Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 76
  1. #51
    Member Baas Babelaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    983
    Flew in yesterday and got a private car to SNH. Within 20 minutes of leaving the airport I witnessed one buckwild naked man, bought a few beers, and was toking on a joint, kindly supplied by the driver.

    The road from PP to SNH is Fear and Loathing. But Jen, the driver was good.

    Now I'm in bed with my lady. Life is sweet.

  2. #52
    Member wackyjacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    28-04-2016 @ 05:26 PM
    Posts
    459
    SNH ???? That must've been a great spliff. ps: BB, so you arrived on the 24th & you're arriving AGAIN ??? You need some help dude !!!
    Last edited by wackyjacky; 02-03-2015 at 09:43 PM.

  3. #53
    Member Baas Babelaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by wackyjacky View Post
    SNH ???? That must've been a great spliff. ps: BB, so you arrived on the 24th & you're arriving AGAIN ??? You need some help dude !!!
    Arrived on the 1st, Sunshine.

    My bad - SNV.

  4. #54
    Member Baas Babelaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    983
    I recant previous statements.

    SNV is a pile of shite - full of dodgy Ruskies, cheapo backpackers, Korean and CHinese group tour kunts, shifty Scambodians. And currently boatloads of noisy Viets (almost as bad as the mainland Chinese).

    Its redeeming features are it's relatively cheap, there are a couple of nice beaches and islands, and the internet is fairly stable (I'm looking for work online).

    And the cheapo weed.

    A good 80% of the girls are ho's and/or butt ugly (oh, how I miss beautiful Thai-Chinese vixens, and the educated cute Chinese of years before).

    So, till a decent job comes through, I'll sit it out and watch the Creatures at play.

    Will be my last visit here. Just need to find that elusive job. Bit dissapointed I turned down that semi-decent gig in BKK, although I'm not mad about the city at all. And a big fuck off to China, although, BC have offered me a position in Guangzhou (problem is I might end up murdering some runty Chinese kunt for being ... a runty Chinese kunt.

    Suppose I can work on my tan and do a bit of exercise. Would head over to Thailand and CV drop, but Bangers is way pricier than SNV.

    Wouldn't mind a gig in a quiet-ish Thai town, not too far from the beach. Any suggestions?

  5. #55
    Member
    grasshopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    21-11-2017 @ 09:41 PM
    Location
    sydney by the beach
    Posts
    862
    'twas ever thus. Just returned from that shit hole. Even the turds were leaving! Never again!

    A warning: dont ever get the bus to Koh Khong. Trip from hell and the other side is no better. Scamming Khmers and scamming Thais cluster around the poor falang.

  6. #56
    Thailand Expat Exit Strategy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    22-11-2015 @ 04:35 PM
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgen View Post
    paedophile central, enjoy.
    Not anymore. Only place where I have been approached by underage girls was in Phnom Penh, area where foreigners happen to live (BKK2). So before accusing poor Cambodian girls, perhaps you should take a look at the demand side - overpaid NGO's in black Lexuses. Or is this too close to home?

  7. #57
    Thailand Expat Exit Strategy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    22-11-2015 @ 04:35 PM
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57
    Ankor Wat that is.

    That was simply brilliant,
    Lifetime experience. Did you climb the narrow stairs up to take photos (possibly death, and Japanese nice lady had such a problem going down we waited - all in friendly way for at least 30 mins for her get the courage (she didn't fall btw so it ended all right)

  8. #58
    Thailand Expat Exit Strategy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    22-11-2015 @ 04:35 PM
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Cheers Betty - let me test too.



    Did it work?
    Let me see if the pic turns out right

  9. #59
    Thailand Expat Exit Strategy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    22-11-2015 @ 04:35 PM
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuketrichard
    :Russian(s) involved in shooting (again)... Shooting
    Everywhere Russians go they bring problems. Organized crime clearly being the biggest problem (like shootings in Jomtien) In Thailand, that is their reason, cheaper than at disfunctioning economy, cheaper life, russian women still nasty bitches when they see their men glancing at beautiful women - no tourist dollar, they buy cheapest vodka from 7 and beat innocent beach walkers singing their country tunes.

