Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Which Windows?

  1. #1
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,795

    Which Windows?

    My main computers gone a bollix. So it looks like I gotta stick it in for repair. I currently use and like Windows 7. I doubt they will still install 7 these days. So what's the alternative for a computer numpty.

  2. #2
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Location
    Thermae
    Posts
    18,452
    go for win 10 pro - run shutup10 and classic shell

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    31-07-2017 @ 12:23 PM
    Posts
    125
    You can go on Ebay and get Windows 7 for peanuts, with the COA.

  4. #4
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    11,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    My main computers gone a bollix. So it looks like I gotta stick it in for repair. I currently use and like Windows 7. I doubt they will still install 7 these days. So what's the alternative for a computer numpty.
    You should be able to get a temporary Windows 7 installation and if you still have the genuine Windows 7 original packaging, it's easy to register it for permanent use.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,795
    ^
    This is Thailand. I've never seen a genuine Windows.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    My main computers gone a bollix. So it looks like I gotta stick it in for repair. I currently use and like Windows 7. I doubt they will still install 7 these days. So what's the alternative for a computer numpty.
    You should be able to get a temporary Windows 7 installation and if you still have the genuine Windows 7 original packaging, it's easy to register it for permanent use.

    Also, can resolve most technical issues/problems by going to the official Microsoft site.

    Even after repair, one can easily reinstall win7 permanently.

  7. #7
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Teakdoor forum upgrade office
    Posts
    11,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    ^
    This is Thailand. I've never seen a genuine Windows.
    I've got a genuine Windows, which I bought in a real shop in Korat.

    And it pays to keep the packaging (for the code).

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat klong toey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Posts
    5,548
    The round window

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    In the long of it, might be much more beneficial to just purchase a new computer......go from there.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 PM
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    go for win 10 pro - run shutup10 and classic shell
    Mate, can you expand on that please?


    I've no other real option then to run Win10 ... and I don't like it.

    Like most others, liked Win 7.


    I understand the concept of running it as a 'Classic Shell' ... but what is 'shutup10'?

    Links on how and why, if you have the time?

    Thanks
    Perspective is everything ... it's the difference between going through an ordeal or going through an adventure..

  11. #11
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Posts
    44,527
    You don't like it because you haven't learned enough about it to realise it's streets ahead of Windows 7.

    You probably had the same angst about moving from Windows XP.

    While you're at it...

    Microsoft will soon consign Windows Vista to the dustbin of history. In April 2017, the life of one the worst versions of Windows ever released will come to an end. At which point you’ll have to downgrade to Windows XP, or upgrade to Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10. Pick your poison!

    Windows Vista will die on April 11, 2017, at which point Microsoft will pull all support for the much-maligned operating system. So, if you’re running Vista, the time has come to upgrade to a newer version of Windows. Something you should have done a long time ago, to be perfectly honest.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat Thai3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,295
    Linux is the best windows

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,042
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    You don't like [Win10] it because you haven't learned enough about it to realise it's streets ahead of Windows 7.
    No. He doesn't care for it because it sucks.
    As millions of others will testify.

    It's the unenlightened type, as you are, that continue to promote the illusion as the great technological second coming.

  14. #14
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Location
    Thermae
    Posts
    18,452
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD
    Mate, can you expand on that please?
    in the other win 10 thread

    I have moved from win 7 to win 10 pro on windows machines

    these 2 programs turn off 95+ % of the telemetry and advertising and revert the shell from the tile retardedness to something useful

    https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

    and

    Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,430
    Win 7.

    300thb at a shop near you.

  16. #16
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Posts
    44,527
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    You don't like [Win10] it because you haven't learned enough about it to realise it's streets ahead of Windows 7.
    No. He doesn't care for it because it sucks.
    As millions of others will testify.

    It's the unenlightened type, as you are, that continue to promote the illusion as the great technological second coming.
    You're just a fucking Luddite Jeff.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by oxxo
    You can go on Ebay and get Windows 7 for peanuts, with the COA.
    Ebay looks the way to go. But in saying that I'll just get it as a back up for now. I've done something with my computer and I've started getting 'Window 7 Updates'. Never happened before, no matter how I tried. Currently 280-ish updates installing at this moment.

  18. #18
    Member
    brisie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    30-03-2017 @ 03:11 AM
    Location
    mekong ice glaciers
    Posts
    864
    If it's a laptop you should be able to download win 7 off the pirate bay or what ever you like and type in the serial key for your model lappy in it will verify that it is a Toshiba or what ever and install verify online and never get bothered again. However if you have a desktop tower that's a hack job.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by brisie
    If it's a laptop you should be able to download win 7 off the pirate bay or what ever you like and type in the serial key for your model lappy
    Is an All in One a laptop or a PC?

