Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    02-09-2012 @ 06:37 AM
    Posts
    2

    Land Sketch on Chanote

    Does anyone know how to look at the sketch/diagram of a piece of land that is on the chanote and determine the actual linear dimensions of the plot?

    There are five or six digit numbers on each point of the survey but I cannot decipher them.

    thanks

  2. #2
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    28,262
    Pretty accurate in scale with 1mm equals 1 metre or part thereof when measuring the Chanoit drawing land plan.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    02-09-2012 @ 06:37 AM
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    Pretty accurate in scale with 1mm equals 1 metre or part thereof when measuring the Chanoit drawing land plan.
    thanks. got it

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    19-06-2019 @ 10:54 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,695
    Quote Originally Posted by bjohn34 View Post
    Does anyone know how to look at the sketch/diagram of a piece of land that is on the chanote and determine the actual linear dimensions of the plot?

    There are five or six digit numbers on each point of the survey but I cannot decipher them.

    thanks
    Usually, or maybe just in my case the distance in meters from point to point is on the charnot. all the other number are GPS positions. Jim

  5. #5
    Member BKKBILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    21-03-2018 @ 10:48 AM
    Location
    Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bjohn34 View Post
    Does anyone know how to look at the sketch/diagram of a piece of land that is on the chanote and determine the actual linear dimensions of the plot?

    There are five or six digit numbers on each point of the survey but I cannot decipher them.

    thanks
    Usually, or maybe just in my case the distance in meters from point to point is on the charnot. all the other number are GPS positions. Jim
    Or they could be the pin numbers.

  6. #6
    Member BKKBILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    21-03-2018 @ 10:48 AM
    Location
    Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bjohn34 View Post
    Does anyone know how to look at the sketch/diagram of a piece of land that is on the chanote and determine the actual linear dimensions of the plot?

    There are five or six digit numbers on each point of the survey but I cannot decipher them.

    thanks
    Usually, or maybe just in my case the distance in meters from point to point is on the charnot. all the other number are GPS positions. Jim
    Or they could be the pin identification numbers.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    they seem to be mainly distance numbers

    on mine, they are not GPS as that did not exist when the drawing was done

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    Quote Originally Posted by saira121
    Is the property percolate
    what is that?

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    01-07-2012 @ 09:05 PM
    Posts
    8

    shanoot numbers

    not sure about this, but i always assumed they are map grid ref numbers. same we have on ordnance maps. the meterage/garangwia are seperate numbers, normaly along the lines conecting the shanoots= concrete blocks with the ref numbers on, not to be tampered with on the pain of death.

  10. #10
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    26-01-2014 @ 06:58 AM
    Posts
    262
    Those numbers, I think, are official numbers from the lands department. When building the wall on the property we found a concrete? cylinder with numbers stamped on it, I took some pictures of it as the BIL said we could prove later that it is the corner stone of the property. They didn't look anything like GPS numbers. We buried the corner stone under a load of concrete at the corner of the property and built the wall on top. Whenever I can finally post pictures, I will show one......
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •