View Single Post
Old 19-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
toddaniels
Thailand Expat

toddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expat
toddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expattoddaniels Thailand Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold digger View Post
work an 8 and 3 rotation and always got a tourist visa 16yrs of traveling to thailand , january this year got pulled at immigration, into a side office female officer basically said there was nothing wrong with what i was doing but i should get either a retirement or marriage visa.
a few mates have had the same happen to them one was refused entry.
No matter what a low level, power tripping, passport stamping officer tells you if you disagree ALWAYS push it up the bamboo ladder of command.

There is NO rule on the number of tourist visa entries OR 30 day visa exempt entries a person can or can't have.

Now they can most certainly ask you to meet those "3-proof-ofz" which are;
  • proof of onward travel
within 30 days entering visa exempt
within 60 days entering on a tourist visa
  • proof of adequate finances
10K baht entering visa exempt
20K baht entering on a tourist or Non-Immigrant visa
  • proof of hotel booking or lodging.
If you meet those though, I've never found a reported case where someone was denied entry.

Actually, I have but they were people from those 21 countries that enter on a 15 day "visa-on-arrival" which they buy when they show up here.

Sometimes people are so shit scared of a thai in a uniform that they won't bother asking and just accept what ever comes out of Somchai the thai's mouth.
toddaniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09179 seconds with 19 queries