Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Hua Hin

Last Online
    @

Trip to Hua Hin

I recently spent three weeks in Hua Hin and a weekend in Bangkok. I had never been to Hua Hin before and went there to do a Muay Thai Fitness vacation. I worked quite hard and enjoyed my time. I got to see a bit of Hua Hin, but hope to go back in December to do some bicycle tours along the coast.

The serviced apartment I stayed in was quite new (about a year old). It was very clean and had a great pool. It was 1400 baht per night and the room was cleaned everyday. They included a free litre of water everyday. It also had a balcony overlooking the pool.

Nearby temple - I walked by this everyday and loved how the sun rose and set behind it.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-03-2021 @ 08:47 AM
    Cheers...And welcome, once again...Spent a few months in Cha Am and went to Hua Hin a few times to kick around for awhile...

Last Online
    @
    I saw a lot of local life doing my daily 7km walk at 6am.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by BaitongBoy View Post
    Cheers...And welcome, once again...Spent a few months in Cha Am and went to Hua Hin a few times to kick around for awhile...
    Cheers BB... I was a little away from the downtown core, so I didn't even get to visit it...but I enjoyed my time where I was located near Koh Takiab (Monkey Mountain).

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Love Hua Hin and the surrounding areas- nice pics. Stayed for a bit in the 2011 floods and did some Muay Thai out of curiosity. Tough workout for sure, my legs were dead for days

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandaloopy View Post
    Love Hua Hin and the surrounding areas- nice pics. Stayed for a bit in the 2011 floods and did some Muay Thai out of curiosity. Tough workout for sure, my legs were dead for days
    Thanks, Muay Thai is a great workout for sure. I did it for three weeks straight everyday along with a full day of workouts.

Last Online
    @
    The grounds were so green and stunning.

Last Online
    @
    Spotted this sweet stray cat up between the beams of the roof. I'm sure it was hiding from the three big dogs that roam around.

Breakfast was really healthy good.. fruit, muesli and natural yogurt.

last farang standing
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:43 PM
    I understand how the fitness kick can get to you. I've been changing channels on the TV without using the remote for weeks now. AAAh the healthy life. Only worry is the hamstrings tightening, but no pain no gain. That fruit is making me hungry. I better go and fry up some chips.

Last Online
    @
    ^ .. healthy, until I moved to Shanghai and have been out on the booze for the last week. Yes, run and fry up those chips, I'm sure your arteries will love it.

Went to the nearby Cicada Market, where there is a huge buffet of yummy food stalls.
    The market is clean and has many locals who sell their arts and crafts. The market also has local bands playing.

These chicken and vegetable skewers were delicious and cheap. For this market you need to buy tickets and if you buy say 100 baht, you will get small denominations you can use at the vendors.

Last Online
    @

Last Online
    @

Mmm, Satay chicken and grilled corn. I did go to this market on the weekends only when it runs from Fri night to Sunday just fyi.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Nearby temple - I walked by this everyday and loved how the sun rose and set behind it.
    is the earth reversing its direction of spin, or is it that you have taken too many blows to the head?

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-03-2021 @ 08:47 AM
    ^ Mere details, tax...

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    is the earth reversing its direction of spin, or is it that you have taken too many blows to the head?
    Haha.... okay let me rephrase. I liked how the light reflected off the building in the morning.

Last Online
    @
    Stayed at the Mercure Siam next to MBK. It is on the higher levels and the IBIS is on the lower levels.

Room was clean and nice. This one was taken off the internet.

The rooftop pool was flippin' awesome with nice views of Bangkok. The bar had a vast selection of beers and food. They also had a deal where you post a photo of the pool on fb or instagram and get food for 50%. I had to show them the picture and food was half price.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by bnice2me View Post
    a deal where you post a photo of the pool on fb or instagram and get food for 50%. I had to show them the picture and food was half price.
    It seems to be a "thing" these days. I've been in restaurants where they've offered a discount (5%, 10%, 15%) for "checking in" to the restaurant on FB. 50% seems like a good deal. Perhaps you could have got the other 50% off with Eatigo (see Dillinger for details).

