Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    watterinja
    Guest

    The falang BTS hustler

    I had an odd experience this afternoon on the Bangkok BTS system.

    I boarded at Asok, heading towards Onnut. A few seconds after taking my place near the rear of the carriage, I heard the tail end of a conversation between two falangs, which seemed to end in some sort of unhappy conclusion.

    Within a few seconds a balding westerner, in his late thirties, to early forties - balding, black hair, pony tail, yellow shirt, jeans, American accent - appeared to my left & proceeded to try & quiz me about my origins, how long I'd been in Thailand, my work, my destination ... The chatter was obviously moving towards something & I latched onto something odd within a few seconds of the tirade. (I'm not the kind of guy who normally tolerates this kind of accosting for too long - typically 5 seconds is enough).

    The chatter was interspersed with 'Bless you' & a few additional lead-in softeners. As he asked a question, I'd reply with one of my own - tying up his argument - this continued for some 20-odd seconds - already way past my patience level.

    When it got to the point of wanting to share a taxi - supposedly I was going in a direction vaguely near his destination of the new airport, I shut him down with - "You're bothering me" - repeated twice, at increasing level of firmness.

    He scooted off with a - "Ok then, have a good holiday season" - & disappeared towards the other end of the coach - presumably to try again.

    Anyone met this pest?

  2. #2
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    Probably MtD trying to show you his new tatoo !!!

  3. #3
    watterinja
    Guest
    ^

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by watterinja
    Anyone met this pest?
    masybe it was him maybe there is more. i had a bloke spinning me a story outside a niteclub once, girl had ribbed him needed money home for a taxi fare etc etc,

    mind u his speel started with "hi where u from?" or somthing similiar,

    and he needed 600 baht for his far home

  5. #5
    My kind of town
    chitown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,520
    So how much did you fork over??

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,776
    Should have given him 5baht and told him to take the bus

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by chitown
    So how much did you fork over??
    2/3 of fuck all!

  8. #8
    watterinja
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by watterinja
    Anyone met this pest?
    masybe it was him maybe there is more. i had a bloke spinning me a story outside a niteclub once, girl had ribbed him needed money home for a taxi fare etc etc,

    mind u his speel started with "hi where u from?" or somthing similiar,

    and he needed 600 baht for his far home
    Those were his first words... Got him...

    Ok then, my deflection worked out well then... he never managed to even get that far.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pleasantville
    Posts
    10,109
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    and he needed 600 baht for his far home
    Well if it was far, it may cost him that.

  10. #10
    watterinja
    Guest
    ^ Probably going to Pattaya...

  11. #11
    Mea-Culpa
    Dalton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    31-10-2018 @ 03:57 AM
    Location
    In the sticks.
    Posts
    7,389
    I think he must have been gay, trying to set up a date

  12. #12
    watterinja
    Guest
    He's bleedin' lucky he didn't get the tip of my brothel-creeper shoe up his arse...

  13. #13
    Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb
    Sir Burr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    16-06-2009 @ 09:54 AM
    Location
    Phuket.
    Posts
    4,668
    Balding with pony-tail. How gauche....

  14. #14
    Special member
    jizzybloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Burr
    Balding with pony-tail. How gauche....
    Not sure what gauche means, i think its focking sad!

  15. #15
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,609
    Quote Originally Posted by watterinja
    Anyone met this pest?
    No, I do everything to avoid using public transport as it is positively the best place to encounter fcukwits no matter where you are in the world.

  16. #16
    Not an expat
    Fabian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    04-09-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Location
    Hamburg, cold dark Germany
    Posts
    5,381
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    Should have given him 5baht and told him to take the bus
    The bus fare is 8.5 now.

  17. #17
    Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb
    Sir Burr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    16-06-2009 @ 09:54 AM
    Location
    Phuket.
    Posts
    4,668
    Quote Originally Posted by jizzybloke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Burr
    Balding with pony-tail. How gauche....
    Not sure what gauche means, i think its focking sad!
    Close enough.

  18. #18
    Member tuferguson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    24-02-2019 @ 08:06 PM
    Location
    On the moon
    Posts
    417
    I had an alternate version a while back.

    I was taking photos of the emporium from the bts station one night and this guy came up and started chatting to me - you into photography etc etc and a little small talk ensued but he was a bit creepy in the psychotic looking kind of way so I kept on moving supposedly to take photos then when I thought I had got rid of him he followed me to the exits and squeezed through the barriers with me.

    The cheapskate bastard hadnt got a ticket to get out! He then ran off down one of the walkways.


    Is that other farang beggar still about on the BTS supposedly saving for his ticket home? Havent heard about or seen him in a while.
    You dont pay them to stay for the night, you pay them to leave in the morning

  19. #19
    Mea-Culpa
    Dalton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    31-10-2018 @ 03:57 AM
    Location
    In the sticks.
    Posts
    7,389
    Quote Originally Posted by watterinja
    He's bleedin' lucky he didn't get the tip of my brothel-creeper shoe up his arse...
    He would see that as rough fore-play

  20. #20
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    Quote Originally Posted by tuferguson
    Is that other farang beggar still about on the BTS supposedly saving for his ticket home? Havent heard about or seen him in a while.
    saw him there about 2 weeks ago in Chitlom, a nice kunying in her 60s felt very concerned about him and gave him 1000 THB, she was trying to help and asking questions or maybe she was just happy to send another farang home, the cocksucking bitch

  21. #21
    watterinja
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tuferguson View Post
    I had an alternate version a while back.

    I was taking photos of the emporium from the bts station one night and this guy came up and started chatting to me - you into photography etc etc and a little small talk ensued but he was a bit creepy in the psychotic looking kind of way so I kept on moving supposedly to take photos then when I thought I had got rid of him he followed me to the exits and squeezed through the barriers with me.

    The cheapskate bastard hadnt got a ticket to get out! He then ran off down one of the walkways.
    I'd bet it was the same pest. A very slick talker who seems to blend his patter to suit the situation.

    In our very short encounter, he swung into my probe questions very quickly & gave himself away. After that the case was closed. A very pushy character & someone I'd rather not give the time of day. An obvious conman - who leaves one with a very creepy feeling.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •