R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Bangsaen eating out

The main area for Thai sea food restaurants in Bangsaen is on the beach road between Soi 1 and 3, this is also where all the cheap guest houses are, in all there is probably about 50 guest houses up those Sois, they all have the prices out side on signs, most start at 150baht, but that is for 3 hours only, so 250baht for fan and 300baht per night for air con, haven't found one with hot water yet though.

So onto the food, probably about 6 restaurants plus a load of food stalls outside the 7/11.

Yep, typical Thai style, but cheap

Some of them do have menus in English though, this one had both Thai and English, 80 baht per main dish aint too bad.

My spicy sea food salad, pretty damn good for 80baht

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Lets have a look at the Bangsaen sea food stalls, there is about 20 of them around the 7 11 on the corner of Soi 1, if your into squid then this is the place to go, after a week though sea food does tend to get a bit boring and you do need some proper animals to eat, like cows and things

One of the sea food stalls.

Not sure what this critter is and I didn't eat one.

A prawn or a shrimp?

A couple of ugly looking fish.

Hifaluten Member
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    A prawn or a shrimp?
    Shrimp. Caridean shrimp. One above it is a mantis shrimp which is neither a shrimp or a prawn .

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    I didn't realise there was a difference between prawns and shrimps, thought they were the same beast, anyway time for some real meat, yep pork, this restaurant is on Sukhumvit Road at the Nong Mon market, 42baht for pork with rice and a coke, no fat or gristle of course

I wouldn't mind learning how to make the pork like this, damn good it was.

Granite tables as well, thats classy.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Another sea food restaurant on Bangsaen beach, they all seem to charge the same prices, have the same 5 baht toilets, for some reason that puts me off my food, it always seem to be women coming in asking where the toilet is and paying their 5baht, I mean they don't even drink beer so why do they need to go to the toilet so much?

Another spicy sea food Thai salad, this one they left the back legs on the prawns, not sure why as I don't eat the legs, sometimes Thai food involves too much poncing around, bit like those sun flower seeds they eat, probably use up more energy breaking the seeds apart than the nutrition you get from them, poxy things.

Last Online
    @
    Across the street from the Tide (resort), right in front of the Tide’s Bakery and Spa you’ll see a small food stall (with a red sign) that reads “Aunt Toy’s Seafood” (written in Thai). Great seafood! I can attest for Plaa Goon, Tod Mon Goon, Goon Pad Pong Karee and Tom Yum Ruammit.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    If I was rich thats where I would be staying, probably have to make do with a picture

Last Online
    @
    Here are a few pictures for you, taken last weekend..……………………………

And by the way you don’t have to be rich to stay at the Tide. Find a local who is a member (and who gets free passes) and go with them.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    14-10-2016 @ 10:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    Not sure what this critter is and I didn't eat one.

That's a mantis shrimp. Gung (u pronounced as in dung) in Thai.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Farang Food in Bang Saen

Most of the farang food I ate in Bang Saen came from the 7/11s, but I did try out the Thai Scandinavia Food and Drink restaurant, this is down Soi 2 about 100 meters from the beach, quite nice bar and restaurant, quite a few farangs that were all quite smartly dressed, we don't get that in Pattaya, wife beater singha singlets and flip flops is casual attire, anyway pretty good restaurant with main courses starting around 150baht to 450baht.

I went for the Scandinavian sausage and mash at 150baht, pretty damn good

Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    bit stingy on the mash there.

Last Online
    @
    Been eating at seafood Andys for years now always good fresh food never had a problem.Pretty sure the snooker hall is up soi 2 on the right as you walk up 60 baht an hour.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    The Tide is too expensive if you dont know anybody. Double Pattaya in reality, and they bought the land and built on the best water slide park in Thailand. A curse on them.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Also in Bangsaen is the Saen Suk Bakery, or will be in the next week or so, this is behind some petrol garage on Sukhumvit Road just at Nong Mon Market, pies, burgers, sausages and other farang delicacies

Last Online
    @
    Not seen the pie shop before will be in Bang saen in a couple of weeks time will check out the pies.
    Just have to remember pack the HP sauce.

Last Online
    @
    Btw any members around in Bang Saen i will be in town 23rd of november for a few days pm me.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    14-10-2016 @ 10:13 PM
    Hey DD, make sure you get down to the food market opposite the main entrance to Burapha Uni. We used to eat there quite often.

....and you should get some shots for the 'University Girls' and 'Thai knickers' threads as well.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    I went past there most days but never stopped, finished working there a couple of weeks ago, supposed to be going tomorrow for the Bangsaen Grand Prix, really don't fancy the getting up at 5am though, we shall see.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by S Landreth View Post
    Across the street from the Tide (resort), right in front of the Tide’s Bakery and Spa you’ll see a small food stall (with a red sign) that reads “Aunt Toy’s Seafood” (written in Thai). Great seafood! I can attest for Plaa Goon, Tod Mon Goon, Goon Pad Pong Karee and Tom Yum Ruammit.

Here is a picture of this food stall (mentioned above).

One meal (for two people) consisted of two plates of white rice, two cokes with ice, Yum Goong-Sod Ta-krai, Tod-Mun Goong and Tha-lae Phad Prik-Phao for 350 baht.

Our second meal at the same food stall consisted of two cokes, Plaa Koong, Phad Phong Karee and Khao Phad Poo for 300 baht. Both were great meals.

Last Online
    09-11-2009 @ 02:53 PM

always woried about eating out.

I don't have the immunity like in the old days.

Thread Information