Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-07-2017 @ 12:11 PM
    Posts
    463

    Acupuncture in Chiang Mai ?

    I will be back in CM soon and will be looking for a good Chinese acupuncturist.
    Someone once said something about the big Chinese pharmacy in Wororot Market, anyone ever had acupuncture in CM ?

  2. #2
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    16,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickmac View Post
    I will be back in CM soon and will be looking for a good Chinese acupuncturist.
    Someone once said something about the big Chinese pharmacy in Wororot Market, anyone ever had acupuncture in CM ?
    This one, Home. I highly recommend them. I suffered from sciatica which eventually required surgical treatment. The last couple of months before surgery I could barely walk. I went to mungkala and after each session the pain was completely gone, of course it came back after a few days but the treatment was more effective than painkillers and had no side effects.

    They're a full chinese medicine clinic, quite large, on Ratchamanka Road. I can't remember the fees but they weren't expensive.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    26,099
    There is a well known acupuncturist at the corner of Sri Poom and Chiang Puak I've used to help recover from a stroke. Can't remember his name. He speaks English very well and not expensive.

  4. #4
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    16,509
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    There is a well known acupuncturist at the corner of Sri Poom and Chiang Puak I've used to help recover from a stroke. Can't remember his name. He speaks English very well and not expensive.
    Is it in Chiang Phuak hospital? They're in that location and their acupuncture clinuc has a good reputation. No website, I'm afraid.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    26,099
    ^ This is a private clinic on the inside of the moat.

    Rajavithi and McCormick Hospitals have acupuncture clinics also.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    9,766
    I tried acupuncture to relieve migraine attacks. Fcuking painful and never worked. What's your problem Mickmac?

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    crippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    5,208

  8. #8
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-07-2017 @ 12:11 PM
    Posts
    463
    Thanks for the replies fellas.
    Prag, in March last year I had spinal fusion, two steel rods inserted from T2 - T6.
    The damage was in T4, cancer broke the vertebrae down and slightly damaged the spinal chord. Was paralyzed from the waist down after surgery but slowly regained use of my legs over the last 14 months, walking now with and without walking stick.
    They got on top of the cancer, have been in remission since November.
    The operation caused lots of nerve pain, the worst of it is the pins and needles in both feet. Hoping acupuncture can give me some relief, even if it is only temporary while waiting for the nerves to fully heal.
    I have had acupuncture several times in Australia going back to 1992 and I swear by it, have had immediate relief for back and shoulder pain.
    My Mum suffered from migraines most of her life, had acupuncture when she was about 70 and never took another tablet for the rest of her life.

  9. #9
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-07-2017 @ 12:11 PM
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickmac View Post
    I will be back in CM soon and will be looking for a good Chinese acupuncturist.
    Someone once said something about the big Chinese pharmacy in Wororot Market, anyone ever had acupuncture in CM ?
    This one, Home. I highly recommend them. I suffered from sciatica which eventually required surgical treatment. The last couple of months before surgery I could barely walk. I went to mungkala and after each session the pain was completely gone, of course it came back after a few days but the treatment was more effective than painkillers and had no side effects.

    They're a full chinese medicine clinic, quite large, on Ratchamanka Road. I can't remember the fees but they weren't expensive.
    Thanks for that DrB0b

  10. #10
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-07-2017 @ 12:11 PM
    Posts
    463
    Got back to CM last Friday and had my first appointment at that place on Ratchamanka Road yesterday.
    Doctor seemed to be very good, told me a lot of interesting things regarding nerve repair etc that no doctor in Australia ever told me.
    Going back in this afternoon for another session. The doctor said I should have massage as well, have a place not far from where we live at Saraphee that treats gimps like myself.

  11. #11
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-07-2017 @ 12:11 PM
    Posts
    463
    OK, had another session of needles at that place, felt better for it.
    Went to the Chinese pharmacy in Wororot Market and had a chat to the Chinese doctor, he prescribed a course of herbal tea, two mugs a day for five days, tasted worse than Singha beer but I think it helped as well. Also had a Thai massage for 90 minutes.
    All in all I feel a lot better than I did before, used to dread getting out of bed in the morning, the pain in my back and legs was unreal. Now I just sit up and feel hardly anything.
    Don't know what they put in that Chinese tea but my missus sent some down to her mum in Surin, she had a bad back for years, and it fixed her. She said it was amazing.

    Thanks again DrB0b and others who offered advice.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,098
    Fuckin hell Mickmac, sounds like you've had a run of badluck mate. Hope the acupuncture works for you , and if the massage had a happy ending then that's probably good therapy to , but on a side note has anyone tried acupuncture for giving up the smokes? Or is it pointless? Some will say just use your will power for that, and I'm sure I've got plenty of it left because I've never used much of it yet. Sounds like you got some great advice from this thread good luck mate

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:32 AM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,440
    I tried acupuncture in Edinburgh many years ago to stop smoking. The bastard charged me so much I did not have any money left for ciggies.

    Cut a long story short it did nothing for me.

    I ended up giving up about 6 years ago by using Nicolette gum. Give it a go.

    Best of luck to Mickmac, I am glad the acupuncture is benefitting you.

  14. #14
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-07-2017 @ 12:11 PM
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker View Post
    Fuckin hell Mickmac, sounds like you've had a run of badluck mate. Hope the acupuncture works for you , and if the massage had a happy ending then that's probably good therapy to , but on a side note has anyone tried acupuncture for giving up the smokes? Or is it pointless? Some will say just use your will power for that, and I'm sure I've got plenty of it left because I've never used much of it yet. Sounds like you got some great advice from this thread good luck mate
    Thanks mate, they say what does not kill you makes you stronger but I am starting to wonder.
    I am in remission now and walking 2km a day so I am doing better than a lot of the other poor buggars out there.
    Did feel good after the acupuncture, I must admit.
    When I got back on the vitamin B12 about 10 days ago I immediately felt better for it as well. The back pain and pins and needles in my feet is much better for it.
    I take 5,000mg a day, supposed to be good for nerve repair etc.
    Yes, good advice on this thread and many others. This forum has been very helpful in the last few years.

  15. #15
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-07-2017 @ 12:11 PM
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123 View Post
    I tried acupuncture in Edinburgh many years ago to stop smoking. The bastard charged me so much I did not have any money left for ciggies.

    Cut a long story short it did nothing for me.

    I ended up giving up about 6 years ago by using Nicolette gum. Give it a go.

    Best of luck to Mickmac, I am glad the acupuncture is benefitting you.
    Thanks Iceman

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •