Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    last farang standing
    Last Online
    15-04-2024 @ 07:47 PM
    Personally the food I ate in Shanghai and surrounding areas was shite. Japanese food looks good but a lot is bland without smothering in some type of sauce.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Today @ 04:21 PM
    Chico should be smothered in sauce for consistently posting the outdated views of others, while persistently declining to offer his own opinion.
    Lest he be found wanting.
    I have only 2 signature dishes, both of which are home made.

Spaghetti Bolognese

Chicken in white wine sauce

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    08-02-2023 @ 01:23 PM
    Switch do you have a problem in reading posts, I seem to remember I offered you guidance, though because of your ignorance in anything other than beans on toast you now wish to try and turn the table better luck next time.

It must really hurt your Narcissistic personality disorder.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    ...because of your ignorance in anything...

When are you leaving again?

En route
    Last Online
    24-02-2024 @ 04:47 PM
    Jeez, you must have eaten at some real shit holes in Chungking mansions.
    No Chinese restaurants in there. All 'ethnic'.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Switch do you have a problem in reading posts, I seem to remember I offered you guidance, though because of your ignorance in anything other than beans on toast you now wish to try and turn the table better luck next time.

It must really hurt your Narcissistic personality disorder.
    You posted google quotes offering others opinions numb nuts.

You are the one who ends up looking simple because you are incapable of formulating an opinion, or posting it in English.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    12-10-2022 @ 03:00 PM
    Cancelled by poster.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Just a quick google would get your answers for you. not trawling through them all

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=fr...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=fr...k1.Bz4H43uNzMU

That's as far as I'm willing to do for you, as mentioned most of the food in modern British is French themed also.
    I am capable of using google if required, but I asked you the question, not google. Do you have your own opinions or not?
    Of course there have been a number of european influences since the British were conquered by the Romans, and others.
    Modern British food has much more to it than centuries of diluted Gallic cuisine. If your statement were correct, the French diet would be more like the Brits, and it so clearly isn't.
    I'm sorry I don't know every French restaurant in the British Isles.

If you give me some examples of classical or modern British food I may well be able to help you in your definition of British cuisine, that is served in fine dining restaurants.
    Switch you are becoming pretty tedious here you are, now do grow a pair, and find your examples and I'll post for you.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    British food in fine dining restaurants??? What an oxymoron.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    @
    Just a quick google would get your answers for you. not trawling through them all

That's as far as I'm willing to do for you, as mentioned most of the food in modern British is French themed also.
    I am capable of using google if required, but I asked you the question, not google. Do you have your own opinions or not?
    Of course there have been a number of european influences since the British were conquered by the Romans, and others.
    Modern British food has much more to it than centuries of diluted Gallic cuisine. If your statement were correct, the French diet would be more like the Brits, and it so clearly isn't.

If you give me some examples of classical or modern British food I may well be able to help you in your definition of British cuisine, that is served in fine dining restaurants.
    Switch you are becoming pretty tedious here you are, now do grow a pair, and find your examples and I'll post for you.
    Why don't you actually post something about food? While you seem to spend most of your time here getting into fights over minor issues you do appear to be a competent chef. Why don't you do some food threads? I'm sure they would be appreciated. Your anti kosher/halal posts are clear indicators that you care greatly about food and its sources. There are many people here, including me, who would love to have some input from a qualified and professional chef. You could make some excellent contributions here, it would be genuinely appreciated if you did.
    The Above Post May Contain Strong Language, Flashing Lights, or Violent Scenes.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post

Why don't you actually post something about food? While you seem to spend most of your time here getting into fights over minor issues you do appear to be a competent chef. Why don't you do some food threads? I'm sure they would be appreciated. Your anti kosher/halal posts are clear indicators that you care greatly about food and its sources. There are many people here, including me, who would love to have some input from a qualified and professional chef. You could make some excellent contributions here, it would be genuinely appreciated if you did.
    He is unlikely to pick up that gauntlet BOb. Probably too wet out or too hot for him. Any excuse to avoid content or genuine debate.
    Didn't you recently advise David 48 not to engage with Chico, due to the futility of it all?

Cookery would require pictures to be posted. An ideal opportunity for someone who struggles with words. Given that he can't even use the quote function properly, he is incapable of posting original photos. C&P from Delia websites won't cut it.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Switch,
    Are you going to give any examples of Modern British cuisine,which is really French, its nothing to be embarrassed about

I come across many young Chefs, that believe the cuisine is really British, though when you telll them its really French their really shocked.

I would really like to educate you, though with you constantly avoiding to answer, or to provide any examples what you to believe to be British.
    I can only come to the conclusion your using this account as a multinic to be a bothersome tool.
    I look foward to your next troll post

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    There are many people here, including me, who would love to have some input from a qualified and professional chef. You could make some excellent contributions here, it would be genuinely appreciated if you did.
    LOL, I've asked him for years to do this, but he'd rather start shit fights.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post

[url]https://www.google.co.th/search?q=french+restaurants+birmingham+uk&oq=frenc h+restaurants+birmingham&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.16 106j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8[/url

Bob I would do though as per normal the threads would be trolled, and taking the time to do the threads could well be futile as no-one seems to know how long the forum is going to he online.

If and when the upgrade hsppens, I,d beore than happy to do.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    There are many people here, including me, who would love to have some input from a qualified and professional chef. You could make some excellent contributions here, it would be genuinely appreciated if you did.
    LOL, I've asked him for years to do this, but he'd rather start shit fights.
    CS Thats very funny coming from you, the fine dining experiences Would be beyond you

How many forums have you ruined now.?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Bullshit, talking about being bothered by trolling. What a load of wank

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico
    though when you telll them its really French their really shocked.
    At your appalling grammar? Your body odor? That you're still conversing with them despite repeatedly stating that you were leaving?

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    got to stop now I,m on my phone heading to a fine dining French experience.

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico
    CS Thats very funny coming from you, the fine dining experiences Would be beyond you
    If would Beyond me...how Would You known?

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Switch,
    Are you going to give any examples of Modern British cuisine,which is really French, its nothing to be embarrassed about

I come across many young Chefs, that believe the cuisine is really British, though when you telll them its really French their really shocked.

I would really like to educate you, though with you constantly avoiding to answer, or to provide any examples what you to believe to be British.
    I can only come to the conclusion your using this account as a multinic to be a bothersome tool.
    I look foward to your next troll post
    No I am not going to give any examples.

I questioned your response to my original post and later informed you that I was capable of using google.

You posting google links and asking me to provide examples of English dishes, seems to be the way you avoid giving what you were asked for originally by me an others.
    Stop deflecting and procrastinating. Deliver unto us your own opinion in your own words.
    No more quotes, no more links and no more questions from you. Just your own opinion, if you please.

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Switch,
    Heston Blumenthal. And he owes nowt to the French. But strongly influenced by very early English cuisine.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Switch,
    Heston Blumenthal. And he owes nowt to the French.

I hate to do this (), but...

At the age of fifteen Heston travelled to France with his parents for the first time. On this trip he visited L'Oustau de Baumaniere one of France's greatest restaurants, located in a small village in Provence. Heston Blumenthal was exposed to the wonderful world of gastronomy and was immediately consumed by it.
    On returning to the UK he tried to gain a position in the kitchen of Londons' hotels and retaurants but at sixteen this proved too daunting a task. Undeterred he spent the next decade learning the rudiments of French cuisine from books, and worked in various different jobs to fund his trips to France. On these trips he visited restaurants, vineyards, cheese makers, butchers and artisan producers. His research was extensive, thorough and determined, attributes which soon became the trademarks of his success.
    https://www.lifestylefood.com.au/che...tonblumenthal/

Basically, if you're talking about British food other than the likes of Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding, there is no such thing as modern British cuisine that hasn't been influenced by the French.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    23-05-2020 @ 05:51 PM
    Switch,
    Heston Blumenthal. And he owes nowt to the French. But strongly influenced by very early English cuisine.
    Really want to go to his Fat Duck restaurant for the experience, not cheap though at £265 a head + wine.

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Switch,
    Heston Blumenthal. And he owes nowt to the French.

I hate to do this (), but...

At the age of fifteen Heston travelled to France with his parents for the first time. On this trip he visited L'Oustau de Baumaniere one of France's greatest restaurants, located in a small village in Provence. Heston Blumenthal was exposed to the wonderful world of gastronomy and was immediately consumed by it.
    On returning to the UK he tried to gain a position in the kitchen of Londons' hotels and retaurants but at sixteen this proved too daunting a task. Undeterred he spent the next decade learning the rudiments of French cuisine from books, and worked in various different jobs to fund his trips to France. On these trips he visited restaurants, vineyards, cheese makers, butchers and artisan producers. His research was extensive, thorough and determined, attributes which soon became the trademarks of his success.
    https://www.lifestylefood.com.au/che...tonblumenthal/

Basically, if you're talking about British food other than the likes of Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding, there is no such thing as modern British cuisine that hasn't been influenced by the French.
    Fair point, i missed his early career. Different story when he got is own places though.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    You don't go to the Fat Duck to eat, you go there to experience a science show.

Amazing Food for sure, but you still come out hungry.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information