Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832

    Goldman Sachs and Wallstreet OwnED !!!

    First Goldman Fucking OwnED !!! let the lawsuits begin

    Goldman's Tourre Foresaw Subprime Chaos, Emails Show

    Goldman Sachs executive Fabrice Tourre predicted in 2007 that subprime borrowers would run into trouble, according to newly released emails that also show executives welcoming the profitable fallout.
    BBC News - Goldman Sachs executives 'boasted of crash profits'

    Goldman Backlash in Germany

    The Wall Street firm's approach to winning business is coming under fire from German officials, companies and banks in the wake of an SEC civil-fraud suit.
    Insiders Sold Shares During SEC Probe

    Five senior executives of Goldman Sachs, including the firm's co-general counsel, sold $65.3 million worth of stock after the firm received notice of possible fraud charges which later drove its stock down 13%.
    but wait there is more

    Galleon Probe Turns to Goldman, Buffett Deal

    A Goldman director allegedly tipped off Galleon's Rajaratnam about a $5 billion investment by Buffett's Berkshire before a public announcement of the deal at the height of the 2008 financial crisis.
    and then we have Paulson

    Paulson Will Pay Goldman FeesSubscriber Content

    Paulson told investors that his hedge-fund firm, not investors, will absorb any legal fees related to a complex investment he profited from that's now central to a federal lawsuit.
    and then the SEC !!! is there anyone compliant in that industry ?

    SEC's Top Cop Oversaw Deutsche CDOs

    SEC enforcement chief Robert Khuzami oversaw lawyers at his old firm, Deutsche Bank, that were involved in the creation of the same type of securities at issue in the agency's suit against Goldman.
    and there is more, biggest scandal ever, this will be bigger than ENRON

    http://online.wsj.com/public/page/sec-fraud-probe.html

  2. #2
    Mid
    Mid is offline
    Thailand Expat
    Mid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,413
    already two threads on this , see your behind the eight ball again / still

  3. #3
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    ^ the stories were separate and only addressed part of the issue,

    this is put together to give you the real picture of the situation

  4. #4
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,615
    the bigger issue is seppoland pushing its laws onto the outside world through various means

    and those laws being made by the scum bought and paid for by the corporates for the benefit of themselves

    real democratisation will be in the form of socialisation with massive transparency allowed by internet and computers. not a cent of public money should be spent without it being fully declared and the makers of the decisions being held accountable for their actions - the incompetent will be relegated to sweeping the streets.

    http://dunwalke.com/introduction.htm

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    The Ghost Of The Moog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    26-08-2017 @ 09:53 PM
    Posts
    5,626
    There is a simple reason why the media goes after Goldman

    Its not because they make a lot of money, and its not because they sail close to the wind, (others do the same).

    Its because 1) they don't help reporters with stories 2) They don't cultivate reporters - (eg lunch at the Armani Cafe)

    So there's no downside to writing snarky stories about them. In fact a negative story about Goldman always gets lots of hits, and secondly (perversely), if you do write something nice about them, they hate you for it and think you just want a job.

    And now its starting to hurt them in the wallet, because they can't take such big bonuses with the Press watching them all the time.

  6. #6
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost_Of_The_Moog
    Its because 1) they don't help reporters with stories 2) They don't cultivate reporters - (eg lunch at the Armani Cafe)
    yes, that's definitely criminal and should be dealt accordingly

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost_Of_The_Moog
    if you do write something nice about them, they hate you for it and think you just want a job.

  7. #7
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost_Of_The_Moog
    There is a simple reason why the media goes after Goldman
    but seriously, the media is going after them because there is a SEC investigation, and you know how it works, as soon as the SEC is involved, it's feeding time for the press as investors will start to sue, emails start to be revealed etc...

  8. #8
    I am in Jail
    Camel Toe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    18-02-2017 @ 10:41 AM
    Location
    Guadalajara
    Posts
    3,718
    I love to see big trees fall. Maybe the Israelis will start a war and create a diversion. Then they'll make another Nazi war crimes film to get their image back on track. Predictable innit?

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    The Ghost Of The Moog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    26-08-2017 @ 09:53 PM
    Posts
    5,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost_Of_The_Moog
    There is a simple reason why the media goes after Goldman
    but seriously, the media is going after them because there is a SEC investigation, and you know how it works, as soon as the SEC is involved, it's feeding time for the press as investors will start to sue, emails start to be revealed etc...
    The media is mocking Goldman on everything they can now. Eg Derivatives with Greece. Any angle.

    There's a lot of personal factors in there drriving the hate. Its not just because the regulators are involved. Goldman's media relations people are loathed by the Press.
    They are just former reporters......and the best way to describe it is that its like they've been made into Thaivisa moderators.*

    *Thats the exact, perfect way to depict them.

  10. #10
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    ^ hear your point, but they are the biggest player in town, so they think they can get away with anything

    this time they got caught, so feeding on a big corpse is always a nice prize

  11. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 03:38 AM
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    20
    GS should be hit with class action suits and triple the customary penalties. SEC employees should be fired.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    thehighlander959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    29-01-2013 @ 05:54 PM
    Posts
    1,784
    Goldman Sachs buys and sells foreign and maybe US governments!!

    And we thought banks were to big for their boots..


    Says it all doesn,t it!! No need to worry our lives are in their hands...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •