Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My kind of town
    Last Online
    @

Louis Steak House: Grabbing a Western Meal at Lopburi

Everywhere I go in Thailand I look for Western restaurants to eat at. I really want to know where there are places to eat that remind me of home. I also enjoy sharing them here on Teakdoor.

We were in Lopburi near the Tesco Lotus on the main road in the center of town. Just past the Tesco Lotus I spotted Lois Steak House.

It made me wonder if it was farang owned or Thai owned, so I stopped in. I met the 75 year old (at least - maybe 85) owner Louis from Belgium. He has lived in Thailand for 35 years with his Thai wife. He used to run a factory in Bangkok and ended up moving to Lopburi and opening up the restaurant.

It is located at 46/2 Moo3 Tambon Tasalal, Muang District Lopburi 15000. Phone number - 0-3661-4230.

Last edited by chitown; 05-09-2008 at 11:58 PM.

Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    And then.....

I love these threads Chit. It means I don't need to go there. Pics and assessment please. Good job, mate.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    The place was set up really nice and was also very clean.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    They make fresh rolls and bread there and also provide with with a slice of luncheon meat and salad whilst you wait for your meal.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    If it seems like I order fries a lot when I am out, its because I do. Really bad for my health, but we usually only go to a Western place once a week.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    The wife ordered the Hawaiian chicken with a white sauce.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    It was the mushroom steak for me.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    A very tasty meal for about 600 baht.

Last Online
    Nice looking place, ambience etc.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    To top off the night, you get some Belgium chocolates on the house.

Last Online
    Smashing photos. I wish I could work out how to post photos.

Did it taste good? Was the Belgian bloke there? Did you have a yarn with him?

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by jandajoy View Post
    Smashing photos. I wish I could work out how to post photos.

Did it taste good? Was the Belgian bloke there? Did you have a yarn with him?

The food and the service were good. I did talk with the Belgian owner. He is pretty old and could not figure out what I was talking about when I told him that I was going to do a review on the internet on a website forum called Teakdoor. he did not know a thing about the internet.

Good food and I will go back. It is the only Western farang owned restaurant in Lopburi and really worth the visit.

bkkmadness
    I told him that I was going to do a review on the internet on a website forum called Teakdoor.
    The lengths some people go to for a discount.

Food looked OK Chitown, quite standard fare though and a bit overpriced I thought.

Get yourself down Rossini's and see how far 600 baht can really go for good farang food.

^^ agreed, good pics.

Last Online
    10-04-2014 @ 08:22 PM

Steak House=Lopburi

Thanks for the great report on another place to catch a western meal. I do the same as you, try to catch a western meal somewhere about once a week, and almost always try to find a good salad or good quality beef.

But I have a question. I live in Chaiyaphum, about 4 .5 hours from BKK, and I do not have any idea where Lopburi is. Yes, I do have a map, so now I will have to find a reason to go there besides the meal. I do not think that 600 baht is overpriced when it comes to this kind of quality food. Sometimes it nce to enjoy a meal inside without the flys, bugs and smoke from someone's outdoor fire.

Thanks again for the pictures and the report.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    18-12-2008 @ 08:14 PM
    Nice review in your quest to visit every empty restaurant in the kingdom.

I think I shall pass on all but the chocolate.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    21-10-2023 @ 08:08 AM
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    How refreshing to see nicely set tables, clean floors and the decor to match . . . it certainly adds to the overall eating experience.

600baht? How is that overpriced? Seems quite reasonable.

bkkmadness
    Well that looks to me like 150 bahts worth of steak and mushrooms, and chips and chicken don't cost much either. The overall meal looks to be worth about 400 baht tops to me, all quite cheap ingredients and I don't see any drinks included in that price. I appreciate the setting looks nice, but it's Lopburi not Bangkok so gotta account for that too.

So yep I say it's a bit overpriced, but end of the day if you are happy paying and had a satisfying meal then it doesn't matter much.

I'd be a little miffed if I got a bill for 600 baht for what I can see on Chi's table though.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    I think we had about 4 cokes and she had a salad as well. The beef was imported as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bkkmadness View Post
    Well that looks to me like 150 bahts worth of steak and mushrooms, and chips and chicken don't cost much either. The overall meal looks to be worth about 400 baht tops to me, all quite cheap ingredients and I don't see any drinks included in that price. I appreciate the setting looks nice, but it's Lopburi not Bangkok so gotta account for that too.

So yep I say it's a bit overpriced, but end of the day if you are happy paying and had a satisfying meal then it doesn't matter much.

I'd be a little miffed if I got a bill for 600 baht for what I can see on Chi's table though.

bkkmadness
    Ok didn't know the beef was imported and the extra bits, still think it's a little bit overpriced, but then again I don't expect you get as bothered over a couple of hundred baht as me Chi. I would have stolen a chair on the way out to compensate.

Rossini's 500 baht buffet, that's value for money. Think it's Sundays only, get down there and give us a review.

edit: just noticed the first pic where on the window is says 'Steak (NZ)'. Doh!

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    Oh boy, the wife is after me to let you guys know that included a tip too.

I am getting from all sides!

Last Online
    FK em. Chi. Nice review good photos. Well done.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    15-12-2012 @ 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bkkmadness
    Rossini's 500 baht buffet, that's value for money. Think it's Sundays only, get down there and give us a review.
    BKK, I think it's been a good while since you've been there? Are you talking about the Buffet at the Grand Sheraton on Sundays? Last time I went, it was about 2,000 Baht/pp, ++, and not including wine. The only thing cheap about that place is the free parking validation. The selection is quite vast and good though.

bkkmadness
    Actually I didn't pay, maybe I have got that completely wrong? It does seem ridiculously cheap to me actually.

Hope not, I was thinking it would be a cheap place to impress a date with.

bkkmadness
    Ok had a bit of a look around on the net, seems it's about 590 for a two course set lunch and 680 for a three course set lunch, both include their fantastic starter buffet. No wine of course.

But my mistake, it's not on Sunday, it's the business set lunch I am talking about which is from Mon-Fri only.

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Looks great Chi! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information