    Really, who would really miss russians if they were nuked tomorrow? OK, Neverna would say it would be inhumane, but I think that would be it - she's not in love with Russians either,

  10. #60
    Member Baas Babelaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    983
    Getting outta Creatureville tomorrow. Back to Bangkok.

    Ah, thank god.

    As mentioned above this place is low-end. So very low-end.

    Thailand isn't perfect, but it isn't Scambodia.

  11. #61
    Valve Master Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,255
    Please tell us about some of the people....once you get out of arm's length

  12. #62
    Member Baas Babelaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    983
    So, I'm flying out today - at PPIA now.

    I booked a seat in the "luxury" minivans that do the route from SNV to PP Airport (have used them before with no issues)

    Instead the scamming Cheap Charlie bastards stuffed four of us (westerners) in the back seat of a regular sedan. Oh so intimate. The front seat was inhabited by the "boss"- a tiny little Chinese-Cambo, who set his seat all the way back. I nearly bashed him. Instead at the rest stop I set his seat to all the way forward. Didn't help the congestion in the back though.

    Fuck Scambodia. Fuck the low lives who inhabit it. Next visit - in my next life.

    Thailand is paradise compared to this third world shitehole.

  13. #63
    Valve Master Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,255
    You should have got out at the rest stop and pointedly demonstrated (with the consent of a fellow back seat conspirator) your casual expertise at various garrotting techniques.

  14. #64
    Member Baas Babelaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    983
    I kept quiet. Was just happy to get the fuck out this hole of a country.

    Low end backpackers, and elderly men drinking themselves to death.

    And some of the ugliest bints I've seen in Asia.

  15. #65
    Member wackyjacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    28-04-2016 @ 05:26 PM
    Posts
    459
    This was the worst travel thread in TD history. Next time you visit someplace BB, please keep it to yourself. You were right about 1 thing though, Most places cater to drug addled backpackers or dissipated old codgers working hard to dispatch themselves ASAP.

  16. #66
    Thailand Expat
    Scottish Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    23-10-2017 @ 02:17 AM
    Location
    Between The Moon And New York City
    Posts
    1,201
    Old codgers drinking themselves to death.......Pattaya/Phuket

    Locals scamming you....... Most of Vietnam/Thailand

    Low rent backpackers.......most Thai islands

    Ugly bints........the world except eastern Europe

    Dodgy ignorant Russians........Pattaya/Phuket


    Its not just Snookys problem its everywhere.

  17. #67
    Member Baas Babelaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Gary View Post
    Old codgers drinking themselves to death.......Pattaya/Phuket

    Locals scamming you....... Most of Vietnam/Thailand

    Low rent backpackers.......most Thai islands

    Ugly bints........the world except eastern Europe

    Dodgy ignorant Russians........Pattaya/Phuket

    Its not just Snookys problem its everywhere.
    True Gary. I've never been, nor wanted to go to, Pattaya or Phuket.

    Re. women - there are plenty of foxy Thai, Thai-Chinese, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Filipinos.

    The Khmer girls just don't cut it for me in the looks department.

    And just saying like, I will not go back to Snooky, much like I will never go to Pattaya or Phuket, or a host of other islands full of low-end backpackers and/or Russians and/or Chinese.

  18. #68
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    13-11-2017 @ 04:17 PM
    Posts
    1,942
    "How a man perceives the world is only a reflection of how they perceive themselves."
    Esteemed Phra Fuk Mee Sil Hee , Expectations of the Heart [Part 17]

    Truth be told that in many of your threads there's an unhappy puppy complaining.
    After all it is a predominantly a farang forum - so it might be the purr-fect place for indignation and complaining.

    Strange that you're still a long way from home traveling in SE Asia.
    What do your friends back home tell you ?
    That you're a lucky bastard to be fooking off to an exotic land amongst beaches in warm climes smoking ganja with so many beautiful, young, petite lasses dropping their panties at bargain prices even affordable to a young lad on a teach-ee Engrish salary ?
    (You're complaining and yet -you haven't even been robbed , beaten up or worse !)

    Did you like the Philippines...or haven't you been ?
    "World-class Catholics" , the Bishop concurred with the Pope.

    When you're an older man doing the 9-to-5 you'll well understand how lucky you were without ever fully appreciating or being aware at the time. Just my take.

    Good luck in your travels...try to smile.

  19. #69
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    13-11-2017 @ 04:17 PM
    Posts
    1,942

    Arrow reflections

    Quote Originally Posted by Baas Babelaas View Post
    Flew in yesterday and got a private car to SNH. Within 20 minutes of leaving the airport I witnessed one buckwild naked man, bought a few beers, and was toking on a joint, kindly supplied by the driver.
    The road from PP to SNH is Fear and Loathing. But Jen, the driver was good.

    Now I'm in bed with my lady. Life is sweet.
    Bi-polar ?...or short-term memory addled ?

  20. #70
    Member Baas Babelaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeCoffee View Post
    "How a man perceives the world is only a reflection of how they perceive themselves."
    Esteemed Phra Fuk Mee Sil Hee , Expectations of the Heart [Part 17]

    Truth be told that in many of your threads there's an unhappy puppy complaining.
    After all it is a predominantly a farang forum - so it might be the purr-fect place for indignation and complaining.

    Strange that you're still a long way from home traveling in SE Asia.
    What do your friends back home tell you ?
    That you're a lucky bastard to be fooking off to an exotic land amongst beaches in warm climes smoking ganja with so many beautiful, young, petite lasses dropping their panties at bargain prices even affordable to a young lad on a teach-ee Engrish salary ?
    (You're complaining and yet -you haven't even been robbed , beaten up or worse !)

    Did you like the Philippines...or haven't you been ?
    "World-class Catholics" , the Bishop concurred with the Pope.

    When you're an older man doing the 9-to-5 you'll well understand how lucky you were without ever fully appreciating or being aware at the time. Just my take.

    Good luck in your travels...try to smile.
    I'm a complicated puppy, grandpops. My friends back home get by, but don't wish for the life I have.

    I was robbed in Cambodia. Never beaten - that aint gonna happen.

    Older man? I've done the 9-5. I aint doing that again.

    I work part time, travel a lot, and run an online biz.

    Snooky sucks balls, and I'll stick by that.

    Did have fun, but the fun ran out.

    Heading home for a while, to enjoy the pleasures of family, nature and good food.

    Peace.

  21. #71
    Thailand Expat Exit Strategy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    22-11-2015 @ 04:35 PM
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Baas Babelaas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeCoffee View Post
    "How a man perceives the world is only a reflection of how they perceive themselves."
    Esteemed Phra Fuk Mee Sil Hee , Expectations of the Heart [Part 17]

    Truth be told that in many of your threads there's an unhappy puppy complaining.
    After all it is a predominantly a farang forum - so it might be the purr-fect place for indignation and complaining.

    Strange that you're still a long way from home traveling in SE Asia.
    What do your friends back home tell you ?
    That you're a lucky bastard to be fooking off to an exotic land amongst beaches in warm climes smoking ganja with so many beautiful, young, petite lasses dropping their panties at bargain prices even affordable to a young lad on a teach-ee Engrish salary ?
    (You're complaining and yet -you haven't even been robbed , beaten up or worse !)

    Did you like the Philippines...or haven't you been ?
    "World-class Catholics" , the Bishop concurred with the Pope.

    When you're an older man doing the 9-to-5 you'll well understand how lucky you were without ever fully appreciating or being aware at the time. Just my take.

    Good luck in your travels...try to smile.
    I'm a complicated puppy, grandpops. My friends back home get by, but don't wish for the life I have.

    I was robbed in Cambodia. Never beaten - that aint gonna happen.

