Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Last Online
    @
    Good. She knew he was reckless when driving and even made a video stating the fact. They weren't even a pair having split up due to her fear of him.

I don't feel safe with Danny': YouTuber killed in Thai crash BROKE UP with father of her unborn baby months before she died and posted video sobbing about him

• Sophie Emma Rose, 41, was killed when moped she was on collided with a truck
    • Her 'partner' Danny Glass was driving the moped in Phuket at the time of crash
    • Sophie revealed she was in an 'emotionally difficult relationship' weeks before
    • 'I do not feel safe with him,' the pregnant mother said to her YouTube followers
    • She went on to say she 'could not have a friendship' with Mr Glass, 29, from Kent
    Daily mail.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Nice to see the Thai upholding the law and preserving its unblemished health and safety record in charging the wretched driver so quickly, seemingly on the basis that he is a farang.

Anyone for a Red Bull?

Of course, if he had been driving a Mercedes, related to a ' rich person' or a 'person of influence' then the investigation may have taken much longer and permitted unrestricted travel anywhere in the world.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Watch his video. He admits being too close to the vehicle in front and losing control during emergency braking.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-10-2018 @ 04:29 PM
    He's done nothing wrong! It was an accident. How could you plan this! Poor Danny is at the mercy of the tabloid gutter press from the U.K. Daily Mail, the Sun and the Daily Mirror every week have a twisted story from Thailand. Pure fantasy stories to sell newspapers and online advertising. Shame on them.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by blue
    and the lorry driver Natt Awut Timsue are to be charged with causing death by reckless driving
    So what did the truck driver do wrong in this scenario? Speeding?

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonandson View Post
    He's done nothing wrong! It was an accident
    Oh right, so those things called RTAs (road traffic accident) are nobody's fault, because they're called accidents.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-01-2022 @ 12:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Immigrunt View Post
    Watch his video. He admits being too close to the vehicle in front and losing control during emergency braking.
    So he's not responsible as it's clearly a case of brake failure...the speeding or tailgaiting have nothing to do with it, if he were Thai that would works well...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    He's done nothing wrong! It was an accident
    Oh right, so those things called RTAs (road traffic accident) are nobody's fault, because they're called accidents.
    Yes ... The majority of motor vehicle crashes are the result of poor decision-making on the part of one or more drivers !!!!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Poor Danny is at the mercy of the tabloid gutter press from the U.K. Daily Mail, the Sun and the Daily Mirror every week have a twisted story from Thailand. Pure fantasy stories to sell newspapers and online advertising. Shame on them.
    I think he's more at the mercy of the Thai judicial system.
    Those papers aren't making these stories up, are they, these stories just happen to be true and they are only reporting them, just like they do when a Brit is arrested anywhere else in the world.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Immigrunt
    Sometimes they are. This was certainly an "accident" in the purest sense of the word.

The question is, was it reckless? It doesn't seem like alcohol or drugs was involved, so that's off the table. But was he driving reckless, by Thai standards (which is where he is being charged after all). I don't think there's even an argument to be had on that score. No one with a straight face could make that argument.

My opinion: This guy clearly should not have been driving a motorbike that he didn't know how to handle. His lack of skill made him a danger to himself, his girlfriend, and his kid.

I also believe he should not be charged for what was clearly an accident. His unborn child died. I think that's about punishment enough.

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Phuket truck owner donates B20k towards Sophie Anderson’s funeral

PHUKET: The owner of the 18-wheel truck which crushed Sophie Emma Rose Anderson on May 8 has today (May 19) given her family B20,000 in contribution to funeral arrangements.

Mr Suwan Maad Adan makes his donation to the family. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

Mr Suwan Maad Adan was at Thalang Police station at 2.30pm to hand over the B20,000, which was received on behalf of Ms Anderson’s family by her ex-husband and father of her five-year-old son.
    “I wanted to give this money because I feel very sorry for what happened. I feel very sorry for her child, and I feel sorry for her. I wish it had never happened,” Mr Suwan told The Phuket News,” Mr Suwan said.
    “My truck insurance representative is working on getting the compensation payment now. But this B20,000 is from me, to Sophie’s family, for her funeral,” he added.
    Read more at

Phuket truck owner donates B20k towards Sophie Anderson?s funeral

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^I think that about clears up who is going to be held responsible for the death of this lady.

Sorry white guy who lost his kid. Bangkok Hilton for you

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    So it's Sofie's family pressing the charges. The death of a family member has sparked revenge in the minds of the bitter family. Poor Danny, I heard him say in one of the videos his mum was on the way. Hope she can help.
    Fight Danny, don't let the bitter family feud put you in jail for nothing. It wasn't your fault. Accidents happen.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Accidents happen.
    But you will never cause them if you always ride carefully.

This was not a no-fault accident. It was caused by not leaving a safe stopping distance. That's causing death by reckless driving.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by redhaze
    This was certainly an "accident" in the purest sense of the word.

The question is, was it reckless? It doesn't seem like alcohol or drugs was involved, so that's off the table. But was he driving reckless, by Thai standards (which is where he is being charged after all). I don't think there's even an argument to be had on that score. No one with a straight face could make that argument.
    Or so I thought...

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonandson
    It wasn't your fault. Accidents happen.
    Why do people get jailed for causing accidents? Cuz accidents can be avoided.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Saw the video and had to stop at 2:36.

Terrible.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    It wasn't your fault. Accidents happen.
    Every accident can be avoided, but he was not reckless driving. Define reckless driving in Thailand. Go look it up in the law book. Is there a law that says driving to close to the back of another vehicle is driving reckless?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic
    People do not get jailed every time there is an accident. You're aware of that right? There are standards to determine whether charges are pressed.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by redhaze View Post
    Ridiculous

This was certainly an "accident" in the purest sense of the word.

Or so I thought...
    Not ridiculous or difficult to understand. Driving too close to the vehicle in front is a crime, reckless driving, because you'll be unable to stop safely if it has to stop suddenly.

In this case he likely locked up the front wheel while trying not to go into the back of the stopped vehicle in front, and spilled his passenger into the path of the truck. If he'd left a safe distance and made a controlled stop, she'd still be alive.

That so many remain ignorant of this basic safety concept, and that there are so many idiot tailgaters around, is why it continues to claim so many lives.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Not ridiculous or difficult to understand. Driving too close to the vehicle in front is a crime
    Cite the Thai law or GTFO

you will never cause them if you always ride carefully.
    Saying you will never cause an accident if you drive carefully is the most laughable, ridiculous claim ever. Accidents can happen to anyone, careful people can make mistakes. And they do.

P.S. Your posts are not smart, often.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Accidents happen.

This was not a no-fault accident. It was caused by not leaving a safe stopping distance. That's causing death by reckless driving.
    Show me proof that this is the law in Thailand. Everyday, on every road, every vehicle is riding up each others asses. This is Thailand, no one leaves a safe stopping distance. No, you want Danny to rot because you are a rule book, do-gooder who has no thought for what this means for poor Danny. He will die if he gets locked up. Only a miracle will save poor Danny if he is shackled and thrown into a hell hole. Forum or not, remember we are talking about real peoples lives. Stop playing stupid games.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Stop playing stupid games.
    Well the first thing you have to understand is that he's an idiot...

Last Online
    13-04-2020 @ 08:22 PM
    Always leave enough space to brake in an emergency. 3 second rule we call it in NZ.
    and over here that's about as long as it takes for another car to pull into the braking space you'r trying to keep.

Last Online
    @
    There are standards to determine whether charges are pressed.
    In Thailand? You ever been involved in an accident and made to attend a 'who's to blame' inquiry at the police station? I have, and they make the rules up as they see fit according to their interpretation. Being poor is one aspect.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information