Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    05-10-2014 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    302

    Yellow stain on ceiling from upstairs aircon leak?

    We rent our house and the master bedroom aircon seem to be leaking. In fact, it seems to have damaged the ceiling on the front room down-stairs that is under it.

    I think the ceiling is that kind of chalkboard stuff. Anyway, it now seems to have a yellow stain about 30cm long, and then a few other little stains around it. We just noticed it today along with some water on the floor.


    The owner's owns a big construction company along with about 8 houses and spent just under 1m renovating this house before renting it to us.


    Does the damage sound correct? (a yellow stain on a chalk board ceiling underneath a water leak?)

    Once the water leak is fixed is the ceiling usually okay with just a coat of paint?

  2. #2
    Member
    jaiyenyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Posts
    563
    Yes, it sounds like staining from a water leak.
    Once the leak has been repaired, Paint over it with a matt or eggshell, oil based paint, before a final couple of coats of emulsion.
    This should prevent the stain 'bleeding' through the finished paintwork.

  3. #3
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:51 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    8,203
    I had the pleasure of spending 6K on the inside parts of the A/C due to a leak today.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    Might just be a bloked drainage pipe.
    Mine leaked.... found a dead geko in the pipe.

  5. #5
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    05-10-2014 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    I had the pleasure of spending 6K on the inside parts of the A/C due to a leak today.
    The owner sent a lad over.

    Serviced it and put a new fan in the outside unit.

    The bill sent to the company was 500b fee and 600b for the fan part.


    6k for the service of a unit that costs how much, 15k?

  6. #6
    Member Hoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    06-02-2015 @ 05:48 AM
    Posts
    69
    6k for a fix....ouch! I bought 2 new ones (12000btu) at home pro 4 month ago for 26k

  7. #7
    Member
    Koetjeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    12-11-2015 @ 02:07 AM
    Location
    Chomphra (Surin province)
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell View Post
    We rent our house and the master bedroom aircon seem to be leaking. In fact, it seems to have damaged the ceiling on the front room down-stairs that is under it.

    I think the ceiling is that kind of chalkboard stuff. Anyway, it now seems to have a yellow stain about 30cm long, and then a few other little stains around it. We just noticed it today along with some water on the floor.


    The owner's owns a big construction company along with about 8 houses and spent just under 1m renovating this house before renting it to us.


    Does the damage sound correct? (a yellow stain on a chalk board ceiling underneath a water leak?)

    Once the water leak is fixed is the ceiling usually okay with just a coat of paint?
    If you show me a photo I might be able to tell the cause. It's my job to inspect building problems like leaks

  8. #8
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    05-10-2014 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    302

  9. #9
    Member
    Koetjeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    12-11-2015 @ 02:07 AM
    Location
    Chomphra (Surin province)
    Posts
    462
    Hmm, what is above this ceiling? To me it doesn''t look like a leak a/c but I don't know what's above the ceiling.
    Is there another room or is it the roof?
    If it's the roof, do you have a flat roof?

  10. #10
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    looks like a polish name, remember wembley?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka View Post
    Hmm, what is above this ceiling? To me it doesn''t look like a leak a/c but I don't know what's above the ceiling.
    Is there another room or is it the roof?
    If it's the roof, do you have a flat roof?

  11. #11
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    chop that tree dowm

  12. #12
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    05-10-2014 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka View Post
    Hmm, what is above this ceiling? To me it doesn''t look like a leak a/c but I don't know what's above the ceiling.
    Is there another room or is it the roof?
    If it's the roof, do you have a flat roof?
    Bedroom.

    With the aircon above the stain that was leaking water.

  13. #13
    TD Fat Club VP Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    27,982
    That's snake piss

  14. #14
    Member
    Koetjeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    12-11-2015 @ 02:07 AM
    Location
    Chomphra (Surin province)
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Koetjeka View Post
    Hmm, what is above this ceiling? To me it doesn''t look like a leak a/c but I don't know what's above the ceiling.
    Is there another room or is it the roof?
    If it's the roof, do you have a flat roof?
    Bedroom.

    With the aircon above the stain that was leaking water.
    Are the a/c pipes cast in the concrete floor or are they above the floor?

  15. #15
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    05-10-2014 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    302
    Above I think. It's all been fixed already, thanks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •