Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Gallowspole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,922

    Suwannaphumi to Nong Khai Bus

    I will be arriving at Suwannaphumi at 8pm - so will miss the flights and overnight train to Nong Khai. I really don't want to spend a night in BKK so was wondering if anyone has any info on the bus from the airport to Nong Khai?

    There was one 2 years ago which left at 9pm - is this still available?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    18-05-2019 @ 10:49 PM
    Posts
    16,638
    Perhaps this will work cut and pasted., from your info, I looked up the weblink and rang the Transport co. 02-1344099. 1 trip daily, 9.00pm from the shuttle bus station, 454 bahts, 40 seats bus, 621 km, 9 hours ride. The bus is not very full for today (Tues 8.9.09) and tomorrow.this will help, here is a phone number.

    Public Bus Service to other provinces.
    Bus Number 389 - Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya
    Bus Number 390 - Suvarnabhumi Airport - Talad Rong Kluea
    Bus Number 825 - Suvarnabhumi Airport - NongKhai

  3. #3
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    09-07-2011 @ 12:54 AM
    Posts
    3,536
    Geezz!! That's some serious dislike for Bangkok, don't go to Bangkok then stay outside in the burbs, but hell you'd be sleeping the entire time versus 9 hours of discomfort on a bus, the cost of hotel room, maybe even saving money?? I don't get it..........

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Gallowspole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,922
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Perhaps this will work cut and pasted., from your info, I looked up the weblink and rang the Transport co. 02-1344099. 1 trip daily, 9.00pm from the shuttle bus station, 454 bahts, 40 seats bus, 621 km, 9 hours ride. The bus is not very full for today (Tues 8.9.09) and tomorrow.this will help, here is a phone number.

    Public Bus Service to other provinces.
    Bus Number 389 - Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya
    Bus Number 390 - Suvarnabhumi Airport - Talad Rong Kluea
    Bus Number 825 - Suvarnabhumi Airport - NongKhai
    Thanks very much. Much appreciated.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    18-05-2019 @ 10:49 PM
    Posts
    16,638
    Pleasure, good luck.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    99 and 999 Khon Song Bus Company Tel. 0-4222-1489 Do VIP Buses from Swampy to Udon. Then you breakfast with me at the Clock before continuing to NK on another bus.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Gallowspole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog View Post
    99 and 999 Khon Song Bus Company Tel. 0-4222-1489 Do VIP Buses from Swampy to Udon. Then you breakfast with me at the Clock before continuing to NK on another bus.
    Can't you give me a backer on your yellow peril to NK?

    I'll only have my laptop and 24 600g jars of Vegemite.

  8. #8
    Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    14-10-2016 @ 02:58 PM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    513
    you wouldn't rather fly to Udon while yor at the airport ?

    Mark

  9. #9
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingForce View Post
    Geezz!! That's some serious dislike for Bangkok, I don't get it..........
    Bangkok is a very scary place with all those evil body parts snatcher people!

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    Gallowspole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    you wouldn't rather fly to Udon while yor at the airport ?

    Mark
    I arrive too late.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowspole
    Can't you give me a backer on your yellow peril to NK?
    I can give you a lift on the Wave. The Yellow Peril has been stripped for a respray and carb overhaul.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowspole
    I'll only have my laptop and 24 600g jars of Vegemite.
    Are you gay?

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Gallowspole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,922
    What a man and his jar of vegemite get up to behind closed doors does not a pooftah make.

  14. #14
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowspole
    I'll only have my laptop and 24 600g jars of Vaseline.
    Are you gay?
    Fixed.

  15. #15
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    28-03-2012 @ 03:40 AM
    Posts
    99
    Hi,,

    Do you know if 999 company is the only one with 24 seats comfortable busses from Bangkok to NONG KHAI ?

    Where to get the bus in Bkk, Suvarnabhumi airport and MOCHIT ?

    Thanks.

  16. #16
    Member
    Aussie Tigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    05-12-2015 @ 06:03 PM
    Location
    udon thani thailand /Adelaide South Australia
    Posts
    958
    If this is your first time take others advice, get a 250 baht ride into bkk, hotel for 900 baht,then plane to udon thani in the morning.No hassles getting from Udon to Nong Kai.I used to bus from BKK to Chumpae each time. Now living in Udon I arrive fresh and the cost is so minimal.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    I've used the bus a few times, and I agree with Tigger, that the plane is much, much better.

  18. #18
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    28-03-2012 @ 03:40 AM
    Posts
    99
    Hi,

    Do you know at what time the NONG KHAI bus to Suvarnabhumi airport leaves ?

    Thanks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •