Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,070

    Doi Saket. What's it like to live there?

    Might be making the jump up North a bit sooner than first thought.

    Looking at a few houses in Doi Saket, not too far out of the city around 10 mins to the Superhighway on the 118. What's it like as an area to live? Would rent for a year first just to be sure.

    I'd be splitting between a condo downtown and house around there. Only ever lived downtown.

    Anyone up that way? Any better districts to live a quiet house life, Hang Dong, San Sai, etc?

    Cheers.

  2. #2
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    15,790
    It's a good place to live if you're 90 years old and/or dead. Otherwise avoid.

    Chiang Mai is small, there is no real downtown to speak of, you can live just past the superhighway in an area like Tha Sala and be only 1.5 km outside the city and still feel like you're in the countryside. No need for two pads, get yourself one super-swanky one.
    don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,070
    Cheers. Already own the condo, don't really feel like selling it.

    It's a good place to live if you're 90 years old and/or dead.
    Sweet, that'll do for the house.

    you can live just past the superhighway in an area like Tha Sala and be only 1.5 km outside the city and still feel like you're in the countryside.
    Will take a sconse over that way thanks.

  4. #4
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    10,982
    If you live in Doi Saket and want to go into town where the nightlife is, for a few beers, how do you propose to get home?

    Problem is public transport, as in there isn't any.

    Nice enough area but no nightlife.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,070
    I'll be staying in my condo when downtown.

  6. #6
    RUSH HER TODAY
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    DOG HOUSE
    Posts
    9,966
    Sarapi take the train home !

    Major drawback of Doi Sakhet is my mother-in-law , I can arrange a blind date if your blind drunk

    Theres a German Sausagemongr nearby in the stick called something like Winkelbert Dingelheim , if interested I'll find his nambat, their great products he has a lil bierstube where tomorrow belongs to him

    Have you looked around mae Kue Talad Yai or Bosang much faster easier to city and plenty of new/old off plan condos and shacks with a few rai up to you

    Also Dr Andy showed me some lovely places only 1o miles North
    I prefer the old generals retreat soiuh of the German school on the outer ring rd yet only 20 mins on a bike to night
    Ill be there at weekend

    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/%E0%...b5b9a6cf02!3e0
    I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn’t find any.

  7. #7
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    10,982
    If you've got kids you might want to consider living close to their school. Rush hour traffic is Bangkok style.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    If you've got kids you might want to consider living close to their school. Rush hour traffic is Bangkok style.
    That is/will be a consideration. Got one kid that I'll be driving to and from school. Not sure which one yet though. Cheers.

  9. #9
    RUSH HER TODAY
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    DOG HOUSE
    Posts
    9,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    If you've got kids you might want to consider living close to their school. Rush hour traffic is Bangkok style.
    That is/will be a consideration. Got one kid that I'll be driving to and from school. Not sure which one yet though. Cheers.
    Primary get em a bike good exercise over 15 a honda

  10. #10
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Posts
    45,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    If you live in Doi Saket and want to go into town where the nightlife is, for a few beers, how do you propose to get home?

    Problem is public transport, as in there isn't any.

    Nice enough area but no nightlife.
    Uber/Grab.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Siam
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    If you live in Doi Saket and want to go into town where the nightlife is, for a few beers, how do you propose to get home?

    Problem is public transport, as in there isn't any.

    Nice enough area but no nightlife.
    Uber/Grab.
    Good luck with that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •