Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Airportwo
    If its a "Inverter" it shouldn't cycle but run constant and ramp up / down as needed?
    After reading about it, yes you're right...I guess I went from hearing it run to not hearing it run.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai3
    what did you buy in the end?
    Daikin - FTKM18NV2S I do believe, I'll check the model number when I get home. I did fill out the warranty card and mailed the top half this morning, for whatever that's worth. The material that came with the A/C also has the call center number on it.
    "I was a good student. I comprehend very well, OK, better than I think almost anybody," - President Trump comparing his legal knowledge to a Federal judge.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    however it's been the 50/50 split since we've moved in..... one water pump replaced, now one a/c replacement.
    I simply bought a new water pump. After all it is me that needs the water. I used what life there was left in the old one! A/C is 100% mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Airportwo
    If its a "Inverter" it shouldn't cycle but run constant and ramp up / down as needed?
    Yes. But the inverter only has so much turn-down. If the temp. goes below a certain threshold, even at minimum speed the unit will shut off.
    Better to think inside the pub, than outside the box?
    I apologize if any offence was caused. unless it was intended.
    You people, you think I know feck nothing; I tell you: I know feck all
    Those who cannot change their mind, cannot change anything.

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal
    A/C is 100% mine.
    We considered buying it ourselves, but the need to save money for a possible plan B overrode it.

Last Online
    22-02-2018 @ 10:12 PM
    If you use too high a BTU it tends to run for a few minutes to cool the room and then the humidity builds up over the next 20 minutes or so that it tkes to start again based on temperature.
    If you want to have a comfortable room do not oversize.

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by harrry
    If you want to have a comfortable room do not oversize.
    Thanks, I'll remember that...

last farang standing
    Last Online
    15-03-2024 @ 01:44 PM
    This may interest anyone interested in home air conditioning who may have power supply problems or are just interested in lower energy A/C. I dont know much about them but am endeavouring to find out from Gree in Thailand if available there. Will update Teak Door If i can get info.In the mean time this is the Oz brochure.

http://www.realcold.co.nz/media/3205...p-2016-web.pdf

Last Online
    24-01-2021 @ 08:11 PM
    Not sure this has been covered yet, but my air conditioning advice would be the following:

1. Determine the required BTU based on the seller's calculation, using the area and local factors (afternoon sun yes/no sun, etc.), but then get the next bigger BTU capacity.

2. Buy a Mitsubishi.

Is there anything else to add? I don't think so.

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    So far our new air con is costing about the same as the old one BUT the last couple of weeks have been hotter than Satan's semen so we're looking forward to this month's electric bill to see if there's any change now the rains have seem to started.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-09-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLotusLane View Post
    Not sure this has been covered yet, but my air conditioning advice would be the following:

1. Determine the required BTU based on the seller's calculation, using the area and local factors (afternoon sun yes/no sun, etc.), but then get the next bigger BTU capacity
    I always bought a unit 1 - 2 times lower than the "seller's calculation". They always ask how many talad meht (m2)? That's not important, but the other conditions : sonny side, large windows, insulation of the roof, walls, etc.

Unit 9,800 BTU is enough for my 20 - 25 m2. Of course, we do not cool down to 18 deg, as mostly Thai people do.

Last Online
    21-07-2022 @ 11:07 AM
    Samsung has WiFi units in Thailand. I haven't seen any other companies with it yet.
    Saw them in 11,000 and 18,000 BTU.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information