Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    20-08-2018 @ 01:32 AM
    Time to move on, please. Keep some respect for the next one who will appear here shortly. I was nearly wiped out by a shithead driving an articulated lorry in Udon about forty minutes ago. It is the way it is.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NZdick1983 View Post
    Truck driver fleeing the scene - would strongly imply his guilt no? I will give the couple the benefit of the doubt, with regards to their culpability and think the truck driver was driving recklessly. If it had been a Farang hit and run, killing a pregnant Thai woman, you guys would be all over him like white on rice...
    Sometimes I really wonder what forum it is that you read.

BTW...deciding who is guilty is rushing to judgement, not giving benefit of the doubt.
    Agreed. Fleeing is a paranoid superstitious cowardly thing to do but doesn't necessarily shows guilt.

Nobody other than the two drivers knows exactly what happened, and never will. Would be interesting to hear dreadies version of events though.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille
    Sometimes I really wonder what forum it is that you read. BTW...deciding who is guilty is rushing to judgement, not giving benefit of the doubt.
    Fair point...

But to my mind (feeble as it may well be ) the truck driver fleeing the scene implicates his guilt... I could be wrong, he might have had an urgent need for somtam plaa, that superseded his desire to stop and render assistance....

Of course, I'm not denying the couple could have recklessly pulled out in front of the truck, causing her death, but knowing how the Thais drive (i.e. with complete and utter disregard for the safety of others) I still maintain it's 'probably' the truck driver's fault...

But yeah, let's wait for the truth to emerge (if it ever does)...

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    He's cut his hair.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    24-01-2024 @ 07:02 AM
    Its sad news...RIP for a girl and child...

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by NZdick1983
    But to my mind (feeble as it may well be ) the truck driver fleeing the scene implicates his guilt... I could be wrong, he might have had an urgent need for somtam plaa, that superseded his desire to stop and render assistance....
    Maybe the truck driver just shocked and scared...I really dont know who wrong in this case

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    It's an interesting video. Guessing that he didn't leave a sensible stopping distance and lost control during an emergency stop, dumping his passenger in the truck's path.

He talks about his future and doesn't seem to realise at all that he could be charged and jailed for dangerous driving resulting in death.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    As I have read thai news..seem motorbike drove avoid other car then crash with truck...

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonton View Post
    RIP, what a risk to take when you are pregnant.
    There's an old saying about people leaving their brains at the airport on arrival.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:30 AM
    Bit stupid making a video that says you lost control of a vehicle and that resulted in someone's death. Also instead of picking up his passenger, he picked up the bike!

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    Any vehicle on the road should travel at a speed whereby they can stop in an emergency (child running out in front of a car/truck, etc...)

On my way to work in Korat, a child fell off the back of a motorbike in front of my car, if I had been following too close (tail-gating) the kid would have had no chance, luckily I could brake in time... however, the car behind me didn't leave enough distance - and skidded into the back of me.

Always leave enough space to brake in an emergency. 3 second rule we call it in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicethaiza
    Maybe the truck driver just shocked and scared...I
    ^ The poor wee thing... I shall have to remember that excuse the next time I splatter someone's brains under my vehicle... then do a runner...

I am in Jail

Last Online
    everyone not the same..many thai do a runner..soon police will find him...

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by NZdick1983 View Post
    Any vehicle on the road should travel at a speed whereby they can stop in an emergency (child running out in front of a car/truck, etc...)

On my way to work in Korat, a child fell off the back of a motorbike in front of my car, if I had been following too close (tail-gating) the kid would have had no chance, luckily I could brake in time... however, the car behind me didn't leave enough distance - and skidded into the back of me.

Always leave enough space to brake in an emergency. 3 second rule we call it in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicethaiza
    Maybe the truck driver just shocked and scared...I
    ^ The poor wee thing... I shall have to remember that excuse the next time I splatter someone's brains under my vehicle... then do a runner...
    It doesn't matter about the brainless local that did this. The fact is everyone knows there are brainless locals driving around that shouldn't even have a license for a kid's trike, let alone a vehicle.

It's beyond my comprehension why a pregnant mother would put herself at such risk.

Then again I've seen enough schoolkids splattered under cars and lorries to realise that to the Thais at least it doesn't seem to matter a jot. Just an acceptable price for convenience.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    ^ everyone not the same..ei ei

Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    It's beyond my comprehension why a pregnant mother would put herself at such risk.
    ^ Agree... problem is, the poorer classes have little other choice when it comes to transportation... perhaps the good general could donate tanks for pregnant mothers.

Last Online
    @

Looking at the damage to the MC I'd say the driver of the 18 wheeler never knew he'd been in an accident, let alone killed anyone. Good enough reason as to why he didn't stop.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-10-2018 @ 04:29 PM
    Facebook of Danny Glass says the police him or the truck driver to go down for these death's.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post

Looking at the damage to the MC I'd say the driver of the 18 wheeler never knew he'd been in an accident, let alone killed anyone. Good enough reason as to why he didn't stop.
    I'm guessing he didn't hit the bike. They fell off sideways and her head was into the next lane of traffic.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Immigrunt
    I'm guessing he didn't hit the bike. They fell off sideways and her head was into the next lane of traffic.
    That's how I see it. Was she riding side saddle due to her being pregnant and with the BF losing control she fell backwards? Pregnant women usually ride side saddle cuz they can't throw their legs over.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Yep. If you watch the video he says that they weren't trying to get around a car. The car in front of them braked fast, he tried to stop behind them and started to lose control. He then bailed off the bike (essentially sounds like he did this due to him being a poor/inexperienced driver). His girlfriend fell off the bike and was lying in the road when the truck ran over her head. According to the boyfriend, she was wearing a helmet. Sounds like a full face helmet too, not one of those crappy "Thai style" helmets.

Shitty.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    ^It would pop like a stamped on egg under an 18 wheeler, like dreadless said.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Immigrunt View Post
    He's cut his hair.

The guy with the dreadlocks in the Phillipines that killed the copper did the same thing. Probably done because the courts may see him in a better light to being a scruffy down and out back packer?

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    ^ Yup, prolly wana emulate the pure and virtuous thai monks...

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Check out his YouTube channel. He did it last week and explains why.

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Boyfriend to be charged over pregnant British woman's Thailand scooter death

The boyfriend of a pregnant woman killed in a scooter accident in Thailand is to be charged over her death, police in the country have said.
    The scooter Danny Glass was riding on with Sophie Emma Rose Anderson collided with a truck in Phuket on 8 May.
    Mr Glass, 29, originally from Margate, escaped serious injury.
    Now he and the lorry driver Natt Awut Timsue are to be charged with causing death by reckless driving, Thai police said.
    Mr Glass - who lived in Thailand with Ms Anderson - is to hear the charges formally on Thursday and a translator has been called in for the hearing.
    His family is expected to attend.
    Ms Anderson, 41, originally from Blackpool, was a keen video blogger, as was Mr Glass.
    She had a YouTube channel called Sophie's Joy Breastfeeding Mama, on which she uploaded videos about nursing her son until the age of eight.
    After her death Mr Glass paid tribute to her in a video he uploaded on YouTube.
    He said he "missed her so much" and added: "Somebody wake me up from this nightmare... she is meant to be having my baby in three months."
    On Tuesday he posted another video titled 'When will I come back to Youtube', in which he stated he would not be posting any more videos for "a while" and did not know when he would return online.
    He said: "It's not the right time at the moment, I need to get my life in order and get through this death."
    A Foreign Office spokesman said: "We are in contact with the Thai police and are providing consular support to a British man following a road traffic accident in Bangkok."

bbc news

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information