View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 12:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wasp
Thailand Expat

Wasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forum
Wasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forumWasp Thailand Expat on the Thailand travel forum
Unhappy Altering A Thai Passport ??

This may not be the place to ask but I'm sure someone will redirect me if need be .

Thai lady ..... married to a UK citizen and living in the UK .

She has kept her Thai passport and ID in her Thai name and with Thai writing et cetera.
Now she has become eligible for a UK Passport and a " friend" helpfully tells her that her official name in England is her English married name which she has been using in England for a while . So she is obliged to change her Thai passport to her English name before she can get a UK passport .

And her Thai ID , her Blue Book ..... she must translate her UK Marriage Certificate .
All a massive pain.

So is this true ? It's no good me going to any Passport Office websites because they will not actually answer anything at all .

Does anybody here know ?

My own little piece of heaven has never changed anything - but she has also never applied for a UK Passport .

It would be interesting to know if such a messed-up rigmarole has to be gone through .

Can she keep her Thai identity in all her documentation for Thailand and have a different name for the UK Passport ?

Wasp
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
HE Clinic

Page generated in 0.10549 seconds with 19 queries