View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
PAG
Thailand Expat

PAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand Expat
PAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand ExpatPAG Thailand Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAG View Post
OK, from what I'm reading on the UK Government website, it appears that only the Certificate of Registration (as a UK Citizen) is required, without any changes to her Thai passport.

Guidance notes:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._44_03.17_.pdf
PAG ..... Thank you for this link .
And you're right of course . This document talks only about needing a Certificate of Registration .
And then you get there and they say they reserve the Right to demand any additional documents they so desire once you have made the long trek to their miserable presence !
OK, one step at a time. From your reply above, it appears that the lady (your wife?) though now eligible, hasn't yet obtained the Certificate of Registration, this in order to apply for a UK passport. In order to do this, she needs formal identification, i.e. Passport, which is Thai and in her maiden name, though you're married and she has your surname.

Firstly, were you married in the UK or Thailand? If in Thailand, the Thai marriage certificate would need to be translated into English (most, including myself, have this done once the certificate is issued by the Amphur). A Thai passport has Latin alphabet spelling of the holder's name, as well as Thai. This should be the same name as on the UK marriage certificate or the translated Thai one. She would have had to provide documentation when obtaining her UK visa, so same should suffice.

I've also read that Permanent Residence has to be applied for if wishing to apply for British citizenship (and subsequent passport).
PAG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09672 seconds with 19 queries