Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Never hear much about getting laid in Myanmar, from tourists or expats...

Is it basically a "put a ring on my finger first," situation, or...?
    got a couple of friends living/teaching in Burma in a few places, girls are available,its just not in ur face

I have traveled from the far north (Khamti, Myitkyina) to the far south ( Kwathoung)
    In Nov did a 10day motorcycle trip thru the Chin State. In march went to Mrauk-U.
    Inle lake is the only place i did not like, the lake is truly beautiful, but Nyaungshwe is the ONLY place in Burma that reminds me of Khao san road
    and its quite commercialized.
    The ONLY time saw no tourists was when i went down the Chindwin river an didn't see another white face for 10 days
    Bagan, at sunset at the "places to be" is a zoo

I live on noodles, fried rice,try to find a shan or Chinese restaurant
    Where ever u are its quite easy to travel, but as stated hours suck....boats departed at at 4 am ,trains 6-7am,( and slow but prefer them to bus travel) bus's late at night, its only flights that seem to arrive, depart at civilized hours.

People are great, but out in the boonies few, if any speak English, unless u find some old men that fought with the brits

Richard Reitman Photography | Myanmar (Burma)
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol or insanity, but they've always worked for me" HST

View my pics

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    23-01-2019 @ 04:19 PM
    <walks away mumbling>

can get laid easier in saudi and save 4x the amount and eat better...

Uhh,...thanks for the info.!

RIP
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuketrichard
    Fantastic pics in your link!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chittychangchang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuketrichard
    Fantastic pics in your link!
    thanks

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    29-04-2023 @ 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandaloopy View Post
    Having lived here for a year I'll give my two kyat

Incredible Cuisine- I'm at home with food poisoning, so I'll try to be objective about it. Some of it is really rather nice: Shan Noodles, Tomato salad and more than just a few of the curries are pretty decent. The vegetables have been the biggest let down for me- drowned in oil. However, to counter this there is some truly fantastic Indian veggie food to be had. The Chinese food on offer is disappointingly average. I've also eaten some Thai food that was some the best I have eaten.The amount of oil is also a big turn off for me

Hotels- always found somewhere comfy to rest for $30-$50. I haven't done backpacker digs here and don't intend to. I don't share bathrooms, I need aircon and I want a double bed. Fussy,eh?

Traveling: Not as easy as Thailand- the buses leave at odd hours and the trains are bouncy-really! That said, I have found the VIP buses to be far superior to their Thai counterpart. The trains, to be fair, do have a certain faded glory kinda atmosphere about them that I like.

The People: Just lovely- welcoming, friendly and keen to show you their country and help you out. The highlight of life so far in Myanmar has been the people.

Stuff to see and do: You better like pagodas! For me the highlight of my holidays in Myanmar has been the hiking opportunities in Shan State. Actually, Shan State in general seems to be nicer than Mandalay. The food would be the most striking example. I'd recommend coming over before the countryside gets too developed.

Not been to the coast yet but it is on the list- it's certainly not cheaper than Thailand. Some of the resorts at Ngapali will set you back over $100++
    good info, very posiive. I feel the same

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information