Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Malaysian Grass

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    08-03-2015 @ 12:13 PM
    Location
    Phitsanulok
    Posts
    14

    Malaysian Grass

    I am getting ready to put in about 1,200 M2 of lawn. I really like the Malaysian, but probably 3/4 of my area getting a lot of direct sun throughout the day. I have heard people say the Malaysian doesn't do so well in all day sun and I have heard people say it does great -- if watered adequately.

    Can anybody shed some light on this based on your personal experience? Did anyone put any down in areas of all day sun?

    I would be grateful for any advice on this. I would also like to know if anyone knows the best supplier for Malaysian grass. I'm in Phitsanulok. Thanks in advance!

    John

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:23 AM
    Posts
    36,132
    Thought this was about the other stuff...

    Ever thought of a putting green?...

    Good luck with it...

  3. #3
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    I've laid many sq. met of Malaysian Grass sod bought from Ban Bua Thong. With three Bangkaew dogs who love to dig on the property it hasn't been easy.

    Best bet is to water the newly laid sod 2 to 3 times a day for several weeks. Also, once it takes root, don't mow right away to make it look golf course smooth. I've found that using a weed whacker taking minimul amounts off the top does the least damage. A lawn mower severly messes it up!

    Malaysian Grass will work in all day sun so long as the edges (of the sod) are kept watered.

  4. #4
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    Location
    Ex-Pat Refugee in Thailand
    Posts
    9,581
    Malaysian grass vs Thai stick? Is it the broad leaf stuff? wife calls it Japanese grass, suppose to never need cutting...which is a lie.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Thai Stick.

    Haven't seen any of that in waaaay too long. That and Khon Kan Krippler too

  6. #6
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    Location
    Ex-Pat Refugee in Thailand
    Posts
    9,581
    ^The good old days...

  7. #7
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnt View Post
    ^The good old days...
    Indeed.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    I've laid many sq. met of Malaysian Grass sod bought from Ban Bua Thong. With three Bangkaew dogs who love to dig on the property it hasn't been easy.

    Best bet is to water the newly laid sod 2 to 3 times a day for several weeks. Also, once it takes root, don't mow right away to make it look golf course smooth. I've found that using a weed whacker taking minimul amounts off the top does the least damage. A lawn mower severly messes it up!

    Malaysian Grass will work in all day sun so long as the edges (of the sod) are kept watered.
    That's all lovely....
    But you don't really waste water in the dry season just to keep your fvcking lawn green, do you Booners?

    As we know, grasses have a normal period dormant period [not dead] and cycle accordingly.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-12-2016 @ 09:19 AM
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    44,058
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    I've laid many sq. met of Malaysian Grass sod bought from Ban Bua Thong. With three Bangkaew dogs who love to dig on the property it hasn't been easy.

    Best bet is to water the newly laid sod 2 to 3 times a day for several weeks. Also, once it takes root, don't mow right away to make it look golf course smooth. I've found that using a weed whacker taking minimul amounts off the top does the least damage. A lawn mower severly messes it up!

    Malaysian Grass will work in all day sun so long as the edges (of the sod) are kept watered.
    That's all lovely....
    But you don't really waste water in the dry season just to keep your fvcking lawn green, do you Booners?

    As we know, grasses have a normal period dormant period [not dead] and cycle accordingly.
    Yes.

    I hate a brown lawn...

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    I've laid many sq. met of Malaysian Grass sod bought from Ban Bua Thong. With three Bangkaew dogs who love to dig on the property it hasn't been easy.

    Best bet is to water the newly laid sod 2 to 3 times a day for several weeks. Also, once it takes root, don't mow right away to make it look golf course smooth. I've found that using a weed whacker taking minimul amounts off the top does the least damage. A lawn mower severly messes it up!

    Malaysian Grass will work in all day sun so long as the edges (of the sod) are kept watered.
    That's all lovely....
    But you don't really waste water in the dry season just to keep your fvcking lawn green, do you Booners?

    As we know, grasses have a normal period dormant period [not dead] and cycle accordingly.
    Yes.

    I hate a brown lawn...
    Very Farang. Mindless consumption and waste.

    Carry on.


  11. #11
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:23 AM
    Posts
    36,132
    Spray it green now...It's the fad...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •