Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    OFFSET
    Posts
    12,462

    C Mai , Uber, Grab or Lyft, Waht's the Go

    Usually drive but won't have a car do any of these apps work reliably please, no out of the way journeys just around the city centre , McCormack Airport etc

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,440
    Uber's gone, sold out to GrabOne which is probably the best bet (though I've not used it meself).

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Posts
    15,635
    your only choice is grab....

  4. #4
    Can I still change this?
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:58 PM
    Posts
    4,305
    Used grab about 10 times over a 3 day period in CM in April.

    No problems and cheap as chips

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    OFFSET
    Posts
    12,462
    Thanks everyone most helpful

  6. #6
    hangin' around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    11,764
    If you're heading to the airport then the difference between the lot of them and what we had before is about 20 baht.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    OFFSET
    Posts
    12,462
    cheers cy , price isn't an issue, just convenience if raining to book in advance.
    Hadn't thought about from Airport as I usually book at the taxi desk

    Are Uber allowed to pick up at the Airport and where, the usual taxi rank?

  8. #8
    hangin' around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    11,764
    Dunno...I paid the extra 20.

    If price isn't an issue then those private jets seem handy and they probably throw in a lift to the airport.

    Around and about town it seems Grab is the way to go, and offers significant savings.

    If price is an issue.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    OFFSET
    Posts
    12,462
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Dunno...I paid the extra 20.

    If price isn't an issue then those private jets seem handy and they probably throw in a lift to the airport.

    Around and about town it seems Grab is the way to go, and offers significant savings.

    If price is an issue.
    I'm not that LEARy

  10. #10
    Can I still change this?
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:58 PM
    Posts
    4,305
    From the airport you can get a taxi for 150 baht downtown.

    If you do fancy a Grab from the airport (there are loads), all you do is open the app and you have a choice of which door number you want picking up from.

    I normally go around the corner and get picked up outside one of the arrival doors (they all have a number above them).
    Black diamonds? I shit 'em.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    OFFSET
    Posts
    12,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    From the airport you can get a taxi for 150 baht downtown.

    If you do fancy a Grab from the airport (there are loads), all you do is open the app and you have a choice of which door number you want picking up from.

    I normally go around the corner and get picked up outside one of the arrival doors (they all have a number above them).
    That's helpful Bogan if the exec relief jet is fully booked, I''d feel silly reserving a whole helicopter to Rim Ping !! A Cessna tuktuk will do , its the convenience of booking I like

    Is it cash off the meter or card via the app ?

  12. #12
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    21-06-2018 @ 08:25 PM
    Posts
    50,242
    Quote Originally Posted by david44 View Post
    Is it cash off the meter or card via the app ?
    "Up to you".

  13. #13
    Can I still change this?
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:58 PM
    Posts
    4,305
    ^ As harry said.

    When you pull up at destination, they will tap their phone and show you the price. Pay and go.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    OFFSET
    Posts
    12,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    they will tap their phone and show you the price. Pay and go.
    Like elsewhere, thanks

  15. #15
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    21-06-2018 @ 08:25 PM
    Posts
    50,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    ^ As harry said.

    When you pull up at destination, they will tap their phone and show you the price. Pay and go.
    Or you can add a card to the app.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    OFFSET
    Posts
    12,462
    Thats good to know , cheers everyone

  17. #17
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Posts
    193
    Grab's good.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •