Does anyone know if you can use the sports facilities at Chiang Mai University even though you have no relationship with the University? I will be spending a few months in CM and looking at a couple of condos to rent near the University, and it would increase my options if I can use the facilities at CMU - gym, pool and tennis/badminton. No problem to pay a fee. I sent them an email but didn't get a response.

Also, another option is the 700 year stadium. Can I get a songthaew from the intersection of Canal Road and Huay Kaew Road on a regular basis, or would I have to hire a tuk tuk each time?