R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Spaghetteria, in Jomtien near the Hanuman

Well not being able to go to Pattaya over the weekend due to the Pattaya music festival clogging up the sois, Saturday night was spent in Jomtien.

This sign I have been passing for about 1 year now, you have to admit spaghetti and a beer for 99baht does seem like a good deal, well it certainly did to me, although later we shall find out that is not what I had.

Yep, looking thru there nice menu I decided on the BBQ spare ribs with french fries and salad, the meal wasn't really what I expected, it consisted of 3 very fine slices of tomato and a bit of cabbage, luckily I found some mayo to give that a bit of flavour, frozen fench fries, yes the tasteless ones, and 6 spare ribs fried in a wok, for 99baht I believe this must have been the most bland meal I have eaten, and also the only time in years where I have walked out of a restaurant still hungry.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Although I do have to admit that the breakfast does sound like a good deal and obviously most of us normal folks like a pretty bland breafast, hell can you beat this for 69baht? Would you bother making your own breakfast for that price? Anyway next week I shall try this bargain, knowing my luck there will be a handfull of finely chopped up chillies all over it.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    The restaurant is quite nice and the prices are bargains, unfortuneately it was mainly the cook who was doing everything, they had about 15 customers there and the Thai guy in this video helped her out for about 5 minutes, ie she was serving drinks, taking orders and cooking the food, eventually as we were leaving one of her helpers turned up and took a bit of the pressure off of her.
    Attached Files Attached Files

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    My young friend had the escallopes and a carbonara, these were about 100baht each aswell, I think his words went like this, " You foking cnut dd, why the fok cant you find somewhere nice to eat, This is the blandest food I have ever eaten in my life, that's the last foking time I will let you choose a restaurant you cnut", well something along those lines anyway, soon calmed him down though and took him for a game of pool at the Las Vegas bar

It does look nice though

Last Online
    @
    That's a full plate. Yummy!

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Well I went back there this evening, it does seem to have improved a bit, although they are still using the same frozen chips and hiding the mayo/salad cream away from everybody and you have to ask for that.

Anyway it is next door to Jits Place that does the cheap fish and chips (Jit's Place, near the Hanuman statue in Jomtien)

Well we had 3 main courses, a beer and 2 soft drinks and the whole lot came to 340baht, of course we ended up smelling of the chippie next door but that aint so bad.

I did add loads of salt and pepper and ketchup to the chips and that made them edible, probably would have made cardboard taste delicious aswell.

The most expensive dish was of course my pork pepper steak at a massive 99baht, I will try their breakfast oneday.

Thread Information