Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1
    Member
    njdesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    652

    Any "Members Only" Places in BKK

    Having my wedding ceremony in March next year and three of my cousins from India are coming. They've only lived in India their whole life, so they are prime candidates to show up in the Pattaya News as three drugged Indians who were robbed after mistaking a ladyboy for a women and negotiating a 200 baht blowjob.

    I've told them to behave or else when they are in Sisaket. When we get to Bangkok, I know they will want to go some go-go bar or beer bar. It's been about four years since I've been in a go-go bar. Last I remember, I was denied entry to Rainbow in Nana because they don't allow Indians in. Are a lot of bars like this in Nana still? Are bars in Cowboy no problem? Is there a new area that opened up that wasn't there four years ago? Any bar areas or specific bars we can definitely get into with no problems? Again, they will be typical tightwads bobbing their heads and smelling like curry.


  2. #2
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Posts
    28,173
    You can try The Office Bar in Sukhumvit Soi 33 mate.

    I am sure Bob the owner will welcome you.

    I have seen Indian businessmen in there regularly and if I'm there I will buy you a congratulatory beer.

    With regard to Indians being welcome in other bars I am not sure mate and I do hope you don't have any problems.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Yeah, what Loy Toy said, last few years, I've always brought some indian friends to various bars after the Bangkok Sixes. We've never had trouble getting in various bars on Cowboy or Nana.

  4. #4
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Burning Down a Pikey Caravan
    Posts
    17,230
    The bars will let them in, I doubt many of the girls will be interested in them though. Just a fact in Thailand.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Not a fact, EN. these guys have always been able to bring a girl or two home if they desire.

  6. #6
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Burning Down a Pikey Caravan
    Posts
    17,230
    ^Are they typical tightwads bobbing their heads and smelling like curry?

  7. #7
    Sprayed On Member
    The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Not in the willage
    Posts
    11,684
    One of my best mates is Indian. Weve never had a problem at any bar or club anywhere in Bangkok.

  8. #8
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Posts
    28,173
    ^ I expect that your mate dresses quite well and looks like he can buy a few drinks Princey.

    Whilst I disagree with some bar's policies about not letting certain races onto the premises I have seen people refused entry into quite a few bars.

    In Pattaya they even put signs up announcing that they will not serve Arabs and Indians.

  9. #9
    Member
    HollyGoodhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    12-10-2017 @ 01:56 PM
    Posts
    997
    What's the bobbing head thing all about?

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy
    In Pattaya they even put signs up announcing that they will not serve Arabs and Indians.
    Why's that then ?

  11. #11
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Burning Down a Pikey Caravan
    Posts
    17,230
    Quote Originally Posted by jandajoy
    Why's that then ?
    Because the majority of the girls who work there don't like them would be a good guess.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,776
    ^It actually stemmed from when the majority of English bars were owned by skin heads, a long long time ago.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles
    Because the majority of the girls who work there don't like them would be a good guess.
    Really not interested in your "guesses". They're irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    It actually stemmed from when the majority of English bars were owned by skin heads, a long long time ago.
    That's a bit sad.

    How did a bundle of skins get to own/run a bundle of bars ?

  14. #14
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Burning Down a Pikey Caravan
    Posts
    17,230
    Quote Originally Posted by jandajoy
    They're irrelevant.
    You should be able to really relate to them then.

  15. #15
    Member
    njdesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGoodhead View Post
    What's the bobbing head thing all about?
    When I have to speak Hindi with older relatives, I start bobbing my head also without even being conscious of it. It's just part of the rhythm of the language is the best way I can describe it.

    Office Bar looks like a decent place for a drink and would probably go on my own there. I think they are looking for the more over the top go-go bar atmosphere.

    Guess we'll take our chances in Cowboy for the one night. Bar scene used to be fun for me, but after the illusion is gone, the whole fookin thing is tedious. Nevertheless, it will be fun watching them act like twats.

    After that, plan on dropping them off to the bus station on Sukhumvit where they can take the whore express down to Pattaya.

  16. #16
    Sprayed On Member
    The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Not in the willage
    Posts
    11,684
    Quote Originally Posted by njdesi
    When I have to speak Hindi with older relatives, I start bobbing my head also without even being conscious of it. It's just part of the rhythm of the language is the best way I can describe it.
    My mate starts bobbing when ever he is speaking Hindi on the phone or to his dad. His dad never does it though. Has it got anything to do with position in the family?

  17. #17
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Burning Down a Pikey Caravan
    Posts
    17,230
    Normally performed by the listener as a sign of agreement of what the speaker is saying. Such that the speaker perceives there is 'no problem' with what is being said and the conversation can proceed uninterrupted.


    Here's a good one.


  18. #18
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    02-02-2019 @ 08:41 AM
    Location
    54N
    Posts
    11,353
    Perhaps they dont let the indian head wagglers in the bars , cos thats just the kind of thing the Brits are trying to get away from , spend a few grand on a holiday and get to sit in a bar thinking , you have just saved up all year to feel like you're in Bradford ,

  19. #19
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by njdesi View Post

    Office Bar looks like a decent place for a drink and would probably go on my own there.
    With many very pretty ladies looking eager to please.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles
    Are they typical tightwads bobbing their heads and smelling like curry?
    I can assure you that Desi certainly isn't like this. He's clean-cut and a gentleman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy
    You can try The Office Bar in Sukhumvit Soi 33 mate.
    Most of the bars on 33 would welcome you and your cousins. It can be a bit hit or miss on 33, but I know Van Gogh's and Degas used to have evenings that ended up being a bit 'mad'.

    Maybe Patpong would be better than Cowboy for a first time visitor? Just stay away from the pokey little upstairs bars.

  21. #21
    Tax Consultant
    Thormaturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,892
    I've never heard of Indians having difficulty with the ladies here.

    Pakistanis, yes. Something to do with them treating women like garbage.

  22. #22
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog View Post

    Most of the bars on 33 would welcome you and your cousins..
    Went to one with my cousin and Loy Toy last year.

  23. #23
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Thormaturge View Post
    I've never heard of Indians having difficulty with the ladies here.

    Pakistanis, yes. Something to do with them treating women like garbage.
    And smelling like garbage as well...

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat Bobcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,842
    If you go to Cowboy, don't go to long Gun. They used to operate that policy and I assume still do.

    Don't give them the satisfaction.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    Quote Originally Posted by njdesi
    I was denied entry to Rainbow in Nana because they don't allow Indians in
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince
    One of my best mates is Indian. Weve never had a problem at any bar or club anywhere in Bangkok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy
    In Pattaya they even put signs up announcing that they will not serve Arabs and Indians.
    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles
    Because the majority of the girls who work there don't like them would be a good guess.
    nothing to do with the girls

    the owners don't like them because they often have problems with them, not paying their bills, grabbing the girls, usually because they drink too much and are not used to it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •