Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @

Work boots in Bangkok?

Hi,

I am assuming there are quite a few shops in Bangkok that would sell work boots like these.

Are they easy to find? Are they for sale for under 3,000 baht?

I need a new pair and was going to buy them here before going to Thailand but space is such a premium at the moment I could save a lot of room if I can buy them in Bangkok.
    News is what someone, somewhere is trying to suppress - everything else is just advertising.

RIP
    Last Online
    08-09-2010 @ 02:48 PM
    Runcorn, Cheshire, UK formerly Epsom Surrey.
    I must be honest, I have never seen any decent workboots there. Had a look round myself to see if there was, but to no avail. They probably are around somewhere, but I would think very expensive

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Bugger, that wasn't what I wanted to hear! Thanks anyway Props.

Anyone else?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I know Global sell them here in Udon, they must be available in Bangkok, I think there is a Global in Bangkok but not sure.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I did a search on global work boots but couldn't find anything. Do you have any more info?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I brought my work boots over from Australia, genuine Blundstone too- not one of those cheap knock-offs.

Now, up in Isaan where you have a decent winter and proper mud, they will be useful. Around here however, they just went into a storeroom (along with my old business shoes) and sat there for a couple of years.

And came out like this-

I walked around in them, and wife noticed I was leaving a trail of black everyhere, much to her consternation. The outer soles were disintegrating, the rubber had obviously perished- so I guess these things weren't designed for the tropical humidity & heat. Or at least not if you also leave them to rot for a couple of years.

Anyway, they're damn good boots- I'll have new outer soles put on them. Strange really, I wore them almost every day in Oz for three years in all sorts of conditions- they last forever. But a bit of tropical neglect soon rooted them.

I've not seen Blundstones or similar for sale here unfortunately- Somchai prefers thongs to work boots.

Last Online
    @
    We as a company buy hundreds.

I can ask where we purchase.

I'd guess we get discount, I could see if I can buy pairs through the company for personal use.

I don't think they are cheap though.

i'll look into it.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock View Post
    I did a search on global work boots but couldn't find anything. Do you have any more info?
    I'm afraid not, I don't believe Global has a website, I can drop buy later when they are open and get some more info for you.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Wow, that is extremely generous of your time both PP and BC, thank you very much.

Please don't go to too much trouble because as a back up I just remembered that I could get my brother (space permitting) to bring a new pair over for me.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    I brought my work boots over from Australia, genuine Blundstone too- not one of those cheap knock-offs.

Now, up in Isaan where you have a decent winter and proper mud, they will be useful. Around here however, they just went into a storeroom (along with my old business shoes) and sat there for a couple of years.

And came out like this-

I walked around in them, and wife noticed I was leaving a trail of black everyhere, much to her consternation. The outer soles were disintegrating, the rubber had obviously perished- so I guess these things weren't designed for the tropical humidity & heat. Or at least not if you also leave them to rot for a couple of years.

Anyway, they're damn good boots- I'll have new outer soles put on them. Strange really, I wore them almost every day in Oz for three years in all sorts of conditions- they last forever. But a bit of tropical neglect soon rooted them.

I've not seen Blundstones or similar for sale here unfortunately- Somchai prefers thongs to work boots.
    Great story and pics! I am surprised as you are that the disintegrated without use so quickly in Thailand. I have friends who wear Blunnies all the time in tropical North Australia and they dont have any problems.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    You can buy CAT boots here in Pratunam, but I'm not sure if CAT are very hard wearing as they seem more of a fashion item than a genuine work boot.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    I have not really seen anyone where construction boots here. Especially not steel toed bouts.

Yesterday I saw a Thai crew working on a bridge pillar and I only saw them wearing flips.

Safety first!!!

I am in Jail

Last Online
    20-06-2012 @ 03:24 PM
    Apparently there is only one company that supplies construction workboots. And the quality are crap. I buy like 40 pairs every year for my staff. Mind you a pair costs like TB300.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog View Post
    You can buy CAT boots here in Pratunam, but I'm not sure if CAT are very hard wearing as they seem more of a fashion item than a genuine work boot.
    Marmers, do you mean these type of cat boots?

Discount Work Boots – Steel Toe Leather and Safety Work Boots | Ship My Boots

They do look a bit showy that's for sure, not really my style.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelmate View Post
    Apparently there is only one company that supplies construction workboots. And the quality are crap. I buy like 40 pairs every year for my staff. Mind you a pair costs like TB300.
    How many staff do you have? (ie, how long do they last)?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock
    Marmers, do you mean these type of cat boots?
    Yes, that kind of boot.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    13-11-2023 @ 06:03 AM
    Homepro have safety boots/shoes for sale - no idea bout the price or quality, though.

I had to buy a pair in a hurry about 8 ago - picked up a good pair at the Emporium deparment store of all places (shoe section). They were pricy (didn't really care as I was imbursed all costs by my company) and very good quality - I still use them today whenever I go offshore.
    Any error in tact, fact or spelling is purely due to transmissional errors...

I am in Jail

Last Online
    How many staff do you have? (ie, how long do they last)?
    They last about a year. Don't forget my lot work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week in jobsite conditions.

Last Online
    @
    We have access to red Wing boots at about 8000 THB, but the buyers tell me we have a whole catalogue with various companies and prices available here.

Apparently I have to go and collect the catalogue to look.

I'll try and do it this afternoon and provide you details of what where and how.

Last Online
    @
    OK, I have 3 catalogues of Safety Equipment in my hands

1. PANGOLIN - SAFETY SHOES Co. Ltd

Located 318/10-22 Sukhumvit Soi 22.
    Tel: 02 259 0320

web: :: Safety shoes :: > Home

Many many different styles, no prices in this catalogue.

2. HUMAN SAFETY Co. Ltd.

Located in Surat Thani
    Tel: 077 600666-9

Web: บริษัท ฮิวแมน เซฟตี้ จำกัด จำหน่าย อุปกรณ์ ความปลอดภัย และ อุปกรณ์ดับเพลิง ทุกชนิด ,

Few types, some like wellies, one type lloks like modern hiking boots.... cool

3. NORTH SAFETY EQUIPMENT Co. Ltd.

999/34 Group 9, Sukhumvit Road
    Samut Prakarn

Tel: 02 384 0148

Web: North Safety - [ Home ]

Sell Frontier boots, look like the 300B jobbies that Travelmate was talking about.

None of these have prices, I'm sure we'd get discounts if ordering bulk, we have over 2000 people who wear this stuff as a rule. we are a company who is strong on safety and I am on the Bangkok Safety Committee.

Last Online
    @
    Aaah...I've now been delivered 3 more

This next catalogue is the one we do real business with

TIG SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL PRODUCTS Ltd.

Bang Na Trat road
    Tel: 02 338 6338

Web: Thai Industrial Gases Public Company | Linde AG

The have a range of boots called Safety Jogger that look good. Safety Jogger - Safety & Outdoor Shoes

We have the following prices on these boots, though obviously offers change even to companies like us:

Alpha 1890THB
    Omega 1790THB
    X2000 1290THB

X2020 1190THB

They also have various other ranges.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteshiva View Post
    Homepro have safety boots/shoes for sale - no idea bout the price or quality, though.

I had to buy a pair in a hurry about 8 ago - picked up a good pair at the Emporium deparment store of all places (shoe section). They were pricy (didn't really care as I was imbursed all costs by my company) and very good quality - I still use them today whenever I go offshore.
    Do they look similar to the pic in the first post or are they those flashy work/look at me type of boots?

They last about a year. Don't forget my lot work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week in jobsite conditions.
    Sounds good to me, I only need them for a few weeks at a time chopping down trees in Laos. Are they available retail anywhere and do they look anything like the pic in the opening post?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Crikey, I should have read Bobcocks answer first - thanks so much for going to the trouble, I will look through all those links now.

Cheers!

PS - I owe you a green as I am all out.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    13-11-2023 @ 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteshiva View Post

Do they look similar to the pic in the first post or are they those flashy work/look at me type of boots?
    Nah - they are all black, laced, low type shoes - not boots and actually don't look much like work shoes at all. They are steel capped, with good heel/ankle protection, but they could almost be used for office wear. They looked something like this:

I can find the brand name if you are interested, although in the 8 years since I bought them, I am sure there are better/cooler types out there.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock
    Sounds good to me, I only need them for a few weeks at a time chopping down trees in Laos. Are they available retail anywhere and do they look anything like the pic in the opening post?
    Nope, it is a plain black boot. Possibly the same boots prisoners wears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information