    Older man? I've done the 9-5. I aint doing that again.

    I work part time, travel a lot, and run an online biz.

    Snooky sucks balls, and I'll stick by that.

    Did have fun, but the fun ran out.

    Heading home for a while, to enjoy the pleasures of family, nature and good food.

    Peace.
    This is all very negative. Worst travel thread ever with minimal useable information just hate hate hate.

    And people who say "I was robbed . Never beaten - that aint gonna happen." are childish. Of course you can be beaten. Unless you are Superman or Ultraman. You can be robbed and beaten to death in New York or London as well, which is more probable considering your lifestyle.

  22. #72
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Baas Babelaas
    I'm a complicated puppy, grandpops. My friends back home get by, but don't wish for the life I have. I was robbed in Cambodia. Never beaten - that aint gonna happen. Older man? I've done the 9-5. I aint doing that again. I work part time, travel a lot, and run an online biz. Snooky sucks balls, and I'll stick by that. Did have fun, but the fun ran out. Heading home for a while, to enjoy the pleasures of family, nature and good food. Peace.
    I admit I have missed bits of the thread but it would be easy to reply in a much more agressive manner. You riposte was controlled and good natured. Have a green.

  23. #73
    Valve Master Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,255
    Baas....how about a few stories about the odd dudes you met in Snooky ?

  24. #74
    Thailand Expat 9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    01-09-2017 @ 01:18 PM
    Location
    Hating but living in the 3rd world
    Posts
    5,528
    Piss poor effort. Would enjoy seeing a real snooky thread. The title should have read 'Falangs on their last legs going nuts before having to head home busto - 2015'

    At least a little insight into snooky would be nice deciding weather or not to go there.

  25. #75
    Member Baas Babelaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Posts
    983
    Baas....how about a few stories about the odd dudes you met in Snooky ?
    Hmm..

    The young guy that raved on and on about about Pattaya, saying he preferred whores to regular gals. Why pay when you're young and decent looking? He also reckoned he was quite a hardcore MMA fighter.

    The Irish fella who I got on with quite well, but had to head back to Ireland to serve a sentence for ciggie-smuggling. The coppers called him in Cambo (got his number from his mum) and politely asked him to head back, one evening while we were having a few beers.

    The wheelchair-bound chap who refused to get out of it, one year after his leg had broken (and healed). Why? Because it was easier to have his Cambo ladyfriend push him around and spoonfeed him.

    The Scandinavian who had festering sores on his legs who refused to go the hospital, but would constantly scratch away at his pus-ridden scabby wounds. Put me off going to that establishment.

    The legions of hipsters - not odd, just annoying.

    The legions of dodgy ho's - fine for some, not to my liking.

    The legions of barang having a 7am beer. And only beer thereafter for the entire day/s.

    Hmm.. and the Russians. And Chinese tour groups. Not hating, just saying.

    The title should have read 'Falangs on their last legs going nuts before having to head home busto - 2015'

    At least a little insight into snooky would be nice deciding weather or not to go there.
    Moi? Not sure about the rest of the barang in Snooky, but at 37 I'm firing on all cylinders, and have headed home to take a break from the heat, and set up another business.

    Some of the older guys are definitely drinking themselves to death over there (suicide by 50c beer), as happens in Thailand, Philippines, etc. And some are definitely a few sandwiches short of a full picnic basket. They're alright to be around (for short periods of time) if you can understand what they're mumbling about, through their ill-fitting false teeth.

    Insight - depending how wealthy or poor you are, you can be there in a few hours, flying out of Bangkok. If you're of average or below-average wealth bus it.

    I flew.

    Try it, you might like it. It's definitely got a Wild West feel to it, and depending on the administration/government/tourism department, and incoming travellers, may or may not improve in the future.

    EDIT: Missed this from PC:
    Did you like the Philippines...or haven't you been ?
    Loved Palawan. Did not like Boracay, or Boringcay as my well-travelled friend aptly named it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •