Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast
    Last Online
    @

Pregnant farang lady killed in Phuket.

So sad.

BREAKING NEWS: Pregnant British woman is crushed to death in Thailand after truck smashes into her motorcycle

• Blackpool woman, 41, who was pregnant, was crushed to death in Thailand
    • She was killed after an 18-wheel lorry ploughed into her motorbike in Thalang
    • It was being ridden by her boyfriend, 29, who suffered only minor injuries
    A pregnant British woman has been crushed to death in Thailand after an 18-wheel lorry ploughed into her motorbike.
    The 41-year-old died when the moped collided with the truck outside a 7-Eleven store in Thalang, central Phuket.
    It was being ridden by her 29-year-old boyfriend, from Kent, who suffered only minor injuries.

The woman, who is from Blackpool, was six months pregnant, according to Lieutenant Colonel Sanit Nookong.
    Lt Col Nookong added: 'They were not married, but they were partners and he was the father of her unborn child.
    'Witnesses said the motorbike was travelling in the left lane northbound and pulled out to drive around a parked car, and was struck by the truck.'
    Lt Col Sanit Nukhong said: 'She was riding on a motorbike with her partner when they changed lanes to avoid a vehicle parked and blocking their path in the motorbike lane of the road. As they did this, the truck hit them from behind.
    'The woman was then run over by the truck and sustained fatal head injuries.'
    The incident happened just after 12.10pm local time - 6.10am UK time - on Monday.
    One witness said: 'I just saw the end of what happened. A woman had been knocked off by a lorry and her boyfriend was really upset.
    It is believed the lorry driver, a 30-year-old local man, handed himself into police after initially fleeing the scene.

Daily Mail

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Pregnant British woman killed in Phuket crash

Phuket News - Pregnant British woman killed in Phuket crash

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Stupid idiots.

Do a head check, and if you don't ride a motorbike in home country don't do it in LOS.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Only Farang are valuable to consider.
    Random strangers.

Last Online
    @
    She was killed after an 18-wheel lorry ploughed into her motorbike in Thalang

"The British woman died when the bike she was on (pictured) pulled out to drive around a parked car and was struck by a truck "

Seriously? An 18-wheeler "ploughed into" the pictured motorbike?

GTFOOH...
    Last edited by SKkin; 08-05-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    pregnant women and families wilh small children - why the fcuk do they go on holiday to places with high risk of infection of obscure disease and high risk of catasthopic incidents

where I wordk in sub saharan africa I connot believe people bring their families there

historical books talk about how quickly the white westerner will die - but I guess they do not read

I have mentioned this a few time recently, locally , so I guess I had better dig up the passages from the missonary books so I can tell people to read
    If you torture data for enough time , you can get it to say what you want.

Last Online
    @
    I've lost count of the number of times I've seen farang couples on a bike with a kid sandwiched between them, all wearing no helmets.

It's natures way when they get thinned out like this, stupid fuckers.

Banned

Last Online
    09-05-2021 @ 03:25 AM
    Compassionate bunch in here

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    Compassionate bunch in here
    I'm not at all compassionate about people who imperil or even kill kids with their stupidity, I admit it.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:12 AM
    RIP, what a risk to take when you are pregnant.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Where did it say she was on holiday? She lived there.

She was breastfeeding her son until age 8 :/

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxlA4nXX_B0V8UxQhn94bHA

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @

the deceased mother

the boyfriend

Pregnant British mother killed in Thailand scooter crash named as parenting vlogger Sophie Emma Rose

Telegraph Reporters
    8 MAY 2017 • 9:25PM
    A pregnant mother killed in a scooter crash in Thailand has been named locally as British parenting vlogger, Sophie Emma Rose.

Ms Rose, 41, who ran a YouTube channel where she advocated attachment parenting, unschooling and breastfeeding, died at the scene of the crash with an 18-wheel lorry.

On Monday her boyfriend Danny Glass, 29, paid tribute to her in a Facebook post.

He said: "I am in total shock as I've lost the most precious person I had ever connected with.

"My brain keeps going into denial. I am distraught. She was also pregnant so I lost my child too.

"I do not have access to all of her friends or family members so if you know any of them, please notify them that this has happened.

"I need as much love and support as I can from everyone."

