Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51
  1. #1
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754

    Exclamation Farang University/College in Bkk required

    I desperately need to do a course to learn professional movie editing software such as Final Cut or Adobe Premier. I was thinking of returning to the UK and finding a course over there but it would probably be cheaper to stay here, and nicer of course - I would probably also be eligible for a student ED visa which would be perfect.

    Question is, can I do such a course here in Bangkok and how do I go about finding the right university?

    A Google comes up with BUIC which seems to specilise in multimedia - I will give them a call to get a more specific answer but thought I'd pop in here also because you guys have always been useful in the past.

    Cheers.

    Just gave them a call and they said unless I can read or write Thai then I can't do the course which is 45,000 per semester.

    They suggested ABEC, but I can't find the website.

    Google is not my friend - Maddie was wrong!
    "I'm an outsider by choice, but not truly. It's the unpleasantness of the system that keeps me out. I'd rather be in, in a good system. That's where my discontent comes from: being forced to choose to stay outside.
    My advice: Just keep movin' straight ahead. Every now and then you find yourself in a different place."

    George Carlin

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    madjbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    15-07-2015 @ 01:49 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,531
    ABAC not ABEC

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    madjbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    15-07-2015 @ 01:49 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,531
    I just had a quick look at their website and they do offer a course in "Advanced Multimedia Editing", but it is a part of a degree program so it might not be possible for you to just go to that class. They might offer some independent courses not on the website as well, best to give them a ring.

  4. #4
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    Jurassic Park! ..have a green Jibs.

  5. #5
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    They suggested ABEC, but I can't find the website.

    Google is not my friend - Maddie was wrong!
    Google is your friend if you can get the four letters you need to search with right.

    A Google comes up with BUIC which seems to specilise in multimedia - I will give them a call to get a more specific answer but thought I'd pop in here also because you guys have always been useful in the past.
    Cheeky sod, you asked this question on thaivisa last week.

  6. #6
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    I've got a friend who has studied this, but I think he did a full 2-3 year course and final cut was just part of it.

    Have you downloaded any ebooks on the programme as suggested last year when you desperately needed to learn Final Cut?

    I would guess you don't need to know the ins and outs of every part of the programme, but just enough to make your vids for now. A decent ebook will probably be sufficient.

  7. #7
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    I need to buy the E-Book though, but because I'm an anarchist who refuses to have a credit card and can't get a Paypal account I don't see how I could get it anyway.

    Books are dull anyway.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp
    but because I'm an anarchist who refuses to have a credit card
    anarchist? or you just have a shit credit rating...

  9. #9
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    ^ Neither really - I no longer exist in the UK, don't even have a bank account and hardly any mates left.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    17-05-2011 @ 06:41 AM
    Posts
    131
    Doing a course would be a waste of money, you are better of buying a book and working through it. It can be hard work and daunting at times but the experience you gain is far better. I also wouldn't bother to learn Adobe Premier it's for the domestic market, Final cut pro is better and more intuitive. If you do need to do a course the best place would be in the UK, skillset do some good courses for final cut pro which are about 1 week long but very expensive.

  11. #11
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp View Post
    I need to buy the E-Book though, but because I'm an anarchist who refuses to have a credit card and can't get a Paypal account I don't see how I could get it anyway.

    Books are dull anyway.
    Are you being serious or are you just trolling for fun now?

    I find it hard to believe that you are so thick you still think you can not get a paypal account in Thailand without a credit card even though you have been told you can many times now.

    I'm happy to help if you really can't do it yourself, and I often feel obliged to since you have come across before as a decent enough guy.

    But if you are just on here to waste people's time with your inane questions purely because you are too lazy to go find out the answers yourself then can I ask you stop because it's waste of everyone's time and some of us don't have a property in the UK to fall back on should things not go smoothly.

    Now I will tell you two things, that have been told to you several times before by myself and others.

    1. You can open a paypal account with a Thai bank account and no credit card.

    2. You can download ebooks for free.

    And there you go, I've fulfilled my obligation to help you out yet again with something at a cost of my time because you are too lazy to bother checking into these things yourself past making the odd telephone call and asking members here for your help.

    You are staring to cry wolf one too many times Scamp, I doubt anybody will be bothered to help you with anything soon.

    To be honest if you can't even manage to start to open a paypal account in Thailand by yourself then you have no chance of passing any uni course, or setting up a business here. You just haven't got the brain power for it. You'd be better of back in England working a job that doesn't require too much thought.

    And yes, had plenty of cigarettes today.
    Last edited by bkkmadness; 10-04-2008 at 06:24 PM.

  12. #12
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    What a completely selfish waste of space you are Scamp. I've seen you ask about 20 stupid questions in the last month alone, yet in years of posting on forums I don't think I recall you ever helping out anyone with advice or an answer to their problem.

    It's not even the fact you keep asking these stupid questions, it's the fact that you ignore the answers that people take time to give you and still whine on about having the same problem later.

