Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314
Results 326 to 339 of 339
  1. #326
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    30-09-2013 @ 10:03 AM
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    12
    As a newbie, I have been through this thread from start to finish and wish to congratulate you on a project well done.
    I expect to be starting a similar project in Korat next year and I've gained a lot of insight from your experiences.
    Enjoy

  2. #327
    Thailand Expat
    SEA Traveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    01-11-2014 @ 09:25 AM
    Location
    Villa Sariano, Phala Beach, Ban Chang, Rayong, Thailand
    Posts
    3,790
    Panthip,

    Looking nicer with each post. The vast areas of cement driveway and walkways will eliminate a lot of the grass cutting. The evening picture earlier in the thread where the perimeter lights are on makes the hose look even nicer. Good work all around Panthip.

  3. #328
    Cacoethes scribendi
    Loombucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    15-06-2015 @ 08:51 AM
    Location
    Lanchester and Nong Bua Deng
    Posts
    3,311
    Just read the whole thing again, it looks fantastic! Good choice going for stainless at the front. I can't wait to see it planted, well done. I hope you both live long and happy lives in your new home.

  4. #329
    pef
    pef is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    31-03-2010 @ 11:08 PM
    Posts
    1
    Nice house with granit floor. I have the same and have had he same workers. I want show you some pics but I dont know what I must do.

  5. #330
    Special member
    jizzybloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,872

  6. #331
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,047
    Quote Originally Posted by pef View Post
    Nice house with granit floor. I have the same and have had he same workers. I want show you some pics but I dont know what I must do.

    get some more posts, start your own thread and learn how to post pics

  7. #332
    Member Panthip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    01-12-2017 @ 03:42 AM
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    189
    Thanks a lot for your comments. Last December I shot a video of the house. Due to YouTube I had to cut it in two.

    This is me talking in Norwegian, I know your not to happy with foreign languages but perhaps you just turn down the sound.

    Have look if you like





  8. #333
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Posts
    27,339
    Nice vid, nice house and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

    Only one thing, I wish you would pick your feet up when you walk. Hope your not starting to pick up Thai habits.

  9. #334
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    27-05-2013 @ 04:56 PM
    Location
    east pattaya
    Posts
    108
    great thread panthip...stunning house,,thanks for sharing with us..

  10. #335
    Member bushwacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    05-06-2015 @ 08:29 AM
    Location
    Nakhon Sawan
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthip
    It was really hard work to excavate the wells for the columns. The ground is hard as concrete since it has been curing for years. It was 5 days hard labor for 8 people to dig out. 8 hours a day for 5 days is in that heat is fatigues.
    Hi Panthip

    I have just started studying this website to learn before i start my own build. Maybe you or other members can explain to me .... when you need piles and footings and when you just need footings. It seems from your description of the very hard ground that i would have only used footings. I sure would not want to make that kind of mistake.

    I look forward to your thoughts.
    cheers

  11. #336
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    27,463
    Quote Originally Posted by bushwacker
    when you need piles and footings and when you just need footings.
    Where are you planning to build? Footings are the norm but if land is in low lying area pilings may be in order.

  12. #337
    Member bushwacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    05-06-2015 @ 08:29 AM
    Location
    Nakhon Sawan
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bushwacker
    when you need piles and footings and when you just need footings.
    Where are you planning to build? Footings are the norm but if land is in low lying area pilings may be in order.

    Still looking for the land so have not even narrowed down the province yet. But i do find it so hot here that I am thinking of north so a few cooler months. The land may well be old rice fields that has had earth built up for a year or 3. I thought that if you were looking at a very high water table or near large bodies of water then you need pilings. If not then only footings. Am i wrong????

  13. #338
    Member Panthip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    01-12-2017 @ 03:42 AM
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by bushwacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthip
    It was really hard work to excavate the wells for the columns. The ground is hard as concrete since it has been curing for years. It was 5 days hard labor for 8 people to dig out. 8 hours a day for 5 days is in that heat is fatigues.
    Hi Panthip

    I have just started studying this website to learn before i start my own build. Maybe you or other members can explain to me .... when you need piles and footings and when you just need footings. It seems from your description of the very hard ground that i would have only used footings. I sure would not want to make that kind of mistake.

    I look forward to your thoughts.
    cheers
    Hi there bushwacker

    Sorry for a late reply. I'm not into teakdoor on a regular basis anymore, but I pop in from time to time. (I spend more time on Norwegian sites nowadays).

    I'm not an expert on piling and I think our house is the only one in this regoin that has been piled. The lot was originally ricefield and there is a nearby creek but to my knowledge I never flood. The piles was ony extra precaution to avoid cracking of the walls.

    If you are building on plain dry land I guess footings will do.

  14. #339
    Member Panthip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    01-12-2017 @ 03:42 AM
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    189

    The garage

    Since last time I updated this thread more constructions has taken place in the courtyard. A garage has been built by the same company that set up the house. The garage was finished by the end og September 2010.


    I understood it was hard work to cut through the concrete and the wire mesh.







    Checking out the garage size




    The entrance looks different.


    We have got a roof.


    The first painting.








    Nice ceiling






    Then I have to wait until mid January to see it "in real". Not much grass to cut here and hopefully not many mosquitoes either :-)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •