
    Do you happen to remember the brand. Some cost variance can be materials or warranty. A 10 year tile will be significantly less then a premiere 25 or 30 year roof.

  9. #34
    Member John Lennon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    On the outside looking in
    Posts
    547
    Why not ask the reps?
    We used CPAC but which model?
    It was reputation in the market place which had the greatest influence.
    Choose a sensible color. Ours is a pastel shade - not bright blue which would be liable to fade.
    As a general rule, in a competitive market, you get what you pay for. The manufacturers research the market & choose which sector they will compete in.

  10. #35
    CCBW
    JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    4,127
    I did a ton of research and I used Prestige by CPAC Monier. 30 year warranty. I should be just about dead or dead when the warranty expires.

    We also used a galvanized roofing truss pre fabbed from Australia. Light weight but stronger then the welded on site steel, primered Thai option. Cost difference from Thai fab'd steel and steel roof was about 220K to 250K baht. Money well spent

  11. #36
    Member John Lennon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    On the outside looking in
    Posts
    547
    Good investment!
    What is the value of a good night's sleep?
    The old adage: 'You get nothing for nothing.'

  12. #37
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    26-09-2017 @ 08:35 PM
    Posts
    23
    galvanized roofing truss
    something I'll have to check into when we do our build in Roiet
    thanks for all the good ideas guys

  13. #38
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    28-11-2017 @ 10:03 PM
    Posts
    63
    Today my wife got a good deal on 2 x wood house skeletons, 3 x 3 poles each, so now planes must be redone, probably to a 2 storey where first storrey will be blocks and the second storrey is wood.

    Pink

  14. #39
    Member Dead Metal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Location
    just-behind-you
    Posts
    331
    I'm sure someone on here had a tin roof, but it came with insulation. Like a sandwich, with a (celotex ) in the middle. Good insulation against temperature and noise. Kill two birds with one stone as they say.

  15. #40
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    26-09-2017 @ 08:35 PM
    Posts
    23
    I did a little research on metal roofing, company called KSS in BKK has insulated steel roofing not sure how it compare in price. kssthailand.com

  16. #41
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    28-11-2017 @ 10:03 PM
    Posts
    63
    M building going on for 1 month now.. I ended up with a 2 storey plan after some ideas i see.. The planes was changed and adjusted when there two months ago was 2 trucks in street outside with 2 thai woodhouses for sale. So in short the plan now is first floor double blocks and cement, secend floor is wood, with wood post, wood floor etc. second floor outside part is cementfloor and cement post. Roofing will be all steel construction, and i expect use bluescoope roofing.





  17. #42
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    08-09-2017 @ 01:56 PM
    Posts
    49
    I used the Thai metal roofing on my build with the sandwitched foil insulation I was under the roof during a recent downpour and it really wasn't that noisy and will be dampened more when the gypsum goes in with another 6 inches of insulation on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •