Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online
    @

“My Mate Nate” to face police summons over his latest coins flattening stunt

American YouTuber known as “My Mate Nate” will be summoned by the railway police for questioning over his latest stunt for flattening coins on the rail track which was posted in his YouTube channel.

Pol Maj-Gen Surapong Thanomchit, commander of railway police, said Friday (July 14) that legal action would be taken against the controversial YouTuber, identified as Nate Bartling if his stunt was deemed illegal.

State Railway of Thailand (SRT) deputy governor Thanongsak Pongprasert, meanwhile, said Bartling’s stunt was inappropriate and might cause train derailment. He indicated that the American might have committed civil and criminal offences.

The deputy governor went on saying that he had instructed the railway police to summon Bartling for questioning to find out his real motive for carrying out the stunt by flattening the coins on the rail track to be crushed by train.

The video was posted on July 13 and got almost 600,000 views in less than 24 hours.

The SRT also issued a statement on Friday evening, saying that the video of the stunt staged by My Mate Nate which was posted in the Facebook page might tarnish the SRT’s image as far as public safety and confidence in travelling by train are concerned.

Citing Railway and Highway Act B.E. 2454, SRT said that unauthorized outsiders are not allowed to shoot a film in the compound of the SRT because it is regarded as territory to provide services to the public and any violation of the law is regarded as a petty offence.

The railway police are empowered to summon the violator for questioning, the statement said.

The statement added that although the flattening of coins on the track will not cause immediate train derailment because coins are softer than the track as they were made with tin, but if the stunt is done repeatedly, it might cause damage to the tracks which may, in the end, result in train derailment.

Also, the flattened coins may fly and hurt someone and the people who stage the stunt may get hurt or killed by train, the statement added.

Having heard about the summons to be served on him, Bartling pulled out his video clip about the stunt from YouTube and posted an explanation about his stunt on his Facebook page.

He said that he had done some research on scientific studies undertaken abroad about flattening coins on the rail tracks and all the studies confirmed that coins would not cause any damage to the track and would not cause train derailment “because coins are flat objects and the metal used to make coins are softer than the track.

Bartling said that the traces left on the track were glue from the tape used to fasten coins to the track and he had already removed the traces.

He claimed that the stunt was carried out to find out the coin of which country is the strongest and most durable. He quickly said that no Thai coins were used in the stunt.

“We apologize if our content has upset some people. I apologize this time and for the last time. I know some groups of people still chastise me, but it does not matter. I and my staff will try to improve the content of the video that somebody may feel it is a nonsense, but it is for entertainment sake,” said Bartling in his statement in the social media.

In another Facebook post, Bartling said railway police had already contacted him and summoned him for questioning.

“I will stop making new video for a while,” he said.

My Mate Nate became a subject of widespread criticism in the social media some months ago when he posted a footage in the social media featuring a fight between a cat and scorpions. The controversial clip also prompted animal protection groups to demand charges to be brought against him for cruelty against animals.

"My Mate Nate" to face police summons over his latest coins flattening stunt - Thai PBS English News

RIP
    Last Online
    @
    We used to put penny coins on the railway line and wait for them to be flattened into 2p coins.
    Unfortunately most remained stuck to the train wheels, apparently British Rail scrape about £2000 a year of their train wheels.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    @
    Nate Bartling. The only farang in Thailand who's ever made me think Smeg deserves a quick and painful rather than slow and painful death. I can only hope that this latest piece of fuckwittery leads to his televised execution by pencil sharpener.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    16-07-2021 @ 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Nate Bartling. The only farang in Thailand who's ever made me think Smeg deserves a quick and painful rather than slow and painful death. I can only hope that this latest piece of fuckwittery leads to his televised execution by pencil sharpener.
    are you having your period ? must be full moon

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    televised execution by pencil sharpener.
    hes been watching the isis channel again.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-10-2018 @ 04:29 PM
    He's a bloody idiot. My son whose only 11 years old watches this dickhead daily on his mobile. Thank god we don't live near a railway track. My son would be copying what this idiot had done and try taping coins to the tracks.

You never go near railway tracks, I was taught as a young boy. If you were caught playing near a railway track the police would arrive and tell you off.

Being cruel to cats, freezing and unfreezing live fish and now this mindless, stupid stunt. I hope he gets fined lots of money. Make him think next time.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Being cruel to cats put him in the death sentence category with me.

Last Online
    @
    That chin on a train line would have me subscribing.

Harbinger of Doom

Last Online
    @
    Worthy of execution for his annoying nasal voice alone.

Last Online
    @
    Cue: 'You're all jealous' post.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    I think he is a twat. Next time he should try flattening his own grossly inflated ego.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-12-2020 @ 05:03 AM
    I used to put coins on the tracks when I was a kid, was cool watching them get stretched out.

I grew out of it by the time I was about 10 though, weird that a grown man would do it

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    I dont buy it. No real American would name a youtube channel "My mate Nate."

Throw the book at him!

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Any Mercan that calls me mate automatically gets put on the Gaydar. I take it he was in slyland for a long long time.
    Hell in my teens we would play under a wooden train trestle and pitch lumber through the ties just to hear it rattle across the bridge.

As we would say"it's hard to stop a train." Lord knows we tried.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    A case of where a nickel is to be made I'd sum it up as. A learning curve for the child then.
    It's all good. Set the Precedence they are. Can't be smooshing pennies can we?

Last Online
    @
    Hope they throw the book at the twat.

Would kill for his thai skills but not in that grating accent

I bet he gets off with it and continues his assholery though. A girl showed me a video and assumed l'd be well impressed and proud of my fellow farang.

I reckon his agent will know a few people though.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Passing Through View Post
    Worthy of execution for his annoying nasal voice alone.
    I've never listened to him. My hatred is based on his appearance only. It is the purest form of hatred. Almost Godlike.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    My hatred is based on his appearance only.
    For a decade and a half our lives we're either incapable of doing this or it's forbidden. For the next decade and a half of our lives the data may be unreliable.

At 30 if you have no confidence in your ability to spot a total arsehole on sight then you merely lack confidence.

Last Online
    @
    Oh yeah l forgot to add, l hate the look of the c**t too.

They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Well "they" can piss off in this case.

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    My hatred is based on his appearance only. It is the purest form of hatred. Almost Godlike.
    That was mint.
    Welcome home Bob; you no doubt enjoyed a wonderful moment of satori.
    Decades of politically correct brainwashing are not easy to shed.
    I hate therefore I am !
    Watch more episodes of ''Love Thy Neighbour'' 'On the Buses'' etc
    to reach your full potential.

For the record I disliked him instantly too, based solely on the shape of his eyes, in that (unwatched) Youtube video thumbnail,
    looks just like that kunt richard geres.

Dr bob is Postman Pat

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Growing up in Upper Michigan, what would we have done with our time without the train coming in every two days? Pennys, M80's, and lots of other things on the track, riding it out of town as it slowly sped up the grade, those were great times. No YouTube back then.
    You Make Your Own Luck

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by blue
    you no doubt enjoyed a wonderful moment of satori.
    Never met her.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat
    They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
    Obviously they've never seen a copy of the Necronomicon

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-03-2021 @ 08:47 AM
    Thought there'd at least be a mention of "defacing" somebody on the coins...

Last Online
    @
    ^ He used foreign coins.

My friends and I did the same thing as kids. Some adult always came around to tell us to stop before we wrecked the train.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    02-08-2017 @ 04:02 PM
    The kids an idiot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information