Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Last Online
    @
    Lots more technology to enjoy...yeah, that's important on a holiday.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    08-02-2023 @ 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by patsycat View Post
    Well, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I hate people who drone on and and about how wonderful such and such a place was 20 years ago!! If I or you or a normal person is enjoying it then fuckem!! Live in the past, remember when you were young and sort of handsome. But leave us alone!! If i find it comfy, nice beach, good weather and it doesn't cost a fortune - that's my thing.

Some people save for years to go somewhere special and exotic. They can't just jump in their car and drive for an hour!! And if they don't like it, go somewhere else.

It takes months of planning. Looking forward to the pics!!
    Oh, the beauty of Asia so so long time ago, makes me yearn for the past, and the idyllic landscape and the innocence of the people, bring back the past.

Well I suppose if many people only went to Benidorm or Tijuana they wouldn't understand

RIP
    Last Online
    @
    7 years since I was last here and the most noticeable change is Tesco everywhere and the exchange rate.
    Some things change for the worse and some for the better, for instance the hotel we are staying in oop north has been given a major face lift and has a water park added to the pool and it's not much more than what we paid last time. The breakfast is still shit but it's all swings and roundabouts in Thailand and not just the slides.
    Still a great country with some interesting quirks.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post

Yeah. Some of us enjoy photography, diving to video record etc. Not all go to sit and veg out and drink.

RIP
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post

Yeah. Some of us enjoy photography, diving to video record etc. Not all go to sit and veg out and drink.
    Sybill is still nursing that half empty bottle of Chang at the end of the bar.
    Everyone avoids him except when they mistakenly misjudge the toilet trip timing.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    23-05-2020 @ 05:51 PM
    Can you imagine having a beer with Sybil, think it would be a challenge to finish it before you fell asleep.

Last Online
    @

And if you have some photos of a place from twenty years ago when it was great or underwater video when the coral was pristine, and also from five years ago when it was shit and the coral was dead, well, better to leave the input on a thread to someone who's never been and is in their sick bed in Geneva, right?

Last Online
    @

And if you have some photos of a place from twenty years ago when it was great or underwater video when the coral was pristine, and also from five years ago when it was shit and the coral was dead, well, better to leave the input on a thread to someone who's never been and is in their sick bed in Geneva, right?
    ???? ahhhhh Ok

I do not live in the past so I do not care what it looked like 20 years ago. I care about what I see in front of me today.

Last Online
    @
    ..and posts about how what you would see today is not that good...in what way are they not useful?

how would they be less useful if someone has visited a particular island, oh let's say about 20 times over a 28 year period, and adds some context about its decline?

ao was in pattaya in the seventies...it doesn't bug me when he posts about that.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    23-05-2020 @ 05:51 PM
    Sybil really would suck the life out of an empty room.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    01-03-2023 @ 03:15 AM
    I visited Samet last January for the first time in about 10 years and i was gutted but not surprised that the very first Thai island that i fell in love with has become a victim of its own success. Overcrowded, overpriced and rubbish everywhere. I went looking for the Reggae Bar on white sand beach only to find it has been demolished to make way for even more bungalows. Yet another paradise Thai island bites the dust.
    Last edited by Scottish Gary; 09-08-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    01-03-2023 @ 03:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Fireshows are for idiots with long braided hair, gormless young folk stoned out of their gourds, children and bored farang incapable of intelligent conversation. I regard the activity to be on par with parasailing wankers, jetski-ing fuckwits and insipid, new age, swivel-eyed, Buddha loons purging their dirty karma who wai trees and bargirls.
    The fire show on Samet is mobbed with Chinese families oohing and aahing and clapping wildly at everything they see then completely blanking the fire boys at the end when they come round looking for tips.

Last Online
    @
    As I mentioned earlier. This is one of the last few islands I have not been too. The reviews sound pretty bad. Of course lots of comparisons from long ago to now. I will have my first impression in a few weeks.

But you know. The world everywhere is changing. Nothing stays the same. Not that its good or bad. Just what it is.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    These new arrivals to Asia certainly need to find the beauty, perhaps El Tel 57 could point you in the direction of coastal areas still not spoilt by tourism.

Banned

Last Online
    09-05-2021 @ 03:25 AM
    Terry will just tell you to go in the week, out of season, when not busy.

Banned

Last Online
    Terry likes PKK. I find it hard to trust a moustachioed guy in budgie smugglers though who sunbathes on a balcony in Silom and prefers doing rural road trips to Isaan and camping out in his man made doggingmobile in Oz over their pristine beaches.
    Thats just me though

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Has he still got that thing.?

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    These new arrivals to Asia certainly need to find the beauty, perhaps El Tel 57 could point you in the direction of coastal areas still not spoilt by tourism.
    I have been here on and off since late 2004. There are many areas where you can still find the spot that is not infiltrated by tourists. Having a Thai wife that knows where to go and what to research helps tremendously. We have enjoyed some beauties. Most recently Racha Island.

But to Dills comment, going during the week, off season is always best when visiting any beach/island location anywhere in the world. I found the same to be true when I traveled to Tahiti, Bahamas, Puerto Vallarta, virtually all Hawaiian islands, BVI etc.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Myanmar Andaman Resort
    The islands of Myanmar are pretty much undiscovered. Not the easiest place to get to, nor the cheapest. However, it look stunning and it is on the list for possible destinations for the long break in March/April 2018

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    08-11-2017 @ 09:54 PM

That was a bit below the belt!!

I have been to visit Thailand at least 5 times in the past 15 or so years.

Also, I am not on my sick bed!! I walk everywhere, i eat well etc. I am planning on living and annoying you lot for years to come!!

How dare you say that about me? You don't know me, you ignorant oaf!! I wouldn't wish Cancer on anyone, so you better start checking those low hanging balls of yours, and every inch of your mottled skin - have a few body scans too.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    01-03-2024 @ 05:38 PM
    DONT go on any weekends or thai holidays as its full of young thais making LOTS of Noise.

Went a few times back in the 80's but as living herein Phuket never went back.
    nor any desire too.

Last Online
    @
    On Koh Samet now. 2.5 days. Got some drone vids and stills today. Rented a scooter with Wife. Been blazing around.

First impression. Where I am staying is very very nice and a clean private beach. Sitting right now sipping a cocktail relaxing staring at ocean

I will say the Ferry ride over was about 3 whiteys. 4 or 5 Thais and the rest loud chinese twats. Fortunately they went left to the high tourist places and my wife and I went left to a quiet place with only Thais.

I will post pics in a few days.

Last Online
    @
    Sorry. Dbl post

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    On Koh Samet now. 2.5 days. Got some drone vids and stills today. Rented a scooter with Wife. Been blazing around.

First impression. Where I am staying is very very nice and a clean private beach. Sitting right now sipping a cocktail relaxing staring at ocean

I will say the Ferry ride over was about 3 whiteys. 4 or 5 Thais and the rest loud chinese twats. Fortunately they went left to the high tourist places and my wife and I went left to a quiet place with only Thais.

I will post pics in a few days.
    Ye seems your wife knows all the best beach resorts.

Banned

Last Online
    Its not Paradee then

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information