Last Online
    @

Thai Teacher Under Fire for Punishing Student by Shaving his Head

NAKON SAWAN – A school teacher has come under a barrage of criticism from netizens after posting photos online of a student he punished by shaving parts of the boy’s head.

The images, showing the schoolboy’s ugly new hairstyle, were recently posted by Facebook user Worawut Sirithum, a teacher in Tha Tako district.

The teacher also posted the message, “A guy wanting to challenge (the hair code policy). I have already accepted his challenge.’’

His posting drew many negative comments, with people criticising him for acting improperly.

On Thursday, the teacher posted an apology to the school director and all teachers at his school for his improper posting. He said he had removed the images from his Facebook page.

Thai Teacher Under Fire for Punishing Student by Shaving his Head | Chiang Rai Times English Language Newspaper

Last Online
    @
    Whilst I agree the teacher should not have posted the pics the boy should not have gone to school without getting the acceptable hair cut. Like all children the boy in the pic tried to push his luck. Good on the teacher in making sure he had it cut to school rules.

Edit. In the pictures there's more than 'a student'. Looks like 2 boys.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-03-2021 @ 08:47 AM
    Another brick in the wall...

god
    Last Online
    @
    That forced haircut constitutes an assault and a violation upon a person.

The teacher should be disciplined for losing his ego control...something male Thais are not very good at, at times.

The pupil's arrogance could have been dealt with in another way,.... by being given school maintenance duties like cleaning school yards, suspension and/or a meeting between the school authorities and the boy's parents/guardians to find out the underlying issue(s) causing the kid to stick his neck out.
    “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? John 10:34.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-10-2018 @ 04:29 PM
    Idiot teacher, posting negative images that could have cost him his job and got him in trouble with the police on his own facebook page. What a plonker!
    He wins the,

T.eacher
    W.ants
    A.ttention
    T.hailand

Award 2017.

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Whilst I agree the teacher should not have posted the pics the boy should not have gone to school without getting the acceptable hair cut. Like all children the boy in the pic tried to push his luck. Good on the teacher in making sure he had it cut to school rules.

Just another no control petty tyrant exerting his "power" over kids. Nothing to do with discipline or following school rules.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic
    the boy should not have gone to school without getting the acceptable hair cut.
    So you're a supporter of the Thai elite effort to force all individuals to conform to their way of keeping the "peasants" in line like sheep?
    I support school rules in principle, but I support an individual's choice to challenge the rules when the rules are pointless.
    A dress standard, yes, a hair cut guideline (off the collar, for example), maybe, but the exact same short back and sides for every school age boy in the country and a bob for every girl, I think robs kids of their individuality and is oppressive (as it's designed to be).
    I agree with ENT here (I hope I'm not going crazy also!). If I was the parent of those boys I would be pressing for the teacher to be disciplined.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg
    Just another no control petty tyrant exerting his "power" over kids. Nothing to do with discipline or following school rules.
    It's normal practice for this to be carried out around where I live.

Last Online
    06-09-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    If this was the real world the Dad would just go to that school and slap the living piss and shit out of that teacher.

Thailand really is Planet of The Apes come true.

Stupid fukin place it is.

I do love it though, maybe because it's so fuked up.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    15-11-2020 @ 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post
    That forced haircut constitutes an assault and a violation upon a person.

The teacher should be disciplined for losing his ego control...something male Thais are not very good at, at times.

The pupil's arrogance could have been dealt with in another way,.... by being given school maintenance duties like cleaning school yards, suspension and/or a meeting between the school authorities and the boy's parents/guardians to find out the underlying issue(s) causing the kid to stick his neck out.
    Absolutely agree.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg
    It's normal practice for this to be carried out around where I live.
    Yes...quite often I've been at the local Barbers when a young lad has come in with a big chunk of hair missing from the back of his head made by a clipper happy teacher.....lol
    Big Ol' Lucky Ol' Al.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa
    Yes...quite often I've been at the local Barbers when a young lad has come in with a big chunk of hair missing from the back of his head made by a clipper happy teacher.....lo
    Are you saying I'm wrong that teachers don't regularly cut the hair of a child that breaches school rules?

In the government school system children’s heads (and dress) are routinely inspected by teachers often with a pair of scissors in hand; rules violators are punished and the offending hairstyles corrected as students stand many rows deep in the school yard before the national flag. Many school girls have related a common story that if their hair is deemed a millimeter or two too long, it would meet the scissors at about the middle of the ear, to make sure the earlobes show. School boys whose sides of the head are covered with hair, skin not clearly visible, would be sent to the battalion pronto. Offenders sometimes have to pay a fine.
    https://asiancorrespondent.com/2013/...ldrens-rights/

Last Online
    06-09-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    They used to that in Nazi Germany right.

Oh sorry, Thailand is like Nazi Germany in some ways eh.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa
    Yes...quite often I've been at the local Barbers when a young lad has come in with a big chunk of hair missing from the back of his head made by a clipper happy teacher.....lol
    Are you saying I'm wrong that teachers don't regularly cut the hair of a child that breaches school rules?
    No...I'm just say the here in Surin the local school kids often have a clipper gouge in the back of their hair where the teacher has deemed his student needs a hair cut.I assume this is only done after the pupil has not had his hair cut when asked .
    Seems reasonable to me

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    30-09-2023 @ 02:09 PM

i would point out, i send my kids to school to learn academic subjects end of.
    too many teachers are on a power trip. thats some teachers around the world teachers

Thread Information