Last Online
    28-11-2017 @ 10:03 PM

Best products for inner walls and ceiling

My second floor is wood built with insulation inside and shera outside, now im try find best solution on material selection. plasterboard or particleboard was first alternatives i thinked of, but i guess particleboard is of the list. This room are air-conditioned bedrooms so i need material who keep the rooms cold. I have seen Global have some grey plates, could it be a mix of cement and plaster? they cost more than plasterboard and heavier, any know thie plates? or any other advices?

roofing is steel constructed, with Bluescoope metal roofing( with foam inside) Im thinking of using plasterboard in ceiling, but then i have see some light ceiling board/tiles ( i think 60x60) are they good? Btter than plasreboead?I will isolate in top of ceiling.

My buiding tread (My Isaan House Building Tread)
    Pink

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink
    Im thinking of using plasterboard in ceiling, but then i have see some light ceiling board/tiles ( i think 60x60) are they good? Better than plasterboard?I will isolate in top of ceiling.
    If you're going to insulate above the ceiling then it's plasterboard. If you need regular access to the roof space then 'light ceiling board/tiles', no insulation. IMO don't insulate above the plasterboard also, as the rising heat won't get through. I see no reason to insulate anything here.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    15-11-2020 @ 07:58 PM
    Our house is wood and the 3 bedrooms have a/c
    We used plasterboard with the silver insulation on the ceilings with insulation laid on top of that (belt and braces). A framed hatch was cut for ease of access to the roof space.

We used the same plasterboard to line the interior walls and it seems to have worked well.

Last Online
    @
    Ventilation not insulation is how the Thais keep a house cool.
    My next door neighbours house. Notice the spaces in the top of the wall planks. They catch the breeze which dissipates the heat.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Go with plasterboard aka gypsum. Where you need ceiling access to attic a small square plasterboard panel can be used but better to use cement board you saw at global house. One 60x60cm piece will do. I have 2 ceiling access points using cement board.
    any know thie plates?
    Cement board. Often used for under eves.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Go with plasterboard aka gypsum. Where you need ceiling access to attic a small square plasterboard panel can be used but better to use cement board you saw at global house. One 60x60cm piece will do. I have 2 ceiling access points using cement board.
    any know thie plates?
    Cement board. Often used for under eves.
    In the West, I've done something similar.

We call the ceiling access usually a 'manhole. The cover is usually Gyprock, the same material as ceiling/walls.
    The trouble with having a gyprock manhole cover is that it's brittle and the edges/corners can crack/crumble.

To use, as Norton has suggested, a cement board is a great idea.

I've used something else, but it's purpose is the same as cement board.
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago ...

Last Online
    Yes cement board is moving up the list now..i dont remember how much they cost, but will check again.

Edit: I read some say cement fiber boards not good to prevent heat and noise.

Pink
    Last edited by Pink; 16-05-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Last Online
    I Ended up with cement board for inside walls and plasterboard for ceiling.

Pink

Last Online
    25-09-2022 @ 09:45 AM
    Hi pink , do you have a cost breakdown for your plastering job . E.g. Square meter rate . Thanks in advance

Thread Information