Last Online
    @

Dinner boat cruise on the Chaophraya river

Wife and I did a dinner boat cruise in BKK. I took her on a similar trip on our first real date back in 2010. She did it for me for our anniversary.

I went down to the hotel bar and knocked back a double Glenfiddich 15 year while my wife polished her self up for the night. I got a good laugh watching the typical westerner life here. Old guy looking away while gal is taking selfies and talking to others on some app.

Dinner buffet was descent with all types of food.

Top deck having a Scotch while wife enjoyed a Mai Tai

Rama VIII bridge at night looks nice, Like the new Bay Bridge in San Fran

After cruise wife and I relaxed on the river front at this well stocked bar. I was actually quite impressed.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    24-01-2024 @ 07:02 AM
    Very nice pics...

Last Online
    @
    What was the damage then?

Last Online
    21-12-2018 @ 04:30 PM
    ^ Yes, costs please...

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    What was the damage then?

Damage? You mean cost?

Last Online
    01-09-2023 @ 09:02 AM
    Bangkok at night does look beautiful. The cruise seems quite classy. Pity the dude with the "i'm with the ATM" girl though. Is booking in advance necessary?

Last Online
    @
    Nice thread. And pics! Why do my pics always look like they were taken by a munter who doesn't know what he's doing? Oh...

Anyways there are a couple of river/dinner cruises up here in CM also but frankly that looks like it puts them to shame. They're very rustic in comparison.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicethaiza
    Very nice pics...
    Thanks, It was a fun evening.

Quote Originally Posted by tango
    Yes, costs please...
    I asked the Wifey and she said she did an online booking and it was 1250 per person. Includes the cruise, large buffet dinner, desert and beverages (Alcohol is additional). You can find deals as well (My wife did)

Quote Originally Posted by yortyiam
    Bangkok at night does look beautiful. The cruise seems quite classy. Pity the dude with the "i'm with the ATM" girl though. Is booking in advance necessary
    I agree BKK at night is quite nice. The cruise was about 2 hrs on the river. I have more pics of the Grand Palace from the boat but did not post them. They have Karaoke/dance floor area and towards the end people were dancing. It was a pleasant mix of locals and foreigners. Albeit I cringed when they played the BeeGees and Village People music. Man just can't hang with that music but wife and I went topside.

Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Nice thread. And pics!
    Thanks Ant, It was a fun little evening. Would I do it again, Sure with another couple . You can depart at 7:30 or 9:30. We did the 7:30. SO need evening plans after you return around 9:30 if you want to go out after.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    Nice thread and pics.

No idea if this is the same cruise, but if anyone is interested, you can get it for 790 Baht on Eatigo (50%) off.

Link - https://eatigo.com/home/th/en/bangko...= 19.00 &ppl=2
    Black diamonds? I shit 'em.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    08-02-2023 @ 01:23 PM
    Looking at the buffet on the website, think I'd give it a miss looks very mediocre, though looks a nice cruise.

River Star Princess ??????????????????????? 5 ??? ???????????????????????????

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    06-11-2022 @ 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Looking at the buffet on the website, think I'd give it a miss looks very mediocre, though looks a nice cruise.

River Star Princess ??????????????????????? 5 ??? ???????????????????????????
    Food looks a lot better on that one

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Quality pics and nice commentary JPR. Thanks for sharing, and for the helpful follow up.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Nice thread. And pics! Why do my pics always look like they were taken by a munter who doesn't know what he's doing? Oh...

Anyways there are a couple of river/dinner cruises up here in CM also but frankly that looks like it puts them to shame. They're very rustic in comparison.
    I quite like the Riverside boat.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-09-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    I was there a couple of years ago, it seems that nothing much has changed.

At the entrance they had it cleverly organized: taking a photo when boarding, then the picture neatly framed handing over against payment when disembarked.

Last Online
    @
    Nice pics and cruise. The last time I was in BKK I ate along the the river at Rivercity and watched the boats go by. Some of them are really lit up. I wonder the price you paid for the trip? I guess it depends on the boat and tour you are on.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by bnice2me
    I wonder the price you paid for the trip? I guess it depends on the boat and tour you are on.
    According to my wife the prices are all over the place based on boat size and pkg. Ours was 1250 per person.

Last Online
    @
    ^Thanks for that info. What was the name of the boat? Nice stocked bar, anyway.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by bnice2me View Post
    ^Thanks for that info. What was the name of the boat? Nice stocked bar, anyway.
    Name of the boat was Wonderful Pearl. Wife says standard price is 1500 bht per person. She did online and it was 1250.

That last bar pic was not on the boat. Drinks on the boat are marginal well drinks. That Bar pic is right where you enter the boat on the shore. I highly recommend it. Good music and top shelf liquor at reasonable prices

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    06-11-2022 @ 08:40 AM
    Sums up a lot of Thai/foreigner relationships, few have much in common, good pic

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Thai3 View Post
    Sums up a lot of Thai/foreigner relationships, few have much in common, good pic

Sad but true in many cases. I see it all the time. Always makes me wonder how it all works. I see guys walking 2 or 3 feet behind the gal in malls or at street places. Its like they are completely disconnected.

Thanks on pics. Nice night.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^She happy, he happy. Happy all around.

She's happy that she has a white buffalo ATM. He's happy that he has a young, fit, lithe girl as companion; a trophy wife or gf. What more does anyone need? Falang tink too mutt. Heh.

(I think I've become too cynical, being here on TD).

Still, thnx for the pix, JP. My only gripe is that there's no food pic. Not up to Punty's stabdards.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23
    Still, thnx for the pix, JP. My only gripe is that there's no food pic. Not up to Punty's stabdards.
    Sorry. I don't do food pics. Just not my thing. Never have, likely never will unless its something really interesting or unique. I am not a foody guy. I know some need it for comfort, I eat because I am hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by katie23
    She happy, he happy. Happy all around
    I used to say that but we just don't know if they are happy. Its convenient that's for sure. I know a few expats who are quite unhappy and bored and complain all the time, but they just plod along hoping some how it will get better.

But to each his own. I know I couldn't hang with it.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2
    Name of the boat was Wonderful Pearl. Wife says standard price is 1500 bht per person. She did online and it was 1250.

That last bar pic was not on the boat. Drinks on the boat are marginal well drinks. That Bar pic is right where you enter the boat on the shore. I highly recommend it. Good music and top shelf liquor at reasonable prices
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2
    I used to say that but we just don't know if they are happy. Its convenient that's for sure. I know a few expats who are quite unhappy and bored and complain all the time, but they just plod along hoping some how it will get better.

But to each his own. I know I couldn't hang with it.
    Good point.. to each their own.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    24-08-2018 @ 11:56 PM
    Did that cruise with She who shall not be contradicted about 6 years ago..Songkran...buffet ... the band played "Livers of Babylon"...

Thread Information