  20. #20
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Posts
    44,527
    Quote Originally Posted by brisie View Post
    If it's a laptop you should be able to download win 7 off the pirate bay or what ever you like and type in the serial key for your model lappy in it will verify that it is a Toshiba or what ever and install verify online and never get bothered again. However if you have a desktop tower that's a hack job.
    What a load of bollocks. Where did you get this nonsense?

    Has Buttplug been giving you PC lessons?

    MS uses a hardware signature to license Windows; the most common change that stops it working is the motherboard.

    And you can't move an OEM license.

    Most of these dodgy licenses on the interwebs are nicked EA licenses, and all they check for is the license count used.

  21. #21
    Member
    brisie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    30-03-2017 @ 03:11 AM
    Location
    mekong ice glaciers
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brisie View Post
    If it's a laptop you should be able to download win 7 off the pirate bay or what ever you like and type in the serial key for your model lappy in it will verify that it is a Toshiba or what ever and install verify online and never get bothered again. However if you have a desktop tower that's a hack job.
    What a load of bollocks. Where did you get this nonsense?

    Has Buttplug been giving you PC lessons?

    MS uses a hardware signature to license Windows; the most common change that stops it working is the motherboard.

    And you can't move an OEM license.

    Most of these dodgy licenses on the interwebs are nicked EA licenses, and all they check for is the license count used.
    I've only ever had laptops for the last 15 years and used pirate bay copies the OS checks the motherboard signatures are correct and it installs Either use your cd key on the lappy or the right one in the list according to your manufacturer and OS you select .

    Your not moving a licence your creating a new one or if he's registered on that OS reinstalls the same OS with now hardware changes he's obtaining his old one.

  22. #22
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Posts
    44,527
    Quote Originally Posted by brisie View Post
    I've only ever had laptops for the last 15 years and used pirate bay copies the OS checks the motherboard signatures are correct and it installs Either use your cd key on the lappy or the right one in the list according to your manufacturer and OS you select .

    Your not moving a licence your creating a new one or if he's registered on that OS reinstalls the same OS with now hardware changes he's obtaining his old one.

    You still don't understand how licensing works.

    If it has an OEM copy and a key on a sticker on the PC, that will always work on that PC OR Laptop. It will get its knickers in a twist if there is a significant hardware change.

    If you use a stolen EA key, which you probably are if you are getting them off TPB, that will install on anything; it doesn't use hardware signature, only used license count, which it gets from the owners EA account.

    No fucker ever checks these, although the owner should do so regularly because of cheapskates like you.

  23. #23
    Member
    brisie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    30-03-2017 @ 03:11 AM
    Location
    mekong ice glaciers
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brisie
    If it's a laptop you should be able to download win 7 off the pirate bay or what ever you like and type in the serial key for your model lappy
    Is an All in One a laptop or a PC?
    This a lappy/ laptop /note book


    All in one is it like this?

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    8,795
    Yes it is.

  25. #25
    Member
    brisie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    30-03-2017 @ 03:11 AM
    Location
    mekong ice glaciers
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brisie View Post
    I've only ever had laptops for the last 15 years and used pirate bay copies the OS checks the motherboard signatures are correct and it installs Either use your cd key on the lappy or the right one in the list according to your manufacturer and OS you select .

    Your not moving a licence your creating a new one or if he's registered on that OS reinstalls the same OS with now hardware changes he's obtaining his old one.

    You still don't understand how licensing works.

    If it has an OEM copy and a key on a sticker on the PC, that will always work on that PC OR Laptop. It will get its knickers in a twist if there is a significant hardware change.

    If you use a stolen EA key, which you probably are if you are getting them off TPB, that will install on anything; it doesn't use hardware signature, only used license count, which it gets from the owners EA account.

    No fucker ever checks these, although the owner should do so regularly because of cheapskates like you.
    He's not doing a hardware change FFS.
    All laptops come with a licence of windows.
    It doesn't matter what cd you use to reinstall it checks at Microsoft not Electronic Artist AKA E,FUCKING.A acount.
    I've changed mine to SSD and Samsung actually give you a cd to clone the drive then install replace hard drive in my lap fucking top.

    Trust me I have done this more times than Slutty pants has fucks on all his tours to Thailand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •