Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Air Asia Sucks

I'm a pain in the arse
    Last Online
    @
    ^ Thai Smile is intended to serve the market gap between low-cost carriers and full service airlines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Smile

Last Online
    @
    Never had an issue with AA to be honest.

Always booked online, print out, go to the 7, pay. Done.

Last Online
    @
    I've just discovered if you try to book on Thai Airways website it's 10,000 baht, if you use Thai Smile website it's just over 7,000 baht. So will most likely use Thai Smile now.

Last Online
    @
    Air Asia do these ridiculous so-called sales, example 99% discount on tickets for one day only, but you got to buy them online between 8am and 8.01am on that day

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    Air Asia do these ridiculous so-called sales, example 99% discount on tickets for one day only, but you got to buy them online between 8am and 8.01am on that day
    Never noticed that. But believe Tezza has them on pop-up for 18 months in advance.

I've always been surprised with their prices. Been flying to CM for about 1k baht, Phitsanulok for 800thb, Ubon for 700thb as standard.

I mean crikey, is a 12 hour bus to these places really that much cheaper. Nok Air is about them same. I flew my family down to Phuket a few Christmases go and it was about 1.5k thb each booked one week before.

Last Online
    @
    I flew to Trang last year for 1600 return, Nok Air.

Booked it 2 months before though.

Got a cheese puff and water on the plane.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    I have been a frequent traveler for the past 8 years or so as I work in Australia and fly home monthly for RNR, I have travelled on nearly every airline that services Australia.
    IMHO Air Asia is average it is certainly better than virgin, I have had a few disasters with them, but of the budget airlines scoot and tiger were my airlines of choice mainly due to the stopover which is Singapore and not bloody K.L. which is a cesspit, all the money they spent on the new terminal was a waste. Thai Airways has seemed to drop the ball lately as it seems every time I fly in you have to be bussed to the plane and the seats seem to be getting more cramped.
    The inflight service and the tucker has gone down hill as well, I dunno if it is a cost cutting or what but it certainly feels like it is going downhill.
    Qantas is not even worth mentioning as it does not fly from Brisbane to Thailand unless you do a multi part booking and it is always dearer than Thai air anyway.

Rob

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    I'm also a fan of Bangkok Air. It's the best way to get to and leave Mandalay. It's rarely full and the lounge is decent enough for Mandalay Airport that seems to improve and grow by the month. The biggest bonus is that the flight into BKK seems to arrive and a lull in the arrival schedule. Immigration has never taken more than 20 mins. However, leaving BKK is another matter!

knows
    Last Online
    18-04-2024 @ 03:08 PM
    They're fucking shite and their customer service, like most LCCs, is appalling.

They do sell flights for 10 bob though.

You get what you pay for etc

god
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    I flew to Trang last year for 1600 return, Nok Air.

Booked it 2 months before though.

Got a cheese puff and water on the plane.
    Brilliant ..

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers View Post
    I wonder what the profit margin is in a typical 7/11?
    I don't know but a friend was looking closely at buying in several years ago and abandoned the idea after crunching the digits.
    Yeah, I heard you're working for the man. But of course that's how franchises work.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat
    Pat they have great sales all the time. Since you rarely use them why are you just grasping at straws? You obviously have never taken the time to get some great deals on AA. I have flown my family to Bali for tax only, Phuket for 600RT, and Samui via Nakorn Sri Thammarat for less than 1000 RT.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Immigrunt
    Sounds like a lot of hassle at the end of a holiday to save $23. Why not accept that the flight cost 1200 baht each instead of 750 baht each? It's hardly expensive.
    Because we flew down with no carry on no problems, but with the wives shopping we needed more coming back. Okay? Save your mind reading skills for another post Nothing about money. Living only flag drop fee from DM we prefer not to wait around for luggage.
    IF u do online check in you can ADD a bag or two ....:-)

I have been very satisfied with AA over the past years they have been flying, Only once had a flight cancelled on me and they refunded the ticket.
    Never any trouble booking online in Thailand or in Myanmar
    I fly them Phuket- DMK- Mandalay every few months. Leave phuket at 7:50 in Mandalay at 12... love it
    just enough time in Bangkok for a few crispy cremes and coffee
    Send the gf back to Cambodia all the time using the fly thru in Bangkok, Love the separate immigration
    Last edited by Phuketrichard; 14-04-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol or insanity, but they've always worked for me" HST

View my pics

Last Online
    03-09-2023 @ 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    I'm not a big fan of LCC's, but with Thai dropping a lot of flights because of the competition, either you fly them or accept pissing about at Swampy for hours after a long haul flight.

Never been impressed with Air Asia or their Thai offshoot, and I had shit experiences with Bangkok Airways when I first used them.

But since then I've used Bkk Air a few times and can't really fault them.

I had nearly 40Kg of baggage on my last flight from CNX to BKK, and even though I offered to pay, they didn't even charge me for it.
    Have to agree with Harry. I like PG, but use TG a few times each month because the flight schedule suits me and they're flexible to deal with. LCC's have their place, for that once-in-a-while flight, if you can accept the overall experience. For a frequent flyer, FD'd do my head in.

Last Online
    06-07-2017 @ 01:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by moose65 View Post
    I have been a frequent traveler for the past 8 years or so as I work in Australia and fly home monthly for RNR, I have travelled on nearly every airline that services Australia.
    IMHO Air Asia is average it is certainly better than virgin, I have had a few disasters with them, but of the budget airlines scoot and tiger were my airlines of choice mainly due to the stopover which is Singapore and not bloody K.L. which is a cesspit, all the money they spent on the new terminal was a waste. Thai Airways has seemed to drop the ball lately as it seems every time I fly in you have to be bussed to the plane and the seats seem to be getting more cramped.
    The inflight service and the tucker has gone down hill as well, I dunno if it is a cost cutting or what but it certainly feels like it is going downhill.
    Qantas is not even worth mentioning as it does not fly from Brisbane to Thailand unless you do a multi part booking and it is always dearer than Thai air anyway.

Rob
    Rob,
    I may be going to Perth, for 3 weeks, from late July through August. What airline would you recommend ?

It seems all the connections are crap, with long layovers.

I was debating on taking AA between Bangkok and Jakarta (or Bali), overnighting there, and then on to Perth. And then return the same way.

Thanks,
    Steve

Banned

Last Online
    09-05-2021 @ 03:25 AM
    Terry57 has done a few trips from Perth and back, he swears by Air AsiaX although unlike Moose, he likes KL

If Moose thinks KL is a cesspit wait til he responds regarding Jndonesia

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by stevefarang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by moose65 View Post

Rob
    Rob,
    I may be going to Perth, for 3 weeks, from late July through August. What airline would you recommend ?

It seems all the connections are crap, with long layovers.

I was debating on taking AA between Bangkok and Jakarta (or Bali), overnighting there, and then on to Perth. And then return the same way.

Thanks,
    Steve

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...3;r=2017-05-17

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    16-09-2023 @ 06:11 PM
    Just flew AA from Phnom Penh to KL,KL to Melbourne with not a problem. Left on time and service was nothing to complain about. Got a trip in July flying KL to Melbourne on a flat bed, will let you know how it goes.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM

Compared to Ryanair, Air Asia rock! The departure area for Ryanair in Budapest could also be used for a cattle auction. Flying back East on Sunday and really looking forward to the A380 leg to Abu Dhabi. Even economy is pretty nice.

Custom Title Changer
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    I'm guessing that Air Asia X is under a different management scheme than the domestic Air Asia.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    I'm guessing that Air Asia X is under a different management scheme than the domestic Air Asia.
    Air Asia/Air Asia X are Malaysian [KL] based - Malay/Singapore owners.
    All of their regional sub-carriers keep their respective hq/hub, yet answer to Kuala Lumpur.

god
    Last Online
    @
    I just booked a return flight CNX-Bkk for Bt3180 (including Bt 200 tax) on Bkk Air,...compared to Air Asia's offer of Bt2486 at comparable times, sans generous baggage allowance, more comfortable seating, free meals on board and comfortable airport lounge with food, drinks and wifi while waiting, that BkkAir provide.
    “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? John 10:34.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post
    I just booked a return flight CNX-Bkk for Bt3180 (including Bt 200 tax) on Bkk Air,...compared to Air Asia's offer of Bt2486 at comparable times, sans generous baggage allowance, more comfortable seating, free meals on board and comfortable airport lounge with food, drinks and wifi while waiting, that BkkAir provide.
    Bangkok Air has always out done it's domestic competitors with extended amenities as such....

Last Online
    @
    Couldn't get Thai Smile tickets for under 10,000 baht today so using Air Asia again return to Hat Yai for 2 people 6,300 baht with 25 kg baggage allowance.

Last Online
    06-09-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFFan View Post
    Reading your opening post you seem to have had issues redeeming your free flight's.

Besides that issue, AA is designed for people who are savie enough to take advantage of their great prices and sales.

This includes pre-booking your seat, food and luggage if packing over 7 Kilo. If played correctly the seasoned AA flier saves a large wedge of money using the system.

When a traveller can buy a flight for the price of a train ticket it's a stretch to complain about not getting free stuff.

These types are better served paying top dollar on a regular flight and not bothering with Budget airlines.

If one is a big guy book an exit row, if you will get hungry book a meal, pack your own blankie if ya like and bring your own entertainment.

AA has been in the business many years now and a look at KLCC 2 Airport will impress.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information