Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: chiang mai

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    07-05-2011 @ 07:06 AM
    Posts
    11

    chiang mai

    thinking of heading here after i arrive in bangkok in july, few questions before i finally decide to head up here for 5nights during my 4week break in thailand

    can anyone recommend any cheap (500bht max) hotel/guesthouse that is in beside the bars ? girl friendly with hot water and a/c

    is the nightlife good for 4 fellas in mid 20's ? have heard it is alot more laid back than phuket/pattaya but still worth a few nights on the rip.

    me and 3 mates thinking of doing the 3 day jungle trek so would like to finish it off with 2nights of drinking in the nightlife .

    thanks for any help

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Scottish Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    13-05-2019 @ 04:27 AM
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by outanabout View Post
    thinking of heading here after i arrive in bangkok in july, few questions before i finally decide to head up here for 5nights during my 4week break in thailand

    can anyone recommend any cheap (500bht max) hotel/guesthouse that is in beside the bars ? girl friendly with hot water and a/c

    is the nightlife good for 4 fellas in mid 20's ? have heard it is alot more laid back than phuket/pattaya but still worth a few nights on the rip.

    me and 3 mates thinking of doing the 3 day jungle trek so would like to finish it off with 2nights of drinking in the nightlife .

    thanks for any help
    There is loads of cheap guesthouses. Cant think off any names of hand but you will find some on the net or in a lonely planet/rough guide. I would do chiang mai last. Its a place to chill out after the madness of Pattaya/Phuket. Its good for trekking, mountain biking etc which can normally be arranged through your guest house. A lot of the nightlife is like live music bars etc but the naughty areas are easy to find if you so wish.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat nedwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    06-07-2016 @ 05:28 PM
    Location
    sunshine coast
    Posts
    7,710
    the VIP is alright, within walking distance of all the bright lights , about 400 for an aircon room, nothing flash but it was clean and served the purpose

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    07-05-2011 @ 07:06 AM
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Gary View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by outanabout View Post
    thinking of heading here after i arrive in bangkok in july, few questions before i finally decide to head up here for 5nights during my 4week break in thailand

    can anyone recommend any cheap (500bht max) hotel/guesthouse that is in beside the bars ? girl friendly with hot water and a/c

    is the nightlife good for 4 fellas in mid 20's ? have heard it is alot more laid back than phuket/pattaya but still worth a few nights on the rip.

    me and 3 mates thinking of doing the 3 day jungle trek so would like to finish it off with 2nights of drinking in the nightlife .

    thanks for any help
    There is loads of cheap guesthouses. Cant think off any names of hand but you will find some on the net or in a lonely planet/rough guide. I would do chiang mai last. Its a place to chill out after the madness of Pattaya/Phuket. Its good for trekking, mountain biking etc which can normally be arranged through your guest house. A lot of the nightlife is like live music bars etc but the naughty areas are easy to find if you so wish.
    im flying out of singapore so was thinking of doing chiang mai after bangkok then pattaya-islands for full moon then onto phuket before heading down towards singapore. would that be best route you think ? aye was thinking you doing the 3day trek.

    cheers for help

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    07-05-2011 @ 07:06 AM
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by nedwalk View Post
    the VIP is alright, within walking distance of all the bright lights , about 400 for an aircon room, nothing flash but it was clean and served the purpose
    cheers..must check it out.

  6. #6
    Member robbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 02:57 PM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    168
    behind the Garden restaurant they have nice clean rooms available for 400baht a night, that is on loi kroh rd ( whore street) then there are stacks of smaller guest houses down soi 1 and soi 2 off loi kroh as well, ranging from 250 to 500 baht per day
    Accomodation is not hard to find and is very reasonably priced, as is all of Chiang Mai
    It is a great city and you will have a good time here

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •