Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Vehicle rental

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-05-2017 @ 08:29 PM
    Posts
    33

    Vehicle rental

    Hi, I'm looking at renting a car or pickup from BKK area for about 7 weeks from March 2017. Any advice or recommendations.....?

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Posts
    3,959
    google "Fastcar" they're good or there's a bloke on here who rents vehicles out. I can't remember his name but it begins with "M". Have a look. He has a good rep.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Posts
    3,959

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Nicethaiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,599

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-05-2017 @ 08:29 PM
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Thanks for the link crackerjack, unfortunately I dont seem to be able to reply or pm on that thread - maybe not enough posts yet?

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-05-2017 @ 08:29 PM
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicethaiza View Post
    Thanks Nicethaiza, I'll check that out.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-05-2017 @ 08:29 PM
    Posts
    33
    Just upping my post count....!

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Nicethaiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,599
    You still have more time to find it lol...I will ask some friends when they wake up and tell you again later

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-05-2017 @ 08:29 PM
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicethaiza View Post
    You still have more time to find it lol...I will ask some friends when they wake up and tell you again later
    Thanks. I forgot about the time difference, i'm still on GMT

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    Nicethaiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,599
    Where you from? and you come thai for holidays or work?

  11. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-05-2017 @ 08:29 PM
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicethaiza View Post
    Where you from? and you come thai for holidays or work?
    UK. Thailand for holiday....

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,043
    Dear Thaiza maybe Thai websites or Thai face book would work unless they have English option.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Posts
    35,093
    ^ Heh...Evening, Rat...

  14. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-05-2017 @ 08:29 PM
    Posts
    33

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Cheers mate. We rented the Ford Ranger from mpm which was great for our extensive travels around LOS over the past 7 weeks. He delivered to and collected from Suvarnabhumi to suit our flight times so great service all round. Highly recommended.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by soidutep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Cheers mate. We rented the Ford Ranger from mpm which was great for our extensive travels around LOS over the past 7 weeks. He delivered to and collected from Suvarnabhumi to suit our flight times so great service all round. Highly recommended.

    Excellent, glad it went well.

    Do you know anyone who can rent me a decent vehicle for 2 months in the UK.
    My wife and I will be travelling around from 6th July to the 6th Sept.
    Reliability and cost are the primary consideration.

  16. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-05-2017 @ 08:29 PM
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soidutep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Cheers mate. We rented the Ford Ranger from mpm which was great for our extensive travels around LOS over the past 7 weeks. He delivered to and collected from Suvarnabhumi to suit our flight times so great service all round. Highly recommended.

    Excellent, glad it went well.

    Do you know anyone who can rent me a decent vehicle for 2 months in the UK.
    My wife and I will be travelling around from 6th July to the 6th Sept.
    Reliability and cost are the primary consideration.
    Used cars are cheap as chips here, have you considered buying one then selling it when you leave? Short term insurance and pro rata road tax refund. Or search carrentals.co.uk will give you a good idea of costs.
    Last edited by soidutep; 05-05-2017 at 06:38 PM.

  17. #17
    Custom Title Changer
    CSFFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,905
    Quote Originally Posted by soidutep
    Used cars are cheap as chips here, have you considered buying one then selling it when you leave? Short term insurance and pro rata road tax refund.
    Deja vu....

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Posts
    3,959
    Yup, we thought about it was a bit worried about reliability and then not being able to sell it on before we left.

    At least with rental and unlimited mileage there's less to worry about. We'll be clocking up a lot of miles.
    I also want something reasonably comfortable as I have a few little health issues.
    We'll see.

  19. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    05-05-2017 @ 08:29 PM
    Posts
    33
    Yeah, rental at around 100 per week and peace of mind.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •