Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    27-02-2011 @ 01:59 PM
    Posts
    3

    Chiang Mai Forums?

    Hi everyone,

    Does anyone know of any English Chiang Mai Forums other than the ChiangMaiForums website, Phuket-Info, here, and Pattaya Addicts? Pickings seem kinda slim.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,776
    ^Maybe google "Chiang Mai Forums", just an idea like.

  3. #3
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Here's a good one
    aboutchiangmai.com

    Have fun reading all 5 posts

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    30-01-2013 @ 09:22 AM
    Posts
    10,902
    chiangmainews.com had a good one about 6 years ago.

    But alas, no longer.

    So no, I don't know of any.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    chiangmainews.com/forumn/

    good enough

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,776
    ^it was hacked last year and they haven't either noticed or gained control over it again.



    chiangmainews.com/forumn/viewtopic.php?id=750

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    27-02-2011 @ 01:59 PM
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    ^Maybe google "Chiang Mai Forums", just an idea like.
    Yeah, that's how I found my way here. Didn't know if there was some place I was missing.

    chiangmaiforums,com seems like the way to go since they're newer and aboutchiangmai hasn't had any activity in a while.

    Thanks everyone

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,776
    Quote Originally Posted by notlogic
    chiangmaiforums,com seems like the way to go since they're newer
    7 posts and 3 members including you and admin.

  9. #9
    Sprayed On Member
    The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Not in the willage
    Posts
    11,684

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    27-02-2011 @ 01:59 PM
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    Try this one. Chiang Mai Forum - TeakDoor,com - The Thailand Forum
    [/URL]
    I think I will. ^_^ Just sucks that places like Phuket and Pattaya, which have a smaller population, get their own (active) forums and Chiang Mai doesn't.

    At least here I can look around for when I take trips to other cities.

  11. #11
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Sometimes it is better to have non residents answering your questions.
    Sure residents will know where to buy certain items but non residents might have better info on hotels, etc.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,776
    ^Thats true, I know much more about hotels in Laos than I do about hotels in Pattaya or Jomtien.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    ^it was hacked last year and they haven't either noticed or gained control over it again.



    chiangmainews.com/forumn/viewtopic.php?id=750

    oh dear, yes you are right

    looks like they have given up to concentrate on the magazine

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    30-01-2013 @ 09:22 AM
    Posts
    10,902
    No more polecat then.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    yes, he was amusing

    also some of the other literary genii

  16. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Online
    02-04-2012 @ 07:56 PM
    Location
    pattaya-idaho in usa
    Posts
    4
    go to thi visa .com and i think u can punch up c/m and see everything.

  17. #17
    Newbie kevinhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    15-07-2011 @ 02:05 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    5
    Thaivisa Chiang Mai is okay for some info, but it has become over-regulated/moderated of late. A recent poster asking about dating farang women in Chiang Mai was advised by a moderator to look at a sponsors web-site (asia friend finder) advertising Asian singles!! Topic closed??? Tosser.

  18. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    25-04-2012 @ 10:20 AM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhunt View Post
    Thaivisa Chiang Mai is okay for some info, but it has become over-regulated/moderated of late. A recent poster asking about dating farang women in Chiang Mai was advised by a moderator to look at a sponsors web-site (asia friend finder) advertising Asian singles!! Topic closed??? Tosser.
    thaivisa is good for info but the Mods are wankers - Kevin you got kicked right?

  19. #19
    Member RamboII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    27-12-2015 @ 11:47 AM
    Posts
    88
    Try asking over there about alternatives to your now defunct satellite television service and see how quick the thread is locked.

  20. #20
    Member Thaidan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Online
    11-04-2014 @ 05:20 PM
    Location
    Chonburi
    Posts
    231
    thailandqa.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?48-Chiang-Mai-and-Northern-Thailand

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    30-01-2013 @ 09:22 AM
    Posts
    10,902
    Oh good, Chucky's on it.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by notlogic View Post
    Hi everyone,

    Does anyone know of any English Chiang Mai Forums other than the ChiangMaiForums website, Phuket-Info, here, and Pattaya Addicts? Pickings seem kinda slim.
    Erm, pattaya and phuket aint exactly in Chiang mai.

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    21-06-2014 @ 04:37 PM
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMaiFun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhunt View Post
    Thaivisa Chiang Mai is okay for some info, but it has become over-regulated/moderated of late. A recent poster asking about dating farang women in Chiang Mai was advised by a moderator to look at a sponsors web-site (asia friend finder) advertising Asian singles!! Topic closed??? Tosser.
    thaivisa is good for info but the Mods are wankers - Kevin you got kicked right?
    he got unfairly kicked but that's TV and miss whiplash for you. sbk was actually canvassing members against him which was certainly off. but kevin offends people too easily presumably because he thinks he knows it all having been in chiangmai so long, member of gymkana club and all that, old boy. he apparently eats newbies for breakfast

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    30-01-2013 @ 09:22 AM
    Posts
    10,902
    Hey, setaputra, you're back again.

    Still having nightly dreams of eating-out SBK?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •