Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member Strongarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Online
    10-06-2018 @ 07:39 PM
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    569

    Help with condo rental

    We've been looking for a furnished condo to rent in Bangkok for two months (End Nov - End Jan). To this point we've only met with dissapointment. Not from the Condo's themselves but from the morons that "run" these places.

    We have contacted 4 condo's that, on appearence, seem to suit our needs, and have met with anything but helpful customer service.

    When posing questions to said "moron's" what we receive as an aswer is lame at best. We've had anything from: "Owner away for 4 months, call back later" to "Don't call us by phone, send questions via facebook" and my favourite "I don't know (and I couldn't be arsed to find out for you)". We've had worse, but the mrs keeps it from me as she know's I have little patience with these monkeys.

    One Condo manager stated that the apartment he was offering didn't look anything like the pictures on the internet, so we asked him so send some pictures via email, he forwarded us the same pictures that appear on the internet.

    I've been around Thailand for a number of years now, and I know it's hopeless at best, but how in the hell do these places ever get their condo's rented, if they can't respond to a simple question like "is there a tv in the room?". Am I over-reacting, is this what is to be expected, and should I just suck it up and get used to it?

    Can anyone assist in recommending a 1 bedroom furnished condo in Bangkok for a two month stay, preferably well out of the tourist areas, budget is about 15k - 17k per month.

    Your help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    27-01-2018 @ 05:20 AM
    Posts
    24
    what size are you looking at? 35 sqm is enough or you want more?
    are you flexible abiķut location as long as its near BTS or MRT?
    what kind of furniture do u expect?

  3. #3
    Member Strongarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Online
    10-06-2018 @ 07:39 PM
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    569
    Anything from 35sqm - 50sqm would be great. Furniture required is probably just the basics, i.e. fridge, bed, couch, tv, table/chairs etc.

    Doesn't have to be right next door to BTS/MRT, but not too far.

  4. #4
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Burning Down a Pikey Caravan
    Posts
    17,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongarm
    Doesn't have to be right next door to BTS/MRT
    Don't worry, for a budget of 15k - 17k per month on a 2 month contract it won't be.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    20-11-2016 @ 12:09 PM
    Posts
    5

    have

    I have condo 22.5m2 in Onnut soi 46. 50 Baht taxi to Onnut BTS, 7 Baht Thai taxi. Walk 15 minutes to Seacon shopping centre.
    Swimming pool, food shops all around, 7/11 3 minutes, comlex about 1000 flats. It might have 5 farlang and 15 africans (condo managenent advised that they will get rid of them). Rest is Thai.
    Condo is located on 14-th (top floor) with view on 1/2 BKK. It contains: cable TV, TV Samsung LCD, good furniture, bed and linen, washing mashine, A/C, H/W, fridge, iron & ironing board, stereo/video, fly screens, security door, cooking facility on the balcony, assorted plates and glasses, broom, mops, vaccum cleaner, condo is absolutely clean.
    I know that condo is smaller that you require, but is clean and have everything to make comfortable living.
    I have 4 condos in same comlex. I lived in this condo however I have condo in Pattaya where i am now, so last week my condo in BKK becom available for renting.
    My name is Peter Slaminka, Ph +66 88 5002460, e-mail: kps_trading [at] hotmail.com
    Rent will be 7,000.00 Baht p/m + electricity (about 1000.00 Baht per month if you use A/C) + water (about 150.00 Baht p/m) + 3 monts rent bond.
    There is no problem pick you up from airport (on the way from Pattaya or rent you motorbike (125cc, 2 years old), or brig some pots for cooking.
    It woul be nice if you reply ASAP as the condo is advertised for rent.
    Best regards
    Peter

  6. #6
    Member Strongarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Online
    10-06-2018 @ 07:39 PM
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterke View Post
    I have condo 22.5m2 in Onnut soi 46. 50 Baht taxi to Onnut BTS, 7 Baht Thai taxi. Walk 15 minutes to Seacon shopping centre.
    Swimming pool, food shops all around, 7/11 3 minutes, comlex about 1000 flats. It might have 5 farlang and 15 africans (condo managenent advised that they will get rid of them). Rest is Thai.
    Condo is located on 14-th (top floor) with view on 1/2 BKK. It contains: cable TV, TV Samsung LCD, good furniture, bed and linen, washing mashine, A/C, H/W, fridge, iron & ironing board, stereo/video, fly screens, security door, cooking facility on the balcony, assorted plates and glasses, broom, mops, vaccum cleaner, condo is absolutely clean.
    I know that condo is smaller that you require, but is clean and have everything to make comfortable living.
    I have 4 condos in same comlex. I lived in this condo however I have condo in Pattaya where i am now, so last week my condo in BKK becom available for renting.
    My name is Peter Slaminka, Ph +66 88 5002460, e-mail: kps_trading [at] hotmail.com
    Rent will be 7,000.00 Baht p/m + electricity (about 1000.00 Baht per month if you use A/C) + water (about 150.00 Baht p/m) + 3 monts rent bond.
    There is no problem pick you up from airport (on the way from Pattaya or rent you motorbike (125cc, 2 years old), or brig some pots for cooking.
    It woul be nice if you reply ASAP as the condo is advertised for rent.
    Best regards
    Peter
    Thanks so much for your reply Peter. We actually picked up a condo yesterday and have paid the deposit.

    Managed to pick up a 52sqm new furnished condo for 15k per month, down the road from the BTS.

    Again, thanks for taking the time to post the response.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    05-02-2012 @ 07:10 PM
    Location
    Issan/Bangkok/Hue Hin
    Posts
    115
    Hi strongarm care to part with any details on where you found this condo? As I am as always looking for places.

    Cheers

  8. #8
    Member Strongarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Online
    10-06-2018 @ 07:39 PM
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymck View Post
    Hi strongarm care to part with any details on where you found this condo? As I am as always looking for places.

    Cheers
    Its the Supalai Premier Condo's at Ratchada-Narathivas-Sathorn.

    The apartment we have rented is a private rental via the apartment owner, however I believe there are other apartments available by contacting the building manager.

    Fully furnished One bedroom. Garden View, 52.5 sq.m.
    Close to shops and restaurants, next to Lotus Naratiwas and Opposite Central rama3. LCD TV32", Microwave, Refrigerator, A/C, Water heater, Fitness, sauna, swiming pool and security 24 hrs.

    http://supalaibangkok.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •