Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 363
  1. #201
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    Have grovelled at the feet of the webmaster and offered incantations in the hope that a solution to the non-functioning image links can be found (or that I can have some editing privileges in order that I can replace the links without having to start another thread!)

  2. #202
    CCBW
    JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,951
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyenglish
    involves an argument with the missus about money, followed by my solo watering of trees and wondering wtf?
    Ahh yes the trials and tribulations of a house build. I was there a few times in our build process. Its stressful at times and when it gets stressful Thai women seem to get wrapped around the axle and start the money worrying thing and then of course our minds run away with us and we make it worse.

    I hope it doesn't all fall apart. Place looked(I say looked as the pics are gone)great and a nice location.

    Good Luck.

  3. #203
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by diverken View Post
    No they have gone.Really injoying your thread Mate all the best for the future I hope things work out ok.
    Thanks Diverken, I am forging ahead and things are starting to come together.

    Seems that I have been able to secure the finances to complete the build, and might even be able to put furniture in as well.

    Latest update is that the electrician had failed to put in a light switch in the guest bedroom (which had been rendered yesterday!), and also we are missing 2 lighting points (one in each bathroom above the places set aside for the mirrors).

    Apart from that, there seems to be a change in mood from 'er indoors, now that some finances are on their way.. I won't comment on this just yet.

  4. #204
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    10,946
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyenglish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    ^Think there's a large lake at the base of that bald top mountain.
    You are right Begbie, there is a lake at the base of Doi Mon Jeen, it's called Mae Pha Haen. There are also two other large lakes nearby, one next to me is Huay Lan, the other is Huai Mae On over near The Highland Golf course and resort.
    Just my personal opinion, that area is the most unspoiled and scenic in the Chiang Mai area. Hope things work out.

  5. #205
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyenglish
    involves an argument with the missus about money, followed by my solo watering of trees and wondering wtf?
    Ahh yes the trials and tribulations of a house build. I was there a few times in our build process. Its stressful at times and when it gets stressful Thai women seem to get wrapped around the axle and start the money worrying thing and then of course our minds run away with us and we make it worse.

    I hope it doesn't all fall apart. Place looked(I say looked as the pics are gone)great and a nice location.

    Good Luck.
    Thanks JPPR2,

    Trial and tribulations indeed!
    All seems to be back to 'normal' now, thank goodness... I think my mention of finishing the build and then selling so that money can be put in the bank seems to have changed things somewhat.

    Work continues with the build, but I'll hold off uploading photos until I can figure out why the 'eff the links to the ones I had posted already just went for a burton.

  6. #206
    CCBW
    JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,951
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyenglish View Post

    Thanks JPPR2,

    Trial and tribulations indeed!
    All seems to be back to 'normal' now, thank goodness... I think my mention of finishing the build and then selling so that money can be put in the bank seems to have changed things somewhat.

    Work continues with the build, but I'll hold off uploading photos until I can figure out why the 'eff the links to the ones I had posted already just went for a burton.
    Outstanding news. You know one thing about Thai women versus western women is they are always up front on money issues and have no issues calling men on it. Its a weird dynamic that has taken me a few years to understand. I talk about retirement and my wife gives me that look of "what will we do?".....I said "Hey its coming and you have nothing to complain or worry about" she just walks away plotting and planning...

  7. #207
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:44 PM
    Location
    DARWIN(OZ)KHON KAEN
    Posts
    353
    good for you jonny,a bit of tough love seems to bring the girls back to earth.hang in there mate and all the best.enjoying the thread.

  8. #208
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    11,791
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyenglish View Post
    hmm.. how very odd, I haven't changed any of my dropbox settings..

    I'd replace all the links, but I can't edit the posts more than once,as the edit button option disappears after 1 edit, so any posts I have already edited would still not show the images!
    Posts here are time limited for editing, different times for different parts of the forum. It's probably 12 hours for this part of the forum.

    Send a PM to Moderator asking permission to edit or ask them to do it for you. I believe it has been done before for another poster.

  9. #209
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyenglish View Post
    hmm.. how very odd, I haven't changed any of my dropbox settings..

    I'd replace all the links, but I can't edit the posts more than once,as the edit button option disappears after 1 edit, so any posts I have already edited would still not show the images!
    Posts here are time limited for editing, different times for different parts of the forum. It's probably 12 hours for this part of the forum.

    Send a PM to Moderator asking permission to edit or ask them to do it for you. I believe it has been done before for another poster.
    Many thanks for the info.. I have contacted the webmaster (awaiting response), but will gladly PM a moderator, if I knew who they are.. any suggestions who I should contact?

  10. #210
    Member
    Barty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Location
    Lamlukka
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyenglish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyenglish View Post
    hmm.. how very odd, I haven't changed any of my dropbox settings..