Sophie Emma Rose and boyfriend Danny Glass
    Sophie Emma Rose and boyfriend Danny Glass CREDIT: UNIVERSAL NEWS
    Ms Rose, from Blackpool, Lancs., made national headlines last year after saying women should breastfeed until their children are eight.

She said her aim was to 'normalise breastfeeding older kids' and 'expose it until it becomes part of normal reality'.

Her YouTube channel 'Sophie's Joy Family Vlog' - which shows her breastfeeding her young son - has amassed millions of views.

Speaking last year, Ms Rose said she didn't want mothers to feel shame about breastfeeding and to bring breastfeeding into the public eye with her videos.

As well as breastfeeding her five-year-old son Shaye, she regularly shared a bed with him, home schooled him and raised him on a strict high-raw vegan diet.

Her last clip was uploaded just hours before the crash - a touching video of Shaye's father visiting them in Thailand.

Another Facebook user paid tribute to Ms Rose: "As I am sure so many folk are today, so hugely shocked at the sudden loss to this world of the wonderful, sensitive, insightful, brave and courageous, pioneering Sophie Emma Rose and her unborn and longed for second child.

"Dearest Sophie, I so appreciate having known you and the reflections we exchanged.

"I so adore your enquiring heart and soul, your passionate love of your beautiful son and I am so beyond sorry you will not be growing forward together with each other."

Pregnant British mother killed in Thailand scooter crash named as parenting vlogger Sophie Emma Rose

wheres the crowdfunding page??

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Pizza
    Do a head check, and if you don't ride a motorbike in home country don't do it in LOS.
    That and riding side saddle? But he probably lives here, thinks its a sleepy island paradise and because the locals do silly things on scooters he can get away with it as well.

Oh well today is another day in the life of the planet.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-03-2020 @ 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Pizza View Post
    Stupid idiots.

I would love to give up the motorcycles, but the way these idiots leave 5 car lengths at every green light, a 14 kilometer ride for breakfast in Ban Chang takes 20 minutes on the motorcycle and over an hour in the car. (The latter is just not worth it).

I would not even think of trying to take a car into Pattaya except in the middle of the night.

The driving behavior here, both in terms of danger and head up ass stupidity is a serious detriment to the quality of life.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile
    wheres the crowdfunding page??
    Isn't this it below?
    "I need as much love and support as I can from everyone."

Last Online
    13-04-2020 @ 08:22 PM
    I wonder how long before the BIB stitch him up with a death by dangerous driving charge?

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    Dreadlocks obscured his vision.

Last Online
    @
    Similar looking to the pair that killed the copper in the Philippines. Age difference about similar as well.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    Truck driver fleeing the scene - would strongly imply his guilt no? I will give the couple the benefit of the doubt, with regards to their culpability and think the truck driver was driving recklessly. If it had been a Farang hit and run, killing a pregnant Thai woman, you guys would be all over him like white on rice...

RIP lady (and innocent unborn child) very sad indeed.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-03-2022 @ 09:17 AM
    Hope it was quick and painless for the mother and the baby. RIP. Sad state of affairs. Condolence to the dad.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by NZdick1983 View Post
    Truck driver fleeing the scene - would strongly imply his guilt no? I will give the couple the benefit of the doubt, with regards to their culpability and think the truck driver was driving recklessly. If it had been a Farang hit and run, killing a pregnant Thai woman, you guys would be all over him like white on rice...

RIP lady (and innocent unborn child) very sad indeed.
    No the pillion passenger life is the riders responsibility,he pulled out into the path of the lorry.I know to pass a parked car so did he check in the mirror or misjudged speed of the lorry.From the picture of the bike no mirror on the side he would have used to pull out pass the car.I guess it might have come off during the accident but the bike isn't to badly damaged.
    Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas priests... more drink!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-10-2018 @ 04:29 PM
    RIP Sophie and unborn child.
    The moment of the crash caught on cctv.
    Watch the top left of the screen.

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    ^^ Probably removed by the cops before any photos. Makes their job easier.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-10-2018 @ 04:29 PM
    Last edited by Wilsonandson; 09-05-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by NZdick1983 View Post
    Sometimes I really wonder what forum it is that you read.

BTW...deciding who is guilty is rushing to judgement, not giving benefit of the doubt.

Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread Information