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:16 PM
    Hands down the best picture thread of the year so far. Barring BLDs mine thread of course.

It's threads like these that make me wonder what I'm still doing in the rat race. I guess because I think I'm gonna win it. Mabey I'll just send #1 son and see if he gets the shit kicked out of him. If not I'm in!. I can take him on any given Sunday. Or at least I have in the past.

Thanks for posting, I'd try but the win8 has my mind in circles. Resize to what? And how.?

To be honest my gf threw my good laptop across the room when she thought I was hooking up with smoochie. And yes offering a Benji here and there doesn't help my case much. Especially if it's not to her.

Spinning in the slipstream. .............fish.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    I was just thinking on how the fish is in fact a pig. Yes, you can dress the fish up but on arrival he is still just...............................well........... .......................the fish.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    To dispel all rumor and conjecture I, in fact am not a pig.
    No kidding.

the fish.

Last Online
    @
    Spent a week at the Ibis next to Khao Takiab last year, ventured into town a couple of times, nothing great about it, couple of decent coffee shops, one place had a 'horse' theme with lots of retro furniture and fittings, great ice cream too.

That market is pretty good to spend a couple hours of an evening. Jazz band played most nights we were there, nice vibe. Grilled fish worth waiting for.

Great pics!!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    @fishy - you're still talking (and swimming) in circles. Heh...

@bnice - I knew you as MissT. Thanks for the pix and welcome back! Hope to see more pic threads from you.

Last Online
    @
    Koh Takiab is the place to be.

The Anastilia (sp?) is nice for families, and you can get a beach seat without having to stay there, also a restaurant a bit further up is a bit more chilled.

I didn't eat as healthy as you when I was there..

but I got me one of these!

I'd like to see what morning looks like
    Don't wanna drink pint after pint
    I wanna wake up without feeling sick
    But I can't cuz I'm a drug-abusing alcoholic

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna
    It seems to be a "thing" these days. I've been in restaurants where they've offered a discount (5%, 10%, 15%) for "checking in" to the restaurant on FB. 50% seems like a good deal. Perhaps you could have got the other 50% off with Eatigo (see Dillinger for details).
    I've never heard of Eatigo.. . It was the first time I had seen something like this. I sure wasn't complaining about 50%, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fishlocker
    Hands down the best picture thread of the year so far. Barring BLDs mine thread of course

Thanks very much the fish. Keep swimming..

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat
    Spent a week at the Ibis next to Khao Takiab last year, ventured into town a couple of times, nothing great about it, couple of decent coffee shops, one place had a 'horse' theme with lots of retro furniture and fittings, great ice cream too.
    Nice.. the IBIS was across the street from where I was staying. Did you get to the beach? I'll have to look for that 'horse' theme restaurant next time. They opened a mall called Blueport Resort not too far from Koh Takiab. The mall has some good restaurants and a food court in the basement(Coffee Club, Starbucks, etc). I went a few times to get out of the heat.
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23
    @bnice - I knew you as MissT. Thanks for the pix and welcome back! Hope to see more pic threads from you
    Cheers katie, ill post more. I have many from my time in Beijing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by armstrong
    Koh Takiab is the place to be.

The Anastilia (sp?) is nice for families, and you can get a beach seat without having to stay there, also a restaurant a bit further up is a bit more chilled.
    It looks like you had a fun time. Do you mean the Anantara hotel? Nice shirt.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-09-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    If near Hua Hin, a visit to the famous old Railway Hotel (later Sofitel, now still Centara?) is worthwhile. The only one (?) built in the colonial style around 1920.

A visitor (falang) will usually not be barred from walking through to enjoy the architecture and all the facilities outside at the sea shore.

Many years ago the movie "Killing Fields" was shot here to show a hotel in Cambodia.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information