Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Member Scandinavian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 04:18 AM
    Location
    The Kok
    Posts
    753

    Rent 'luxury' car in Bangkok?

    Hi,

    Anybody know of a place where I can rent a Benz or BMW in Bangkok? I'll drive myself, so no driver needed.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    DroversDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    19-10-2014 @ 06:21 AM
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian View Post
    Hi,

    Anybody know of a place where I can rent a Benz or BMW in Bangkok? I'll drive myself, so no driver needed.

    Thanks
    Why do you want to drive in Bangkok? If you do, get something small but very strong and that you have no problem getting scratched.

  3. #3
    Member Scandinavian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 04:18 AM
    Location
    The Kok
    Posts
    753
    ??? I've been driving cars in Bangkok for the last 12 years or so, many people do drive cars in Bangkok you know.

    Would never ever consider sitting in something "small and strong" just in case I get a scratch. That's what insurances are for, not that I ever has had any problem with scratches in BKK.
    Maybe I'm just a damn good driver.
    -- I'm not completely useless. I can be used as a bad example. --

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    DroversDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    19-10-2014 @ 06:21 AM
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian View Post
    Maybe I'm just a damn good driver.
    Dream on..... It doesn't matter how good you are as there are more then you on the road.

  5. #5
    Member Scandinavian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 04:18 AM
    Location
    The Kok
    Posts
    753
    ^As I said, I never has "scratched" a car in BKK no matter how many others were on the road. Crappy drivers get their vehicle scratched.

    Here's more to shock you, Cautious Carol: I drive a 1000cc superbike in BKK almost every day, never had a problem with that either in all these years.

  6. #6
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    I would check with one of the larger car dealers. Renting a Benz is going to cost you around 7k baht a day. Bit of a waste of money imo. But hey it's your money, you do what you want with it.

    Just rent a big Honda and donate the rest to some orphanage, much more merit in that than showing off in fancy European piece of junk.

    If you got that kind of money to throw around why not just buy a bright yellow RUF Porsche. That way you wont fail to get noticed and you'll have a really zippy car to drive. The Benz's around here are dogs.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    Bit of a waste of money imo
    Some of us wouldn't waste 350baht on a burger, whether it came with coleslaw or not Money spent on renting a top of the line BMW is money well spent.

  8. #8
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    31-10-2014 @ 08:22 AM
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian
    Rent 'luxury' car in Bangkok?
    How long you been here did you say 12 days?

    Get yourself some pussy and a cheap set of wheels

  9. #9
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    20-06-2012 @ 03:24 PM
    Posts
    5,528
    What is the end result you wish to achieve driving a high end car such as a Benz?

  10. #10
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    http://www.mastercarrental.com

    They rent BMW Series 7 & Z4 and Benz S Class
    Approx 9k per day
    You have to register online first
    Last edited by Thetyim; 01-06-2011 at 09:32 AM.

  11. #11
    Member Scandinavian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 04:18 AM
    Location
    The Kok
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim View Post
    http://www.mastercarrental.com

    They rent BMW Series 7 & Z4 and Benz S Class
    Approx 9k per day
    You have to register online first
    Thanks mate!

  12. #12
    sabaii sabaii
    Guest
    ^ There are parking spaces outside the Sportsman, if you fancy spunking more dough on overpriced stuff.

    Go in and tell them you know Earl


  13. #13
    Member Scandinavian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 04:18 AM
    Location
    The Kok
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by sabaii sabaii View Post
    ^ There are parking spaces outside the Sportsman, if you fancy spunking more dough on overpriced stuff.

    Go in and tell them you know Earl

    Ok, I might do that, if the service is good there. Thanks...

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Agent_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    17-05-2019 @ 01:58 AM
    Location
    Pre-Apocalyptic Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian
    I drive a 1000cc superbike

    Ooooooh, a superbike! Can it leap tall buildings and such?

  15. #15
    Member Scandinavian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 04:18 AM
    Location
    The Kok
    Posts
    753
    Yesss it sure can. If I activate the turbo-hyper boost.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian View Post
    ^As I said, I never has "scratched" a car in BKK no matter how many others were on the road. Crappy drivers get their vehicle scratched.

    Here's more to shock you, Cautious Carol: I drive a 1000cc superbike in BKK almost every day, never had a problem with that either in all these years.
    I want some answers too.

    I want to rent something rear wheel drive, manual trans and enough hp to break the tires loose on dry pavement.

  17. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    01-08-2011 @ 03:33 PM
    Posts
    2

    What about volvo s80?

    Hello
    We have Volvo s80'S for rent if you are interested
    Please call 0813748380
    Thank you

  18. #18
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian View Post
    ^As I said, I never has "scratched" a car in BKK no matter how many others were on the road. Crappy drivers get their vehicle scratched.

    Here's more to shock you, Cautious Carol: I drive a 1000cc superbike in BKK almost every day, never had a problem with that either in all these years.
    I want some answers too.

    I want to rent something rear wheel drive, manual trans and enough hp to break the tires loose on dry pavement.

    A Hemi Cuda!

  19. #19
    Member Scandinavian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 04:18 AM
    Location
    The Kok
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee123 View Post
    Hello
    We have Volvo s80'S for rent if you are interested
    Please call 0813748380
    Thank you
    Mmm... not really what I'm looking for...but how much are they per day/week?

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,997
    buying, renting and driving high end cars is for suckers and those who, for some strange reason (a) need their egos feeding and (b) feel the necessity to impress other equally superficial people who somehow believe that the driver of such a vehicle is blessed with the same superficial qualities as the drones who appear in the advertisements.

    cars are just another domestic product, like a toaster or washing maching, to be used and abused until they fall to pieces when they are replaced.

    people who buy into marketing, advertising and branding hype are innately stupid.

  21. #21
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    ^ ^

    55,000 baht per month

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    aw couldnt you at least MKP the crap ?

  23. #23
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    01-08-2011 @ 03:33 PM
    Posts
    2

    Rates for volvo s80

    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee123 View Post
    Hello
    We have Volvo s80'S for rent if you are interested
    Please call 0813748380
    Thank you
    Mmm... not really what I'm looking for...but how much are they per day/week?
    1-6 Days = 5000/day
    7-21 Days = 4000 /Day
    22+ Days = 3150 /Day
    Or special monthly rate 55,000/month

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    18-08-2014 @ 10:32 AM
    Posts
    101
    Just check the advertisements in the Bangkok Post...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •