Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Kindle Question

  1. #1
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-08-2019 @ 06:08 PM
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    44,718

    Kindle Question

    Through CMN's good suggestion(s) I've downloaded a truck-load (>1K) of books off the Kindle Library via utorrent.

    No problems extracting them to the C Drive on my laptop but when I'm transferring them to my Kindle Paperwhite, the ones I'm shifting over do not appear on the menus on the Kindle?

    I can see everything I've transferred looking at the F Drive (Kindle) from my laptop but fail to see them on the Kindle device?

    Kinda stumped at this point - any ideas?

    Cheers!
    BM
    A Deplorable Bitter Clinger

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    CNF55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Location
    Cha Am
    Posts
    2,233
    First of all - did you make sure that all the files are in the proper format (Mobi)?

    In any case, I would recommend to install 'Calibre'.
    Import all the files from your C-drive into Calibre where you can sort, convert (if necessary) and then send it to your Kindle. Works like a charm.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-08-2019 @ 06:08 PM
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    44,718
    Quote Originally Posted by CNF55 View Post
    First of all - did you make sure that all the files are in the proper format (Mobi)?

    In any case, I would recommend to install 'Calibre'.
    Import all the files from your C-drive into Calibre where you can sort, convert (if necessary) and then send it to your Kindle. Works like a charm.
    They are in Mobi.

    I can see them from my laptop on the F Drive and confirmed they are Mobi Files but when I do a search on the Kindle, they don't appear?

    What's the procedure for installing Calibre?

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    CNF55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Location
    Cha Am
    Posts
    2,233
    It really is a very simple program.

    Go to calibre-ebook.com

    Once you installed and opened the program you will see an icon 'Add books' in the top left corner. Click 'from a single directory' and you can then browse your hard drive for the files you want to import.

    Once you connected your Kindle to your laptop the icon 'Send to Device' will appear. Mark all the items in the library and press that icon and all your books will be sent to your Kindle.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat reinvented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Location
    top of soi 2
    Posts
    1,777
    with mine i often have to go into the kindle via the computer.
    once on kindle, then move them into documents on the kindle otherwise they dont show up
    hope that makes sense so:
    move to kindle
    click on kindle
    go in
    move the files to documents (on kindle)

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    16-08-2019 @ 06:08 PM
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    44,718
    Quote Originally Posted by CNF55 View Post
    It really is a very simple program.

    Go to calibre-ebook.com

    Once you installed and opened the program you will see an icon 'Add books' in the top left corner. Click 'from a single directory' and you can then browse your hard drive for the files you want to import.

    Once you connected your Kindle to your laptop the icon 'Send to Device' will appear. Mark all the items in the library and press that icon and all your books will be sent to your Kindle.
    Cheers, CNF - all good.

    Still don't know why I can't send Mobi files straight from my laptop to the Kindle and they show up on the main menu but show up when accessing the F Drive (Kindle) from my laptop.

    At any rate, this Calibre program works as advertised. Thanks again!

  7. #7
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee
    this Calibre program works as advertised
    it is an excellent program - you will be able to convert other formats to the .mobi filetype when you need to

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by reinvented View Post
    with mine i often have to go into the kindle via the computer.
    once on kindle, then move them into documents on the kindle otherwise they dont show up
    hope that makes sense so:
    move to kindle
    click on kindle
    go in
    move the files to documents (on kindle)
    Yep, my answer too. No need to download calibre.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •