Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In transit to Valhalla

Last Online
    @
    You should never marry for any other reasons than love.

Last Online
    23-11-2023 @ 04:03 AM
    Hey thanks everone for the input. I am currently living with a fairly educated lady and i see no reason to marry now. I own a company in the states and have been here for 4 months now and do not want to go home now. I am on a non imigrant visa here. And can stay for one year. But want to stay longer. I have a pension and now will close my company in the states to stay here. I guess i am lucky so far. She asks me for little money and helps me with all things. True .... she has two children from thai man... but not a problem now. She is 44 and children are grown. No one has ever asked me for money.... I hope that hammer never drops...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    23-05-2020 @ 05:51 PM
    ^Long con.

Last Online
    At present i have a non imminigrant "B" visa... Do you know if that can be changed to a retirement or work visa easily?
    Thanks

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    23-05-2020 @ 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by garyk View Post
    At present i have a non imminigrant "B" visa... Do you know if that can be changed to a retirement or work visa easily?
    Thanks
    Can be changed to a retirement i believe as long as you satisfy the criteria, as in over 50 and have 800,000 Thai baht in a Thai bank account for 3 months, although others on here will be able to tell you the current set of rules a lot better than i can.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy
    ^Long con.
    pretty much.

Boxed Member
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    brain clicking over at near a million miles an hour....ok slight exageration....brain clicking over at lesser rate than inflation....

RIP
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by garyk
    At present i have a non imminigrant "B" visa... Do you know if that can be changed to a retirement or work visa easily? Thanks
    I don't know about changing it to a NON O, but Thetyim does, but being an American you will either have to have 800k as Buriram says or an income from a pension or some source of 65,000 baht a month with a letter from the embassy as to that effect.
    I have a NON O Retirement and have has 7 or so extensions and I find CM the best place to get it done, plus the consulate is there and I hate BKK.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    09-07-2011 @ 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by garyk View Post
    Thanks
    I would give serious consideration to not letting your State side business go immediately as it is could well be a gift and before you undergo any visa changes. The benefits you get from opening an offshore subsidiary or branch for example provides for better visa conditions and potential cost savings than a retirement visa does..You can get longer term visas with fewer visa runs required as well as other various perks including significantly lower funding required, a work permit any or all of which could lower your visa fees or required visa runs, with a one year visa for example and only reporting every 90 days instead of visa runs every month..

As for the required monthly pension amount I believe I understood that because of the dollar devaluation making it more difficult for retirees to reside here they lowered it to 50,000b per month for US retirees some months back....

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by larvidchr View Post
    IMO, that's not a very good reason...

If you love someone and they love you, a ceremony & a piece of paper mean little... The only reason to marry is to legally bind you to your mate... Now, whether that's 14 minutes or a lifetime depends on the couple...
    Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    How long have you been in Asia?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    My Thai wife and I married for the same reasons most other people would choose to marry, as it happens we got married in Australia. The only 'benefit' I can think of is that I need less money in the bank to renew my annual Thai visa, but in return she has legal claim on my assets and vice versa.

If this is the way you are thinking, I recommend that you do not get married.

Last Online
    I have been here on and off for the past three years now.
    I am very interested in the business beifits, if i already own a company. I will look into that.
    Thanks

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 05:15 AM
    That is arguably the worst reason of all to marry for.

Best advice from Rod Stewart - "Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house."

RIP
    Last Online
    make no diff here married or not, you build it and she end up with it, ready or not ,,,,,out ya go.

But here I think, if ya marry one then you gonna get more head..

Marry a Jew broad and when you say "I DO" she says "NO MORE I DON"T" and thats the end of the skull pussy.

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    wft..??

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgang
    Marry a Jew broad and when you say "I DO" she says "NO MORE I DON"T" and thats the end of the skull pussy.
    From personal experience I can dispute this claim..Jewish girls love to suck gentile cock, it's the uncut version they have an aversion to...

RIP
    Last Online
    ^Sure, how many of em have you been married to, pray tell??

And no it has nothing to do with the French Bob, but the married part that turns em off.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    only needed one BG.... maybe you just got the one that wasn't up to the task? sadly as luck would have it she developed cancer of the tongue.. that's not intended to be humorous, though I know the irony is tempting..

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 05:15 AM
    it's the uncut version they have an aversion to...

Have to disagree. Strongly. Yeah.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFree View Post
    it's the uncut version they have an aversion to...
    disagree all you want, I didn't coin the phrase nor the reasoning behind it..but you do sound a little defensive..

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgang View Post
    ^Sure, how many of em have you been married to, pray tell??

And no it has nothing to do with the French Bob, but the married part that turns em off.
    So you're talking for all Jewish 'broads'? Nice to know they have a objective spokesman.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    23-08-2021 @ 06:47 PM
    I would not marry a 44 year old thai woman, if she has a 16 year old daughter now your talking.(just kidding)
    For visa purposes there's no advantage for an US citizen to marry a Thai.
    The retirement visa is easy. As far as working here goes...fock that!

RIP
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingForce
    though I know the irony is tempting..
    Truly sorry to hear that Dude

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFree
    I gots to dis too, never found any that was afraid of it and most seem to approve of the sneaky little bastard, and none ever said that they didn't like it.
    But as long as it was hooked to a nice dude like me how could they dislike anything.?? Pray tell..

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgang
    I gots to dis too, never found any that was afraid of it and most seem to approve of the sneaky little bastard, and none ever said that they didn't like it.
    contradicting yourself there BG.. You said they loose interest when they get married, so maybe they never really were because of the uncut and no other reason, they were just doing the naughty to get the ring..

sympathy appreciated..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information