    But I guess no one's time is as important as yours is it.

  13. #13
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    ^^ Ok, I've been doing other stuff today regarding the course but it's now too late to go into my local SCB and say "Thanks for all your effort the other day, but apparently you're wrong, could I see the manager just to clarify this? Don't worry I'm not making a complaint against you, you were very helpful the other day but more than one cyber colleague on this forum I'm a member of says that I CAN get a Paypal account without a credit card or WP."

    I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just telling you what happened.

  14. #14
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    And surely you read in my reply on the other topic about not taking SCB's word for it and checking it out yourself with the other banks?

    I even named the banks for you.

    Someone even pointed you towards Thaivisa where there are several threads about setting up a paypal account with a Thai bank account.

    Now what's your excuse time waster?
    Last edited by bkkmadness; 10-04-2008 at 06:00 PM.

  15. #15
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    Just checked that thread, a few people took the time out of their day to give you advice about setting up a paypal account without a work permit in Thailand.

    This was your usual clever reply.

    ^ I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, but to get a work permit I need to be legal and to be legal I need to pay and to pay I need money and to get money I need to work and to work I need a Paypal account and to get a Paypal account I need a work permit, savvy?
    Waste of everyone's time, getting a bit boring now isn't it.

  16. #16
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by bkkmadness View Post
    What a completely selfish waste of space you are Scamp. I've seen you ask about 20 stupid questions in the last month alone, yet in years of posting on forums I don't think I recall you ever helping out anyone with advice or an answer to their problem.

    It's not even the fact you keep asking these stupid questions, it's the fact that you ignore the answers that people take time to give you and still whine on about having the same problem later.

    But I guess no one's time is as important as yours is it.
    Just hold your horses there mate, how do you know I haven't helped anyone in Thailand?

    You don't, you assume - people on the forum generally don't ask me for help because I am one of the clowns here, I'm just here for fun - I have a serious side and I have taken advice when it has been viable to do so, I may not have advertised it but I will always say thankyou via PM.

    People I have helped may not always be a member of Thai Visa or Teak Door but if somebody asks me I will help in anyway I can, it may not be much compared to the advice of others but I've just finished doing some wedding invitations as a freebie favour for a friend in China who can't afford to get any done over there.

    There's a guy who owes me 6,000 baht who I won't pester for it because he's up shit creek with a CP child. I get emails from cousins and friends of friends asking me advice via email before they come here for the first time, and I feel uncomfortable charging people for my video or design services which is nothing to be proud of I guess - it means I'm a shit businessman, but don't think I ignore advice, I just don't always take it.

    Laziness r.e. Google I have been guilty of I confess, as for the rest of your rant I think you need to take a step back. I have been on the phone to several uni's today and am trying to stay focused on it.

    To any voyers of this thread bkkmadness and I don't know each other outside the internet - believe it or not. That would at least give him more ground to stand on.

  17. #17
    Whopping Member
    benbaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    06-06-2017 @ 03:52 PM
    Location
    In the comfy chair
    Posts
    5,549
    I think at Thammasat University there's a Master's Degree in Adding Silly Noises to Comedy Show Pratfalls.

    Whizz. Boing. Splat.

  18. #18
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    There's ABEC and Bangkok International University, the staff at the atter keep passing the buck - I was put onto another but the website was al in Thai.

    bkkmadness, with respect - keep personal rants via PM or amicably in person as it's not nice to defame somebody you don't know in public. You're a good bloke, that I don't doubt, but I don't come on here to tell everybody what I AM doing, that's my real life priority.

    I come here mostly to take a break.

  19. #19
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bkkmadness View Post
    What a completely selfish waste of space you are Scamp. I've seen you ask about 20 stupid questions in the last month alone, yet in years of posting on forums I don't think I recall you ever helping out anyone with advice or an answer to their problem.

    It's not even the fact you keep asking these stupid questions, it's the fact that you ignore the answers that people take time to give you and still whine on about having the same problem later.

    But I guess no one's time is as important as yours is it.
    Just hold your horses there mate, how do you know I haven't helped anyone in Thailand?

    You don't, you assume - people on the forum generally don't ask me for help because I am one of the clowns here, I'm just here for fun - I have a serious side and I have taken advice when it has been viable to do so, I may not have advertised it but I will always say thankyou via PM.

    People I have helped may not always be a member of Thai Visa or Teak Door but if somebody asks me I will help in anyway I can, it may not be much compared to the advice of others but I've just finished doing some wedding invitations as a freebie favour for a friend in China who can't afford to get any done over there.

    There's a guy who owes me 6,000 baht who I won't pester for it because he's up shit creek with a CP child. I get emails from cousins and friends of friends asking me advice via email before they come here for the first time, and I feel uncomfortable charging people for my video or design services which is nothing to be proud of I guess - it means I'm a shit businessman, but don't think I ignore advice, I just don't always take it.

