Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello World
    Last Online
    @

Thai passport for my nipper

I want to get my son his Thai passport over the next month or so as my wifes is also due to expire. When I got my eldests passport we went to that place in Bangkok in a car park in some godawful shopping centre as I recall.

As we live outside of BKK now I was wondering if there are any other places where I could get the passports done in the north of the country like Chiang Mai or Khon Kaen for example, or is Bangkok the only place they get issued.
    The Geek Shall Inherit The Earth

Last Online
    @
    You can get in done in Chiang Mai also (at the main Govt. Administrative building; the one off Canal Rd.).

Peice of piss it is too. Took us about 30min (for two) and they were delievered to us 3 or 4 days later.

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    Bladdy internets been of most of the day.

I cant remember if they were done and issued on the same day in BKK. Has anyone done one recently?

If not Im up for a trip to Chiang Mai as Ive never been there before.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    13-11-2023 @ 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by melvbot View Post
    Bladdy internets been of most of the day.

I cant remember if they were done and issued on the same day in BKK. Has anyone done one recently?

If not Im up for a trip to Chiang Mai as Ive never been there before.
    We did our sons back in 2005 in Nontaburi, and it was done on the spot. You need not go to Bangkok. According to the wife, you can call the ministry (or whatever it is) at 02-981-7171 in Bangkok, and they should be able to tell you the nearest location to where you are.
    Any error in tact, fact or spelling is purely due to transmissional errors...

Boxed Member
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    Just did my daughters couple months ago. Not same day anymore...I think it used to be.

But very easy to do here and efficient....first time for everything I guess.

It is not in the shopping centre any more, they moved out to a huge new building on the way to Don Muang and turn left towards Muang Thong Thani.

I think it is ready 5 days later. make sure your name is spelt correct on all docs with 2 kids...make sure spelt same on each page of the house book for each child.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawty View Post
    It is not in the shopping centre any more, they moved out to a huge new building on the way to Don Muang and turn left towards Muang Thong Thani.
    Please note - there is more than one place that does passports. I know the place you are referring to, but according to the wife, we'll be going to a place on "our" (west) side of the Chao Praya this time around.

And nawty is correct - it is no longer done on the same day. They can mail the passport to you, though - there is no need to go there a second time around.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    19-08-2021 @ 01:55 PM
    Is there a passport office in central bangkok?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-01-2018 @ 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeg View Post
    Is there a passport office in central bangkok?
    We got our boys.. at a place beside central pink lao mall , big tall office block.

Last Online
    30-10-2015 @ 10:42 PM

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    Looks like theres on in Khon Kaen as well, a bit closer than Chiang Mai.

Anyone used the Khon Kaen one recently?

ding ding ding
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by melvbot
    Anyone used the Khon Kaen one recently?
    Not personally but my gf did get one from the Khon Kaen office last week. Went in on Monday and it arrived via EMS post on the Friday. She is Thai. I dont have any experience of going to that office myself, sorry.
    Just over a thousand baht she paid, i think.

Office location in KK Here

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    Wonder why theyre called temporary passport offices? Temporary passports or temporary offices?
    I'll get the wifey to call up and ask, she was under the impression that you had to go to Bangkok, then the crazy farang said there must be more than one issuing office. Sure you can guess the rest.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    OK - just back from getting a passport for my youngest one. This time around we went to the Thanalongkorn (?) building on Pink Lao, just opposite Central Pink Lao. Office opens at 8.30. The building itself has a huge sign saying "Ministry of Culture" (in English) on top. Passport office was on the 15th floor. They required that we show the following:

1) Birth certificate
    2) My passport
    3) Wife's ID card

All originals - no copies allowed or required. The little rascal was photographed and fingerprinted, and both of us had to sign the application form. Then the wife went to pay, and I went downstairs with junior for a coffee.

The whole process from we arrived to we both left the office took less than 20 minutes! It is rare that Thais impress me with their efficiency, but I was well and truely gobsmacked.

Oh yeah - pass port is ready for pick-up on Wednesday next week, although they can deliver by courier as well, I believe for a small charge.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteshiva View Post
    The whole process from we arrived to we both left the office took less than 20 minutes! It is rare that Thais impress me with their efficiency, but I was well and truely gobsmacked.
    Pretty much exactly same experience and impressions I had. Did take us a wee bit longer as we were doing both boys at once but still. I was even more impressed when the passports themselves arrived by EMS at our house only a few days later.

Contrast that with the process for getting my boys New Zealand passports, it has been 4mths so far (and counting). Although to be fair that also involves citizenship applications.

Last Online
    @
    Whiteshiva

Was the child born in Thailand?

If born outside as mine were they were required to be on a tabien baan before they could renew.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcock View Post
    Whiteshiva

Was the child born in Thailand?

If born outside as mine were they were required to be on a tabien baan before they could renew.
    Born here.

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    Im off to BKK to finally do my nippers Thai book. If anyones been and knows of any updates I'd be happy to hear them. Im planning on going to the Pinklao place unless anyone knows any different.

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    Well I went to the Embassy today to apply, I havent had to go for a few years and I still have the memories of getting there before it opens to queue with a load of Chang vest top and sandal wearing scum trying to drag some Pattaya slapper back to the UK to shag for a week then get cleaned out for a lifetime.

On the Embassy website it says it opens at 0830 so I turned into Wireless road at 0800 expecting the Chang vests to be out in force, not one. I suddenly remembered that all the scum are now applying for visa's at the VFS office, lovely I thought, I'll just have to wait for 30 mins until it opens. Up to the new (to me) entrance bit and she said go straight in, aah I thought, the scum must be inside. Nope, there were only 2 other people in the queue in front of me, not a Chang vest in sight.

Theres a sign up inside saying it now opens at 0800, no idea how new this is but it was very welcome.

I dont think theres a time limit on registering a birth, I'll find out in 10 days when they EMS me out the passport I guess.

On the whole Ive got to say I wish every time I went there it was like that, all in all a pleasant and refreshing experience, unless they deny me anything Ivr paid for then theyre all cnuts.

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    Now Songkrans done and dusted I need to get the Thai passport for my youngest.

Does anyone know if or how you can get the Thai passport with the mother being absent?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    My experience is, In BKK its always applied for and ready next working day, up country it takes 4 days Min to get receipt.
    If you get a declaration for the Amphur office, which the mother needs to sign she doesn't need to be present, or if you have sole custody with a court order.

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    My experience is, In BKK its always applied for and ready next working day, up country it takes 4 days Min to get receipt.
    If you get a declaration for the Amphur office, which the mother needs to sign she doesn't need to be present, or if you have sole custody with a court order.
    I'll check out the declaration but theres a good chance she won't be around to sign it. Gonna be tricky if she isnt.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I dunno how you get on in that case Melv, maybe have to go to court to get a custody order.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by melvbot
    I'll check out the declaration but theres a good chance she won't be around to sign it. Gonna be tricky if she isnt.
    Just get another Thai chick to sign it. All Thai signatures seem to be just their name written in Thai, so it should be easy enough.

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    Suppose its worth a shot, they can only refuse it.

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    Does anyone know if the passport offices in Bangkok (pinklao,bang na etc) will be open again this week?

Called already and no answer/no message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information