Luckydog

Queen Sirijit's hospital in Sattahip. Beware!

I have been to the Queens Hospital several times and apart from the long waits, been very happy with the care. BUT if you have a very serious condition they simply do not have the Doctors to handle it, if my friends experience last week
    is typical......

Les was a Coal Miner for over 30yrs in the North of England, and like so many Miners he was afflicted with Pneumoconiosis. His lungs are badly damaged by Coal Dust and breathing is difficult.

It was SO hard for him to take his breath that he was taken to Sattahip where they simply had no idea what to do for him, and he lay there gasping for breath and actually dying as Pnumonia developed in his only working Lung.....To be fair. The Doctors who attended him were young and Pheumoconiosis was not a disease with which they were familiar.
    It doesn't exist here in LOS.

Fortunately, Les has a good Sister, and when she heard he was at death's door she came out immediately, and in the nick of time ,had him rushed to Pattaya Bangkok Hospital.

There they plugged him in to the high-tec gear in intensive care, and literally saved him, I am glad to say.

Government Hospitals are fine as long as it is a straight forward problem that you have. But in such extreme cases they are next to useless......imo.

Of course, The Bill from BPH is high. About 400000bht!

Incidentally, they are now offering a 14000bht plastic card, that entitles the holder to a number of good reductions for treatment and accomodation.
    It's worth looking into my friends.

Last Online
    25-05-2008 @ 01:36 PM
    Glad he made it, LD. Bet he's in Pattaya spending his compensation from the mine.

Luckydog
    Quote Originally Posted by Shitman View Post
    Glad he made it, LD. Bet he's in Pattaya spending his compensation from the mine.
    Small beer mate.......

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    Hope he gets better .My Grandfather (RIP) was a miner for 50 years on the face.Thankfully he never had any obvious ill effects from being down there and died age 83.
    What annoys me is the amount of "miners" who claim for stuff like vibration white finger when they never did more than a week on the face and claim 10's of thousands of £'s.My grandad got the old thank you for 50 years handshake,a clock and free coal.

RIP
    Last Online
    31-01-2011 @ 09:29 PM
    My dad ( welsh anthracite miner for 15 years) had both Pheumoconiosis from the anthracite dust and also Silicosis from the buckets of silica dust they were given to throw in the air drop the coal dust !! - Left the mines in about 1927.

Although he lived until 80 - with breathing difficulties and many days off sick - he received the magnificient sum of 200 GBP from the Coal Board n 1970 as compensation !!!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    29-01-2013 @ 05:54 PM
    Its a very difficult situation for these older miners.The miners were exempt call up to the army during both world wars, some people said they were lucky. I am not so sure about that because Pheumoconiosis and Silicosis are both very painful ways to die. It would have been nice in the UK once they had been diagnosed with these conditions that the government gave them free health care to ease their inevitable suffering and demise. But then again its the UK you get nothing for nothing after the war they were going to make the UK a place fit for returning heroes 1945. Its now 2008, 63 years and nothing,zilch, I never trusted politicians and never will all those people deserved better and got nothing. The UK governments over the last fifty years have been a shambles.

RIP
    Last Online
    31-01-2011 @ 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thehighlander959 View Post
    Its a very difficult situation for these older miners.The miners were exempt call up to the army during both world wars, some people said they were lucky. I am not so sure about that because Pheumoconiosis and Silicosis are both very painful ways to die. It would have been nice in the UK once they had been diagnosed with these conditions that the government gave them free health care to ease their inevitable suffering and demise. But then again its the UK you get nothing for nothing after the war they were going to make the UK a place fit for returning heroes 1945. Its now 2008, 63 years and nothing,zilch, I never trusted politicians and never will all those people deserved better and got nothing. The UK governments over the last fifty years have been a shambles.
    Absolutely! 100% correct !

Last Online
    21-02-2014 @ 11:31 AM

queen sirikit hospital

[end last year I had a stroke, my wife did,nt know what to do some a neighbor called Sirikit for emergency they came at my place with a so called ambulance only a stretcher in it and that's all refused to go in that meat wagon at last she found the emergency No of BPH the where at my place within half hour they had every thing in there heart monitor oxygen nurse doctor etc complete like in Europe in a wink I was at emergency at BHP.
    All I can say is prompt and good service with a price ofcorse nice and very good service

Thread Information