    I'd replace all the links, but I can't edit the posts more than once,as the edit button option disappears after 1 edit, so any posts I have already edited would still not show the images!
    Posts here are time limited for editing, different times for different parts of the forum. It's probably 12 hours for this part of the forum.

    Send a PM to Moderator asking permission to edit or ask them to do it for you. I believe it has been done before for another poster.
    Many thanks for the info.. I have contacted the webmaster (awaiting response), but will gladly PM a moderator, if I knew who they are.. any suggestions who I should contact?
    TeakDoor.com - The Thailand Forum - View Profile: Moderator

  11. #211
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    Cheers Barty

  12. #212
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    28-07-2017 @ 12:26 PM
    Posts
    92
    Is the project moving along nicely this week? Would be good to see those pictures get posted again. All the Best.

  13. #213
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettronics View Post
    Is the project moving along nicely this week? Would be good to see those pictures get posted again. All the Best.
    Interior and exterior rendering is going on right now, plus a few other amendments. I'll post them along with pics.

    If the moderator can respond to the PM I sent, or the Webmaster can respond to the email I sent, then perhaps we can continue with posts including the new-fangled idea of there being pictures too!

  14. #214
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    9,436
    Perhaps you'd have more luck by getting in touch with smooci and sending a messenger round?

  15. #215
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Perhaps you'd have more luck by getting in touch with smooci and sending a messenger round?
    Good idea Cyrille,

    wait!..errm, but what's this 'smooci' thing of which you speak?

  16. #216
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    Maybe I could describe the build without pictures?

    I could describe the texture and colour of a reasonably smooth internal wall rendered in grey, pointing out the decent edging and window frame returns in a technical manner, or how the low sunlight slips through the long thin windows and proceeds to angle orange blades of light across the wall, offering perhaps a modern reflection of some imaginary ancient solar temple...

  17. #217
    Thailand Expat
    Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 03:44 AM
    Posts
    2,022

    Dropbox ?

    When I tried to view your photos I got a message from Dropbox .

    Does that mean you have been loading them from Dropbox ?

    I've always used Photobucket without a problem so maybe if you send to Photobucket and load them from there instead of Dropbox we might see the glory of the build ??



    Wasp

  18. #218
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    When I tried to view your photos I got a message from Dropbox .

    Does that mean you have been loading them from Dropbox ?

    I've always used Photobucket without a problem so maybe if you send to Photobucket and load them from there instead of Dropbox we might see the glory of the build ??



    Wasp
    I have been using Dropbox and then adding the file link in my posts, I could use a different file sharing server like Onedrive, but I don't have editing privileges. So until I do, I only have 3 options really: i) add posts with only waffle and no piccies (which could offer up some community witticisms, but would be far from ideal) , ii) use photobucket/ another service to add images from today, but all the others will be blank (kind of works in a half-arsed way I guess), or iii) start a new thread all over again (which would be tedious)

  19. #219
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Location
    Wangaratta, Victoria,Australia
    Posts
    968
    Hi JE, or 4/ you could just load pics directly which is how I did my house building thread and I think all pics still there (martys house in the sticks) There are a few tutorials in the newbies section, try this link http://teakdoor.com/how-to-use-stuff...d-gallery.html (Tutorial for hosting photos , images on TD gallery)

  20. #220
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by FatOne View Post
    Hi JE, or 4/ you could just load pics directly which is how I did my house building thread and I think all pics still there (martys house in the sticks) There are a few tutorials in the newbies section, try this link http://teakdoor.com/how-to-use-stuff...d-gallery.html (Tutorial for hosting photos , images on TD gallery)
    Cor Blimey FatOne, cheers for the pointer.. will give it a blast tomorrow.

  21. #221
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Location
    Wangaratta, Victoria,Australia
    Posts
    968
    Yeah, no worries JE, it drove me nuts early in my build but I got used to it.

  22. #222
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    ok, so, have managed to upload photos to this TD server, here's a test:



    Seems to work fine (this is the first photo of the build, back when there was nothing but weeds, snakes and the odd cow on the land and my bank account had some money in it).

    The only issue is that I still can't go back and edit my posts to put in the new image url's.. so unless I can access, I'm still going to have to close this thread and start another from scratch..

  23. #223
    Member John Lennon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    On the outside looking in
    Posts
    547
    Looks OK by me. No need for perfection. Some of these members are relentless!

  24. #224
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    28-07-2017 @ 12:26 PM
    Posts
    92
    Hi, So how much farther have you gotten on the build?

  25. #225
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    15-10-2017 @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    218
    OK.. I don't think I'm going to get any help from TD's moderator, nor their web manager, so I guess I'll have to start a new thread. That's not fluffy. I might get to do this before the actual house is finished!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •