R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Bang Saray Thai Seafood Restaurants

I seem to be going to BangSaray quite a lot so may aswell start a thread on all the restaurants there, they also got a few farang type bars and restaurants but I go there for the Thai seafood.

Anyway it is about 15 kms from Pattaya so aint much of a drive and they must have about 10 seafood restaurants built out on piers, suppose these were for the fisherman and their boats originally, so last nights stop was Rimhad Restaurant, I have been there quite a few times and daytime it is really good, night time I reckon they have a different chef as it is a bit crap.

So off we all went last night, about 15 of us, jees why do these people breed so much, ok we got the 60 odd year old mother inlaw, now her 40 odd year old daughter decides to visit for the first time in 20 years, the mother inlaw has 13 kids I think, obviously including my girlfriend, so in the local area there are a ton of relations, in the end there were 4 daughters, a niece, some grand children, and god knows who, I should mention this open air restaurant at the end of a windy pier doesn't allow smoking, bstards.

Being orgainised by Thais we were told to meet them at the restaurant in Bang Saray, now Bang Saray aint big but does have quite a few restaurants, so as I drive into Bangsaray I ask my girlfriend which restaurant, hmmmm, so she then thinks about it a bit and decides maybe asking would be a good idea, the first idiot she phoned told her to look out for a white car, thats a bit vague to me so I told her to ask the foking morons what the poxy name of the restaurant was, not getting off to a good start are we

Eventually we get to the Rimhad Seafood Restaurant in BangSaray.

This is a good restaurant in the daytimes, but night times I would give it a miss, the food is mediocre at best in the evenings, it's all fresh and still alive when you order its death, but everything was too sweet, here's Percy the crab, I think we ate him, this is the before being killed picture.

The good thing about going out with such a large group is that you can order loads of different meals, the trouble with this restaurant is at night it is too dark to see your food, yes I ended up eating raw sea animals, I didn't even know till I saw this picture, raw bloody shrimp, do they think I am a dog or something

The rest of the food was ok, but I really prefer to see what I am eating, no fish eyeballs for me thanks, this was cooked fish with veggies.

Tom Yam Krung or spicy prawn soup.

Whelks I think, not bad, not sure whether they are cooked or not but they don't have eyeballs.

Some Thai squid.

The table becomes looking messy.

This was a big crab, I ate his claw, damn he was a big beasty.

And of course vegetables in Batter, probably the second best dish of the evening.

Last Online
    23-08-2017 @ 07:28 PM
    Good to see your getting out more DD!!
    Great pictures!!
    Is that the last restaurant on the Soi in front of the Talay Sawan land for sale?
    We've been there a few times and the food is OK both day and night.
    There's a few good ones along there!

If you venture a bit further on to Sattahip the last peir restaurant at the east end of the Soi is not bad either!
    Family run, bit run down, but the food and hospitality is great.

Last Online
    @
    My favourite restaurant down that way is Preecha Seafood Restaurant.

Come to the first set of traffic lights (and after you have passed the Ambassador Hotel on the right and when driving towards Rayong) turn right, keep on bearing to the left whilst staying on the main soi and you will find it on the right hand side.

Very clean, great fresh seafood at very reasonable prices.

Get there early as it is always packed, particularly after 6.30 in the evening.

Lovely place to spend a Sunday afternoon (with a cold beer on hand)

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Theres a real dumpy place there, I think it's just called the Bangsaray Restaurant, anyway you just keep going past the more flashy places like Preecha and it's on the right a coupla hundred meters. It's got some character though, but the bogs are awful.

Their Chinese style steamed fish, which you pick live from the tank, is excellent.

Not an expat
    Last Online
    04-09-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Nice therad.
    Let me guess, your son ordered the Tom Yum Goong?

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Naa, he's all big and grown up now, he eats other stuff than Tom Yam Krung now

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    11-11-2018 @ 05:44 PM
    Rimhat is a nice place
    Nice views in the daytime

Last Online
    23-12-2009 @ 08:30 AM
    Rimhad has always had good food, but their prices have doubled over the last 18 months. Nearly the same price as the Bang Saray Club now.

Thread Information