    Laziness r.e. Google I have been guilty of I confess, as for the rest of your rant I think you need to take a step back. I have been on the phone to several uni's today and am trying to stay focused on it.

    To any voyers of this thread bkkmadness and I don't know each other outside the internet - believe it or not. That would at least give him more ground to stand on.
    Scampy did you read where I said...

    "yet in years of posting on forums I don't think I recall you ever helping out anyone with advice or an answer to their problem."

    Honest to god, never seen you help someone out on this or any other forum. But see you asking for plenty of help. You want to try giving a little back instead of just taking all the time.

    But you have had your little stand of indignation now about how you are such a good guy and actually help out loads of people, but lets go back to the paypal.

    Why do you keep ignoring the advice people give you and continue to whine on about not having a paypal account?

    Do you honestly think you will be able to manage completing a course at uni?

    I think it's another fantasy thread myself, people will take the time to help you out with it, then you will forget all about it.

    You make these posts just for the attention don't you.

  20. #20
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp View Post
    T
    bkkmadness, with respect - keep personal rants via PM or amicably in person as it's not nice to defame somebody you don't know in public. You're a good bloke, that I don't doubt, but I don't come on here to tell everybody what I AM doing, that's my real life priority.
    Nope, I will rant away here as much as I like.

    It's not a rant for your sake Scampy, it's for the sake of other people on the board that bother taking their time to answer your stupid questions (many of which can answered with a 1 minute google search).

    You are a time wasting troll and I will call you out publicly on that.

    How else do you explain asking for advice about paypal, getting a lot of advice about it, and then ignoring it completely?

    Do you honestly think people have nothing better to do than try to help you out?

  21. #21
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    Why do you keep ignoring the advice people give you and continue to whine on about not having a paypal account?
    Have I mentioned it today?

    No, you know why? Because I now know there's two other banks I can try thanks to TD.com, I have found out the location of one of them not far from me and will go there before Monday.

    How else do you explain asking for advice about paypal, getting a lot of advice about it, and then ignoring it completely?
    How have I ignored it? ..By not bumping the thread?

    You make these posts just for the attention don't you.
    The fun ones are for attention, these are for confirmation. If you read the OP you will see that I did a Google and it turned out to be ABAC despite Google having a list under ABEC - in fact Google ABEC universtity Bangkok and you'll see a list with highlights.

    I'm sure your chivalry for other members of the forum will gratefully received, I don't see anyone else getting their knickers in a twist.

    There is no harm in asking on both forums, which I have. I discovered a private course in Apple movie editing 2 months ago but unless I want to fork out 4,000 baht a lesson I have to wait for others to make up a class and divide the cost. I didn't start a thread about it.

    And I'm sure I have offered advice or suggestions on this forum before, even if it's where to get a good Mexican dinner - it shouldn't matter, if I see a window to help then why wouldn't I?

    If what you are saying is gospel which you seem to believe it is then I would have gone back to England with my tail between my legs years ago.

    Do you honestly think people have nothing better to do than try to help you out?
    For goodness sake, if you know the answer - post it if you want! I don't expect people to pick up telephones for me. I've had PM's after saying I'd like an Empire Magazine for the UK offering to bring one and NR once offered to send me some flour - both of which I turned down.

    I don't want anybody going out of their way for me, just a straightforward answer if it is already known to the poster. If you have gone out of your way to offer advice and it hasn't been taken, then don't complain unless I start a thread saying I NEED ADVICE AND I WILL DEFINATELY TAKE IT.
    Last edited by The Gentleman Scamp; 10-04-2008 at 06:36 PM.

  22. #22
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp View Post
    but because I'm an anarchist who refuses to have a credit card and can't get a Paypal account I don't see how I could get it anyway.
    ^ earlier today

  23. #23
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    That silly little line has started all this and got you all het up???

    Alright I could have worded it with more seriousness, this wasn't the Paypal thread at the end of the day and I momentarily forgot about the other two banks I need to visit because my mind was on this and a myriad of other stuff.

    I'm genuinely sorry if it upset you.
    Last edited by The Gentleman Scamp; 10-04-2008 at 06:45 PM.

  24. #24
    bkkmadness
    Guest
    I'm sure your chivalry for other members of the forum will gratefully received, I don't see anyone else getting their knickers in a twist.
    A lot of people just ignore you now.

    "I've given up on the boy long ago"

    ^ comment on my repo board. And I don't think the poster meant it as a light hearted joke.

  25. #25
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    advice |ədˈvīs|
    noun
    guidance or recommendations concerning prudent future action, typically given by someone regarded as knowledgeable or authoritative : she visited the island on her friend's advice | even successful businessmen asked his advice.



    Advice is to be noted, not necessarily taken - but too many people think that because they have advised, it should be taken or else the receiver is ungrateful.

    Not all advice goes to waste, like I said I am only still here due to the guidance of others.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •