Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Hua Hin

Last Online
    @
    ^Thanks Klondyke for the pics. The historic architecture looks stunning. I'll look for it next time I'm in the area.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by bnice2me
    Nice.. the IBIS was across the street from where I was staying. Did you get to the beach? I'll have to look for that 'horse' theme restaurant next time. They opened a mall called Blueport Resort not too far from Koh Takiab. The mall has some good restaurants and a food court in the basement(Coffee Club, Starbucks, etc). I went a few times to get out of the heat.
    The beach was ok, walked on a piece of buried dog shit....it was roasting hot (the sun, not the shit) even at 6am, I know because the GF I was with threw a wobbly (I woke up & asked why she was texting at 5am) and stormed out saying she was going to get a bus to Bangkok. I called her bluff and told her to f**k off. Instead she sat at the beach, crying...a good few jellyfish were washed up at that time.

I opted not to swim and risk being stung to death, but luckily Ibis has a standard pool.

That horse themed cafe is in the main soi that links from the train station down to the main road by the clock tower. I sat in there for a couple of hours after seeing that bird off into a van for Bkk.

No bitch spoils my holiday, darling.

Blueport was just opening when we were there. Walked about, the usual Thai mall stuff, same shops, 'sales' that aren't really sales, and a few older farang couples I noticed. Swensens is usually a safe bet to cool off.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    the horse cafe, ( "pony cafe" ) has another much larger branch out on the main road near the airport about 200yds past makro.

they have a "museum" upstairs with an impressive and large collection of 50's and 60's ephemera and memorabilia (mostly quality wristwatches, but also furniture, electrical appliances, clocks, toys etc.)

they serve very good reasonably priced thai and western food, good coffee and cakes and ice cream in an unusual and spacious "all things european horse-riding themed" setting. its unique, a cross between an english tea room and an austrian coffee house, and unlike anything i've ever come across in thailand.

well worth a visit.
    Last edited by taxexile; 06-08-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Last Online
    @
    ^And they do great patterns on the cappucinos

Last Online
    @
    ^^Sounds good, ill look for it. I hope to do some bike trips along the coast to Dolphin Bay area. I know an Australian guy who has invited me to visit him out that way. He may even post on here..haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bnice2me
    Nice.. the IBIS was across the street from where I was staying. Did you get to the beach? I'll have to look for that 'horse' theme restaurant next time. They opened a mall called Blueport Resort not too far from Koh Takiab. The mall has some good restaurants and a food court in the basement(Coffee Club, Starbucks, etc). I went a few times to get out of the heat.
    The beach was ok, walked on a piece of buried dog shit....it was roasting hot (the sun, not the shit) even at 6am, I know because the GF I was with threw a wobbly (I woke up & asked why she was texting at 5am) and stormed out saying she was going to get a bus to Bangkok. I called her bluff and told her to f**k off. Instead she sat at the beach, crying...a good few jellyfish were washed up at that time.

I opted not to swim and risk being stung to death, but luckily Ibis has a standard pool.

That horse themed cafe is in the main soi that links from the train station down to the main road by the clock tower. I sat in there for a couple of hours after seeing that bird off into a van for Bkk.

No bitch spoils my holiday, darling.

Blueport was just opening when we were there. Walked about, the usual Thai mall stuff, same shops, 'sales' that aren't really sales, and a few older farang couples I noticed. Swensens is usually a safe bet to cool off.
    Quite the vacation then.. lol.
    I didn't go into the water because I had heard of their being lots of jellyfish around. I guess it depends the season? I hear June/July is bad, but not too sure about that.

I prefer travelling solo for a reason.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by bnice2me View Post
    Yeah, that room sharing with Natalie didn't work out well when she took umbrage at you dragging a Nigerian guy back to shag.

Best to keep the options open, eh?

Last Online
    @
    It was september. But that whole coastline (Cha am & Pranburi too) has signs up. Kinda puts me off swimming all year round.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^And they do great patterns on the cappucinos

baristas have to study froth art application techniques for at least 5 before they can obtain a doctorate in baristology at harvard.

Last Online
    @
    It was september. But that whole coastline (Cha am & Pranburi too) has signs up. Kinda puts me off swimming all year round.
    okay good to know.. where is it safe to swim in Thailand these days?
    Is Cy talking to me as I have him on ignore, he really is incessant and needs to settle the fuck down.

Last Online
    @
    I think that particular is mainly on that coastline. Haven't been further south recently so maybe there are signs at Chumphon & Surat Thani

Not worth the risk of being urinated on (which I heard is a myth, it's vinegar that's effective)

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat
    Is Cy talking to me as I have him on ignore
    Well that, by definition, clearly isn't working.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Is Cy talking to me as I have him on ignore
    Well that, by definition, clearly isn't working.

Last Online
    @

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    23-05-2020 @ 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bnice2me View Post
    Yeah, that room sharing with Natalie didn't work out well when she took umbrage at you dragging a Nigerian guy back to shag.

Best to keep the options open, eh?
    You really are one creepy cvnt.

Last Online
    @
    Oh look...it's basher 'interesting' buriramboy.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-03-2021 @ 08:47 AM
    Cyrille derailing another thread?...

Used to swim in the surf every morning off the beach in Cha Am...Tried to leave the house before the sun rose 'cause it was hot as hell...A nice cool walk through an awakening village, a run on the beach, then the ocean...Then find the only tree with shade to laze and read before coffee...

Remember seeing jellyfish, but nothing was going to stop those swims once I got into the routine...

Last Online
    @
    Cha am last year

Fishing port, Cha am north. Squid season

Down the coast from Hua Hin, Pranburi. Not a lot there really.

Balcony view

Ox, famous seafood restaurant. Has a wall of fame featuring pics of Thai celebrities, many are sat as I am now

Last Online
    @
    ^ nice pics , looks like a lovely coastline to bike towards Cha Am from Hua Hin.

^^Cool BB, yes the heat is something to get accustomed to. I couldn't believe how hot it was, but I still exercised all day in it... in the shade thankfully.

splendid and tremendous
    Last Online
    27-11-2023 @ 11:59 PM
    Love the Hin, looking to move to Prachuap in a few years.

Will rent though. After suffering UK prices for the past gazillion years, I can take the hit - it will be but a drop in the ocean. Case in point in the link.

RH13002 - Thai Property

Having said that, any aspirations I had for the children being educated in an international school have been put paid to... Hua Hin international want 500,000 baht a year. They - to be quite frank - can get to fuck.

Cheers PB. Great thread love.

Last Online
    @
    ^Hellllo love.. Thanks for the comments. I have been talking with a few locals about renting a condo or property within Hua Hin. There are so many condos for rent, but some can be quite pricey. Your place looks reasonable 10,000 thb.. 400 metres from the ocean...nice! In regards to places to send your children to school.. there isn't that many choices. Hua Hin Int. is expensive! I know some expats that send their teenagers to a high school called: Patravadi School | Homepage. I realize that may be too far for to travel.. it is a bit of an artsy school. When do you hope to set these plans in place? Have you ever biked around there by the coast?

Last Online
    @
    It's been a few months since I've seen a beach or the sea.

I may well head to Hua Hin for a couple nights alone. Get away.

Where else is that near and ok for swimming? Pattaya? No way Jose.

Khao Takiab of course.

Last Online
    @
    Pranburi is about half hour away.. the Dolphin bay area. I hear it is really quiet and lovely there.
    https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/dol...ay-resort.html

Last Online
    @
    Ah.

Pranburi doesn't have a proper beach. The road runs paralell but it's a wall and the sea is a few feet below

Plenty of lovely hotels with pools and good views. (the one we stayed had neither btw, Al Baba resort)

Last Online
    14-02-2022 @ 06:52 PM
    dolphin bay is highly recommended. the further you go south, the better the beaches get.

hard to beat hua hin...

Last Online
    @
    Pranburi doesn't have a proper beach
    Really, but dolphin bay seems to. if you look on the map on the booking.com address I sent. It looks like a beach to me.

^Cheers Sam, I may be checking it out in December. Any recommendations on places to stay there?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information